Friday April 2nd: Nebraska at Illinois - (Huskers win 8-6)

k9_r

Defensive Coordinator
Jul 31, 2010
WHAT??? What did I just read?

"The high-scoring series featured 22 combined home runs, including 14 during game two."

Northwestern and Illinois banged 14 home runs in last Saturday's game? Yep, I went to the stats and, sure enough, Illinois had five and NW had nine. Damn!

RobsterMobster

Administrator
Jan 5, 2010
WHAT??? What did I just read?

"The high-scoring series featured 22 combined home runs, including 14 during game two."

Northwestern and Illinois banged 14 home runs in last Saturday's game? Yep, I went to the stats and, sure enough, Illinois had five and NW had nine. Damn!
I believe Northwestern broke the record for home runs in a game at Illinois’ home field.

TampaBaySkers

Senior
Oct 30, 2010
Illinois plates 4 runs in the 6th (3 unearned). Huskers trail 4-2 after 6. Need to get one back here.

Last edited:

TampaBaySkers

Senior
Oct 30, 2010
Illinois leads 6-5 after 7. Let’s answer here boys!

defense is a little off tonight. Think it’s our first night game so understandable.

coolonetoo

Sophomore
May 12, 2003
It was kind of a Maalox Moment kind of game but it's a win! And get this: A MEN'S ATHLETIC TEAM AT THE UNIVERSITY OF NEBRASKA IS IN SOLE POSSESSION OF FIRST PLACE!!!

Hskrbsbl2020

Walk On
Dec 1, 2019
Wins like tonight need to happen to finish top 3 in the conference, but this was a lost opportunity from a limitation standpoint. Should've buried them early and saved the bullpen for the next two games. Little concerned with Bragg being our top Friday reliever, but boy did Bunz shut the door! And SS, goodness that's electric. Looked like Povich only had his FB & CB, as his slider and change-up were not what we're use to.

Loved the squeeze call by Harvell, absolutely a ballsy call.

k9_r

Defensive Coordinator
Jul 31, 2010
Wins like tonight need to happen to finish top 3 in the conference, but this was a lost opportunity from a limitation standpoint. Should've buried them early and saved the bullpen for the next two games. Little concerned with Bragg being our top Friday reliever, but boy did Bunz shut the door! And SS, goodness that's electric. Looked like Povich only had his FB & CB, as his slider and change-up were not what we're use to.

Loved the squeeze call by Harvell, absolutely a ballsy call.
I do think Illinois' bullpen is in more trouble than ours. They used five pitchers today and their entire staff is suffering from notgooditis. They don't exactly stink but.... uh, yeah they do.

Reactions: HuskersNC

RobsterMobster

Administrator
Jan 5, 2010
Wasn’t the best performance but we won. That’s the key. We have won looking good and won looking bad. I’ll easily take something in between any day of the week.

Reactions: TampaBaySkers

Latest posts