ADVERTISEMENT

Fresno State Prediction Thread.

Pennsyhusker

Athletic Director
Aug 6, 2009
Harveys Lake, PA
I know it is still over a week until game day, so this is way too early, but I can't wait. Plus I need a distraction from all of the off the field stuff. So why not?

My prediction is that we roll these guys. Our defense is much improved and Armstrong has a big day. I also look for a big day for our running game. Night game. Electric crowd.

NU 48
Fresno 10

Reactions: HuskerO
51-14

All 3 RBs get big time run. Fyfe plays mid way through Q3.

JD Speilman returns KO and punts (later in game).

LBs have on overall great game as a unit and the DBs have a few take always. DL struggles a bit.

The family and I should be there. Making the drive from Dallas for game #1. My first game in a few years. My wife's first NU game ever and all she has to compare it to is FSU, where she graduated from. Lots a stake here.

Nay, we go "vanilla" and hold everything back for Oregon so we struggle.

Sarcasim of course but had to be the first with an excuse.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
I think we struggle through the first half. Couple of turnovers and a busted play on defense or two. But size and depth wear on Fresno. I think we end up with more FGs than TDs, due to some break downs in the red zone. I will go with 36-16, giving up a TD and three FGs.

31-24 Huskers. Gonna be difficult for us to come out of the gate with the proper level of intensity with the issues these guys have faced in the off season.

Lol. We're in big trouble this year if we only win by 4. NU 42 FS 17
I agree.. but I think they get points off a couple of turnovers, so it's not as close as the score looks. I don't believe we are a team that can just steam roll people this year. It would be nice to see that though.

Considering they went 3-9 last year and got bludgeoned 51-10 by BYU, I'm going with...

55-20.

Considering they went 3-9 last year and got bludgeoned 51-10 by BYU, I'm going with...

55-20.
Exactly. They do not look, on paper, to be any better than they were last year. Yes, we have had off the field distractions, but this is a hungry team and staff with something to prove.

45-16 NU win.

DLine shows flashes but gets gashed a couple times on misdirection plays or "broken" plays where discipline is key. We have the speed to catch em before the end zone, forcing 3 FGs.

Offensively it will look methodical and efficient. There will be talk of the scoring explosion because Tommy looked so good this game. We won't actually know if he can play within himself until Oregon and the pressure is on, so we won't learn too much about the Offense this game.

45-16 NU win.

DLine shows flashes but gets gashed a couple times on misdirection plays or "broken" plays where discipline is key. We have the speed to catch em before the end zone, forcing 3 FGs.

Offensively it will look methodical and efficient. There will be talk of the scoring explosion because Tommy looked so good this game. We won't actually know if he can play within himself until Oregon and the pressure is on, so we won't learn too much about the Offense this game.
I agree about the offense being methodical. I think we can run on these guys so look for Riley to play a more conservative game and pound the rock

Exactly. They do not look, on paper, to be any better than they were last year. Yes, we have had off the field distractions, but this is a hungry team and staff with something to prove.

And a team in their 2nd year in both offensive and defensive systems is going to be more comfortable and confident in themselves. Dare I say even have some swag..

And a team in their 2nd year in both offensive and defensive systems is going to be more comfortable and confident in themselves. Dare I say even have some swag..
I might be drinking the same kool aid you are but I just have a gut feeling, barring injuries, that we are going to have a very good team this year with the potential for a great season. I think we will pound Fresno into the field turf.

I know it is still over a week until game day, so this is way too early, but I can't wait. Plus I need a distraction from all of the off the field stuff. So why not?

My prediction is that we roll these guys. Our defense is much improved and Armstrong has a big day. I also look for a big day for our running game. Night game. Electric crowd.

NU 48
Fresno 10
it could be more lopsided 48-10. last year fresno state went 3-9. they were not good on offense or defense. against 11 fbs teams the offense 21 ppg. the defense 40 ppg. some of the games they lost. ole miss 73-21, byu 52-10, utah state 56-14, Air Force 42-14

it could be more lopsided 48-10. last year fresno state went 3-9. they were not good on offense or defense. against 11 fbs teams the offense 21 ppg. the defense 40 ppg. some of the games they lost. ole miss 73-21, byu 52-10, utah state 56-14, Air Force 42-14
I agree. But this is a first game so the offense might have some kinks to work out. I also think, as I said above, that we can run on these guys. And if that is true I expect some methodical and time consuming drives as Riley opts to keep it simple

NU 48
Fresno 10

NU 48
Fresno 10

NU 49
FRENO 23

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
The people claiming Nebraska will struggle are giving Fresno State far too much credit. This is by far the worst Fresno Team of the last 3 visits. Tim DeRuyter will be fired following the 2016 season. His coaching performance in Fresno is one of the worst in college football over the last few seasons. Fresno is a NON Power 5 program that has unlimited access to 4 million people in their own region, the San Joaquin Valley. They have dozens of JUCO programs in the footprint, and SOCAL non PAC 12 scraps are also right down the road.

He completely ended that local recruiting base and has destroyed a proud program. This 2016 Fresno team will be the worst team Nebraska has played since Florida Atlantic in 2014. And they will be much worse than South Alabama from last season.

Nebraska could be another 5-7 team and they will still beat Fresno State by 40+.

Nebraska 52
Fresno State - 10

The people claiming Nebraska will struggle are giving Fresno State far too much credit. This is by far the worst Fresno Team of the last 3 visits. Tim DeRuyter will be fired following the 2016 season. His coaching performance in Fresno is one of the worst in college football over the last few seasons. Fresno is a NON Power 5 program that has unlimited access to 4 million people in their own region, the San Joaquin Valley. They have dozens of JUCO programs in the footprint, and SOCAL non PAC 12 scraps are also right down the road.

He completely ended that local recruiting base and has destroyed a proud program. This 2016 Fresno team will be the worst team Nebraska has played since Florida Atlantic in 2014. And they will be much worse than South Alabama from last season.

Nebraska could be another 5-7 team and they will still beat Fresno State by 40+.

Nebraska 52
Fresno State - 10
This nails it. I don't understand people saying we will struggle here. If we do we are in serious trouble since Fresno is wretched

ADVERTISEMENT