ADVERTISEMENT

Freshman 4

JPR95

Redshirt Freshman
Aug 23, 2007
Since the NCAA has made this season’s eligibility a wash, correct me if I’m wrong unless I’ve missed something stated elsewhere, does that mean freshman can play the entire year Without eligibility issues? Or will they be held to the 4 game rule.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
Since the NCAA has made this season’s eligibility a wash, correct me if I’m wrong unless I’ve missed something stated elsewhere, does that mean freshman can play the entire year Without eligibility issues? Or will they be held to the 4 game rule.
I was under the impression that the NCAA decided to grant every fall student athlete with an extra year of eligibility. Hopefully that hasn't changed.

my guess is they could play the entire year, but would count as their redshirt year. so they wouldnt be able to play 4 next year and have it not count.

Reactions: Crazyhole
my guess is they could play the entire year, but would count as their redshirt year. so they wouldnt be able to play 4 next year and have it not count.
I'm not sure about this. every player is getting a waiver, so why would it count against some and not others?

I think they'll be able to play the whole year, redshirt next year, and still have 4 years of eligibility no problemo.

since the scholarship limit increase is only for 1 year, however, this will definitely impact roster management/recruiting class sizes for the next several years.

Reactions: JPR95 and Crazyhole
I'm not sure about this. every player is getting a waiver, so why would it count against some and not others?

I think they'll be able to play the whole year, redshirt next year, and still have 4 years of eligibility no problemo.

since the scholarship limit increase is only for 1 year, however, this will definitely impact roster management/recruiting class sizes for the next several years.

Hell of an opportunity for these freshmen to be able to play the entire year if indeed eligibility is not counted.

The NCAA approved a blanket waiver that any/all players can play this year and it won't impact either eligibility or redshirt status.

Unless you are a member of the church of LDS, most people want to get on with their lives by the time they are 23. Also remember eligibility was granted but the school is only required to provide 4 years of athletic scholarship.

Reactions: leodisflowers
I know. They're called doctors.

“And was that a niner I heard in there?”
Unless you are a member of the church of LDS, most people want to get on with their lives by the time they are 23. Also remember eligibility was granted but the school is only required to provide 4 years of athletic scholarship.

This is my thinking. Unless you’re a ”bubble” player, meaning MAYBE you get an extra look at the NFL because if an extra year of eligibility then what’s the point? Unless you’re playing for a national title, or getting another look at going pro, well... at some point you have to hang it up so most are going to realize it’s time to move on with life.

ADVERTISEMENT