ADVERTISEMENT

Fremont Bergan QB offered by NDSU

Koa is an Option QB. He has offers from Army and Air Force, and I think he would be wise to take those offers if he wants to remain a QB. I don't believe he will even remain a QB at NDSU.

Nebraska likes him as a DB, but more as a walk on.
My BK username stands for Bergan Knights, so I'm biased. Kid is tough, has 4.42 speed, and a strong work ethic. I'd take a risk and offer him as an athlete. He also plays safety, and kind of reminds me a bit of Nate Gerry, Domann or a Gifford, as someone who could bulk up and play a hybrid OLB.

At the very least he could take Chris Walker's spot as the gym rat workout warrior and play special teams.

He's working on his passing, but I doubt he would be able to pass well enough for our current offense.

My BK username stands for Bergan Knights, so I'm biased. Kid is tough, has 4.42 speed, and a strong work ethic. I'd take a risk and offer him as an athlete. He also plays safety, and kind of reminds me a bit of Nate Gerry, Domann or a Gifford, as someone who could bulk up and play a hybrid OLB.

At the very least he could take Chris Walker's spot as the gym rat workout warrior and play special teams.

He's working on his passing, but I doubt he would be able to pass well enough for our current offense.
Does Berg have its own home field? I don't think I have ever seen much of that school for some reason.

Koa is an Option QB. He has offers from Army and Air Force, and I think he would be wise to take those offers if he wants to remain a QB. I don't believe he will even remain a QB at NDSU.

Sooooooo you’re saying let’s return to the 90s then?

Trey Lance had a similar offer list out of HS and people doubted his passing ability as well. I wouldn't doubt that the Bison at least give him a look at QB.

Trey Lance had a similar offer list out of HS and people doubted his passing ability as well. I wouldn't doubt that the Bison at least give him a look at QB.

Trey Lance could also throw a spiral 70 yards with elite velocity. Koa has arm strength like Logan Smothers, but with much less accuracy.

Trey Lance could also throw a spiral 70 yards with elite velocity. Koa has arm strength like Logan Smothers, but with much less accuracy.
I hadn't realized that you watched both of these kids play in high school so I stand corrected. I haven't seen either play. With that kind of speed, athleticism, arm strength and accuracy, what the hell was Minnesota, Iowa, NU and others thinking in not recruiting this kid! As a junior, Lance runs a 4.5 and throws 70 yards with elite accuracy? Figure it out Big 10 recruiters!

Reactions: Raptor10
I hadn't realized that you watched both of these kids play in high school so I stand corrected. I haven't seen either play. With that kind of speed, athleticism, arm strength and accuracy, what the hell was Minnesota, Iowa, NU and others thinking in not recruiting this kid! As a junior, Lance runs a 4.5 and throws 70 yards with elite accuracy? Figure it out Big 10 recruiters!

Trey Lance ran the wishbone in high school. Josh Allen also ran an Option Oriented offense in high school out in the Cali Desert.

Its not surprising teams failed to realize Trey's arm talent.

Koa has plenty of throws on film. Also, I get the suspicion NDSU is changing the direction of their offense going forward. They're recruiting a few more run first guys.

Does Midland have their own field now? They always used to play at Memorial Stadium on Military Avenue (along with Fremont High).
It's the same one, they just fully took it over. Bergan and Fremont High have always used the same field on Military ave.

Reactions: saluno22
I'm a fan of your posts, but I still remember you listing Adrianne Talan as the #1 prospect from our 2015 class, so hopefully you are better at evaluating QB's than LB's ;)
Do you think we should offer Koa?

I'm a fan of your posts, but I still remember you listing Adrianne Talan as the #1 prospect from our 2015 class, so hopefully you are better at evaluating QB's than LB's ;)
Do you think we should offer Koa?

Yeah that didn't happen. My 2015 top 5 was the following:

1. Stanley Morgan
2. Tyrin Ferguson
3. Eric Lee
4 & 5 Davis Twins

Overall that class was shit. Yikes.

And there is a big difference between projecting defenders and assessing a QB's arm strength.

Koa has plenty of throws on film. Also, I get the suspicion NDSU is changing the direction of their offense going forward. They're recruiting a few more run first guys.
Wishbone or no wishbone, if he was showing off 70 yard throws with elite accuracy before his senior year in high school, I would think that word would get around. To turn your nose up to that kind of elite talent is inexcusable.

Trey Lance ran the wishbone in high school. Josh Allen also ran an Option Oriented offense in high school out in the Cali Desert.

Your definitely on to something, since Roehl took over as the OC in '19 their offense has been much more efficient with the quarterback running. Even with Lance the offense was better with him running even though he can obviously sling it. Last year they tried Zeb Noland from Iowa St. who is more stationary and it was bad. They went to the backup who can't throw at all but the offense was better with him.

This upcoming year they have Quincy Patterson from Virginia Tech coming in who is a big runner, I'm not as familiar with Payton and if he's more of a run first or not, but I wouldn't be surprised if they kept Koa at qb and as long as he can make a few throws a game he'd be able run the offense.

Not offered as a QB by NDSU. Was offered at safety. Great athlete though. Wish the kid luck.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Trey Lance is a big dude and had a rocket arm in high school. Not a fair comparison.

Trey Lance is a big dude and had a rocket arm in high school. Not a fair comparison.
You are presenting that as if it was common knowledge. Nobody in the Big 10 or Big 12 or Mountain West, etc. thought he had the talent to play in their conference. The fact is that they do have similar offer lists.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT