ADVERTISEMENT

Fred Hoiberg the Hawkeye killer

tenor.gif

Congrats on the win last night. I for one do think FH will do a good job there eventually as he is a good recruiter and can recognize talent. Something that we dont have with Fran as he cant close on good recruits. Hopefully for me Iowa doesn't shoot 12% from 3 the rest of the year.

Reactions: 9and4
Congrats on the win last night. I for one do think FH will do a good job there eventually as he is a good recruiter and can recognize talent. Something that we dont have with Fran as he cant close on good recruits. Hopefully for me Iowa doesn't shoot 12% from 3 the rest of the year.

I wouldn’t call Wiescamp, Fredrick and Garza not very good recruits but he can close on his kids..Laughing

I do think Patrick will be much better than Connor by a long shot...Connor is a baseball player and a adequate player on the court...

I wouldn’t call Wiescamp, Fredrick and Garza not very good recruits but he can close on his kids..Laughing

I do think Patrick will be much better than Connor by a long shot...Connor is a baseball player and a adequate player on the court...

True. Wiescamp was fairly highly recruited but they also didnt have to put any effort towards that one- he wanted to come here to start with. CJ and Garza were both mid level recruits; CJ in particular didnt have great offers our of HS.

Patrick has a shot to be a pretty good player if he can get healthy. Conner at best is a role player; at times he has been very steady but when asked to do too much (like now that we have people hurt) his weaknesses start to show more.

True. Wiescamp was fairly highly recruited but they also didnt have to put any effort towards that one- he wanted to come here to start with. CJ and Garza were both mid level recruits; CJ in particular didnt have great offers our of HS.

Patrick has a shot to be a pretty good player if he can get healthy. Conner at best is a role player; at times he has been very steady but when asked to do too much (like now that we have people hurt) his weaknesses start to show more.
Connor is an excellent outfielder. Here's to Patrick's health, and to Wieskamp and Garza entering the 2020 NBA draft. They're good enough, though last night may have not proven that.

Connor is an excellent outfielder. Here's to Patrick's health, and to Wieskamp and Garza entering the 2020 NBA draft. They're good enough, though last night may have not proven that.
Garza is a really really good college player. I don’t think he translates into NBA player though. With a few minutes left when Mack exploded for layup with him in paint- he can’t be a be a guy in the paint in the NBA and let that happen. On the flip side, his jump shot may allow for NBA

Reactions: 9and4
Remember the old adage....live by the 3, die by the 3. We don't have much of what I would call an inside game because we don't have a go to big guy. But found enough other aspects of the game that worked which one of them was collapse on Garza

Iowa State might be looking for a new basketball coach after this season. Hopefully Fred doesn't want to go back home. Fortunately, he has an $11 million buyout that they can't afford.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT