ADVERTISEMENT

Fred Hoiberg is done after this season, right?

I don’t dislike Fred Hoiberg, but he has failed in an epic manner here. There were points this season—particularly after Creighton and the first Purdue game—where I had hoped he was finally turning the corner.

Now? We are 3-7 in conference (2nd from last), and he is 34-76 overall. We have been patient, but this is indefensible.

On one final note, with the inexplicable, meritless extensions of Frost and Hoiberg, Bill Moos has to be the most disastrous AD ever for us, right?
Eichorst…

Reactions: scarletred
how long would it take for anybody to notice if manhattan, ks burned to the ground along with every putrid sack of sh*t sub-human soul who calls it home?

week? month? never?

my money's on the over

Your mom says quit bothering us!!!
live look at you the second you hit send on this knee-slapper:

RecklessFixedGreatargus-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: TheNewNU
Oh my! King Kong is saying nasty things about me! I'm totally devastated!
rather ironic from the guy who started bawling like a bitch the instant he saw a cross word about his (shithole) town on another team's message board

I don't, of course, expect you to understand that

Reactions: Gary.Busey
I don’t know about that. He was inconsistent here, but he overall has been effective at every stop.

For us he put together 2 19 win seasons, a 22 win season, and won Big 10 coach of the year.

I think he was and is a good coach. People liked him too.
Yeah miles isn't a bad coach. It is tough to win in Nebraska. Our basketball program is terrible. I would try Craig Smith next. Was on staff in the early years of miles tenure when they made the tournament and has had success everywhere he has been as a HC since

My favorite part was where he/she/it made Mom jokes, among others and then broke out with "Im not sure how Ill live to see tomorrow" and "Im totally devastated" when responded to in kind as if any person here will feel any of those things from his Fn Mom jokes.
Super butthurt about someone calling Manhattan a shithole? Better act like a bitch on a message board. SMFH.

Yeah miles isn't a bad coach. It is tough to win in Nebraska. Our basketball program is terrible. I would try Craig Smith next. Was on staff in the early years of miles tenure when they made the tournament and has had success everywhere he has been as a HC since

Yes, Smith was a big reason for Miles' success. Miles pretty much sucked after Smith left.

Have to think Minnesota will fire their coach after this season, and Smith (Minnesota native) will be their top candidate. Would be funny if they hired Miles, though. I believe Miles once said Minnesota was his dream job.

Yes, Smith was a big reason for Miles' success. Miles pretty much sucked after Smith left.

Have to think Minnesota will fire their coach after this season, and Smith (Minnesota native) will be their top candidate. Would be funny if they hired Miles, though. I believe Miles once said Minnesota was his dream job.
Yeah I could see Smith going to Minnesota next whether it is this year or next year. Doubt they would hire miles after his Nebraska stint. Miles fits better at mid major programs

Yeah I could see Smith going to Minnesota next whether it is this year or next year. Doubt they would hire miles after his Nebraska stint. Miles fits better at mid major programs

They should have never fired Pitino. He had a bad season during the Covid year but overall was not bad. He has turned around New Mexico in just two years.

Nee was able to keep local talent like Strickland, Boone,Woolridge etc. And snag a few like Venson Hamilton and Lue. Was able to grab Piakowski when Notre Dame made a coaching change. Couldn't get along with Woolridge so he left for Iowa City and was all BIG a couple of years. Plenty of talent that he recruited but unfortunately was a weak fundamental coach.
Danny Nee had Jimmy Williams as his recruiter. Jimmy got talent to Lincoln. Our last 4 coaches have not had an assistant like Jimmy, that could recruit

Danny Nee had Jimmy Williams as his recruiter. Jimmy got talent to Lincoln. Our last 4 coaches have not had an assistant like Jimmy, that could recruit

Collier had Scott Spinelli, who brought in Aleks Maric and Joe McCray.

But yeah the last three coaches have lacked that great recruiter on staff. Matt A. was supposed to be that guy for Hoiberg.

They should have never fired Pitino. He had a bad season during the Covid year but overall was not bad. He has turned around New Mexico in just two years.
Pitino at Minnesota was similar to miles at Nebraska. Only two tournament births in 8 years and his last two years were bad. I get them wanting a change. Mid major coaching is a different deal.

I still think hoiberg is back next year. He sucks and absolutely should be fired, but 11 million dollars is not going to be spent on a buyout for a basketball coach

TJ Otzelberger is the man, he brought in a ridiculous amount of talent to ISU for Fred to work with. And Matt A. brought in a few good transfers as well (this was before the transfer portal). I said on this board that we should hire Otzelberger when he was at SDSU, back in 2019.

Unless Fred can find the next Otzelberger as an assistant quickly, someone who can bring in a lot of talent, I don't see how he's going to turn this program around.

I'd love to see us hire Dusty May from FAU, but I don't see Trev paying an $11 million buyout.
THIS!!! Look what Otzelberger has done at ISU.

I’d be interested. A ton of connections to HS coaches in the Midwest. Don’t really follow Drake but I think they have had a couple of their better players hit the portal last couple of years so you could argue his record could be better. He’d need a national recruiter on his staff to make it work here though. Concern would be he’d bolt for Creighton once Mac retires to play golf FT in Arizona.
Talk me out of Darian DeVries.

Reactions: 9and4
Concern would be he’d bolt for Creighton
The concern that Creighton would want to hire a Nebraska coach is a dream come true. The possibility that Nebraska basketball could be successful enough that another legit program would want our coach - has it ever happened before? Not that I know of. If Hoiberg had done anything he'd be getting looks, and I'd welcome it.

I’d be interested. A ton of connections to HS coaches in the Midwest. Don’t really follow Drake but I think they have had a couple of their better players hit the portal last couple of years so you could argue his record could be better. He’d need a national recruiter on his staff to make it work here though. Concern would be he’d bolt for Creighton once Mac retires to play golf FT in Arizona.
Iowa pretty much recruits family members and Midwesterners (and an occasional Luka Garza), and they're a perennial post-season team. I could deal with that after 60 years of heartache.

Reactions: mgbreis
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT