ADVERTISEMENT

Franks Field

Sweet!!!!!!

Pretty crazy to think we haven't been the same since he left....churned through one coach and AD after another, and his reign was our last best....and I am not debating whether or not he should have been retained, just reflecting.

Sweet!!!!!!

Pretty crazy to think we haven't been the same since he left....churned through one coach and AD after another, and his reign was our last best....and I am not debating whether or not he should have been retained, just reflecting.
Bo Pelini was on par with Frank Solich.

Bo Pelini was on par with Frank Solich.
Certainly record wise, Bo was similar. But his demeanor, being caught on tape saying F$%k the fans, and creating an us against the world mentality, further deviated the culture/identity of NU football from what it had been under Devaney/TO and to a large degree, Solich.

Sweet!!!!!!

yep. it was spoiled behavior on sp’s part. at 10-3 it looked foolish and it was foolish.

Very nice honor for Frank Solich. Four division titles during his time there.

The Ohio U Bobcats have won five MAC championships, in 1953, 1960, 1963, 1967, and 1968, and four MAC East Division championships, in 2006, 2009, 2011, and 2016. Prior to joining the MAC, the Bobcats won six Buckeye Athletic Association championships, in 1929, 1930, 1931, 1935, 1936, and 1938.

Reactions: tpmcg
granted it was the MAC, but by god they played fbs schools from the outset. and often more than 1, unlike say, kstank’s old coach.

Reactions: moralvictories
Happy for Frank but the whole thing makes me sad. How many years have we floundered since he left?
We floundered in 2002 which was probably the main reason Frank was fired. Looking back, we probably should have given him at least another 2 years to see if he could turn things around.

We floundered in 2002 which was probably the main reason Frank was fired. Looking back, we probably should have given him at least another 2 years to see if he could turn things around.
We weren’t the problem.. It all had to do with Steve Pederson not getting along and despising Solich..
If Bill Byrne would have remained the AD more likely would have made a different story at least another year or two longer..

Steve Pedersen and Shawn Eichorst will go down as the two worst AD's in the history of Nebraska football.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT