ADVERTISEMENT

Francois

So what's the word on this kid? Is he here? Did he leave? Did he ever leave? How does he feel about Drew Brees?

Reactions: nwualum
So what's the word on this kid? Is he here? Did he leave? Did he ever leave? How does he feel about Drew Brees?
Can we just have a football thread?

If I read it correctly he was here, was super homesick, went home, was supposed to be back but hasn't returned.

Reactions: scarletred
I don't think this is unique to us. I don't know the numbers, but I assume most programs are cycling through more kids than they used to. Everything seems more fluid... hell one of our captains last year was a one and done grad transfer.

I don't think this is unique to us. I don't know the numbers, but I assume most programs are cycling through more kids than they used to. Everything seems more fluid... hell one of our captains last year was a one and done grad transfer.

Agree with this, but it seems to highlight the importance of locking up the good talent within NE and the 500 mile radius. I haven't taken the time to analyze, but it feels like the attrition rate is a lot higher for the recruits that come across the country. Its easy to justify losing local recruits like Dickerson when your pulling in multiple 4 star DBs from Florida, but you have to be able to keep them. Potentially losing the 2 4 star DBs from the 2020 class before they have seen a fall camp is a tough pill, even in the fluid environment we appear to be in.

tenor.gif

Agree with this, but it seems to highlight the importance of locking up the good talent within NE and the 500 mile radius. I haven't taken the time to analyze, but it feels like the attrition rate is a lot higher for the recruits that come across the country. Its easy to justify losing local recruits like Dickerson when your pulling in multiple 4 star DBs from Florida, but you have to be able to keep them. Potentially losing the 2 4 star DBs from the 2020 class before they have seen a fall camp is a tough pill, even in the fluid environment we appear to be in.

I don't think anyone has to justify Dickerson. Local guys will go elsewhere no matter how hard you try. For every Harrison Phillips there's probably five Bubaks that haven't done jack. You get the best players that want to be here and roll with it.

I thought it was just some drama related to negative recruiting?

that’s what it was, he was told Fisher was leaving or left the Huskers and that’s what happened, you are correct sir.

outside that, I’m not even touching this one till we hear about him either coming back or officially transferring.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Sounds like he has settled down and is getting ready to get back in the fold.

These kids are human and they're teenagers. They get in their feelings sometimes, there can be missed communication and crossed wires, they think something is wrong that is fine, you never know.

He is close with Marcus Fleming and Ronald Delancey and since they arrived they have been saying how they love it here and they been bragging about the Huskers. I’m sure that helped out as well. I’m just glad it appears he’s coming back. GBR

Maybe a fcs school

That could be it too. My guesses are JUCO, FCS or he simply keeps working with K Williams and tries his luck with the draft or a different league? I just don’t see him playing for another Power 5 team other then the Huskers. If he was going that route, I’m sure he’d announced the transfer portal by now and which team he was trying for.

That could be it too. My guesses are JUCO, FCS or he simply keeps working with K Williams and tries his luck with the draft or a different league? I just don’t see him playing for another Power 5 team other then the Huskers. If he was going that route, I’m sure he’d announced the transfer portal by now and which team he was trying for.
Hard to believe he would go to a JUCO. That would be like going from the penthouse to the outhouse.

Hard to believe he would go to a JUCO. That would be like going from the penthouse to the out house.

it’s also hard to believe he had just walked away. The man is doing some odd stuff right now. Everything we guess, is just that...guesses. I do know this, most players who are transferring to another Power 5 team has already announced it and announced their next team. The longer he waits, the longer it takes to apply for a waiver, to get approved or denied and then you have to relearn play books and all that. He may very well come right back to the Huskers and he wanted to train this off season with Keith Williams for his senior year. Who honestly knows?

it’s also hard to believe he had just walked away. The man is doing some odd stuff right now. Everything we guess, is just that...guesses. I do know this, most players who are transferring to another Power 5 team has already announced it and announced their next team. The longer he waits, the longer it takes to apply for a waiver, to get approved or denied and then you have to relearn play books and all that. He may very well come right back to the Huskers and he wanted to train this off season with Keith Williams for his senior year. Who honestly knows?
Man, we just need to get these kids out there playing football.

Reactions: huskerssalts
Maybe a fcs school
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think FCS schools are still D1 so he would need a waiver for them too. IMO, his academic standing is a bigger hurdle for him than getting a waiver from the NCAA. From what we've heard anyway, he's got a whole bunch of ZEROs or incompletes on his last grade report. At least the last time I checked you couldn't gain admission to a new university with the kind of transcript he would show let alone be academically eligible to play sports.

ADVERTISEMENT