ADVERTISEMENT

Francois gone?

To quote another poster:

1. Vedral was enrolled at UCF and played
2. Francois never even took a class at Nebraska
3. Vedral was being recruited by a coach raiding his former team's roster (also tried to get Trysten Hill as well)
4. Francois was transferring home during a global pandemic
And?

Last edited:
Blocking transfers to a leaving coaches team and conference opponents is a commonality. Blocking transfers to a kid trying to go back home without even playing a snap is not.

Did frost block the other guys who left or is just francois? Given that UCFs fans are the only ones here crying, I have a guess.

Miami definitely isnt. Miami is a glamorous city with beatiful women, insane amounts of wealth, cars, high rises and perfect weather. Kids arent gonna take Lincoln and a sub .500 team over that. He'd be much better off recruiting Dallas Austin and Houston metros. Those places are way more like Lincoln culturally and at least for part of the year weather wise.

Miami is far from glamorous. It's a dump. If you like muggy, buggy and full of lunatics then by all means live in Florida.

Yeah, the posters that think these kids are living in Miami (the Miami you remember from Miami Vice) are insane.

To quote another poster:

3. Vedral was being recruited by a coach raiding his former team's roster (also tried to get Trysten Hill as well)

Francois was an early enrollee and went through winter conditioning and the first two days of spring ball, so he did take classes.

Blocking transfers to a leaving coaches team and conference opponents is a commonality. Blocking transfers to a kid trying to go back home without even playing a snap is not.
You say tomato, I say tomato.

No inside info here but I bet he's released in the exact same number of days Vedral was. And everyone will be just fine.

To quote another poster:

Verbal was going home, Frost did not try to recruit the UCF roster that’s ridiculous and stop recruiting players at other schools.

A. Francois had a very very strange signing day. Maybe it’s wasn’t just Miami whispering in his ear about the staff.
B. Greene left after Francois and went to FAU, presumably with no issues.
C. I can’t imagine Frost blocking UCF for no reason. It’s not like he’s sticking it to USF or an old rival. You would imagine he’d be fond of UCF.

Seems like this is enough to suggest that he’s not being blocked out of mere pettiness.

South Beach is glamorous. Much of Dade county is a third world country though.

Florida sucks. If you're at the beach it can be fun. Outside of that I would pa
If you like freedoms, no state income taxes, beautiful women, beautiful beaches, fantastic weather then move to FL.

Florida sucks. They have lots of ugly trailer trash though. Their weather sucks. It's also a hurricane catcher.

Per Journal Star.

Nebraska has lost another Class of 2020 defensive back.

Freshman Jaiden Francois has entered his name into the NCAA's transfer portal, the Journal Star confirmed Friday.

Francois is the second four defensive back signees from Florida to leave the NU program before ever playing a snap.

A mid-year enrollee, Francois originally signed with the Huskers over Miami and several other national suitors in December.

This story will be updated.

Contact the writer at pgabriel@journalstar.com or 402-473-7439. On Twitter @HuskerExtraPG.

View Comments
When you are a four star you expect to play, hell I would leave too.

Word is that Francois didn't leave NU on the best of terms and did some stuff on the way out the door.

I heard something about him using all of his per diem right before leaving, as if he had it planned to use all of his allotted cash and bail.

Add this + the Vedral situation, I can see why Frost didn’t give a rats ass about him and UCF.

I heard something about him using all of his per diem right before leaving, as if he had it planned to use all of his allotted cash and bail.

Add this + the Vedral situation, I can see why Frost didn’t give a rats ass about him and UCF.

There’s always two sides to the story. I think it’s fair to be critical of his play calling and the staff made of drinking buddies, but people are reaching on this one.

Facts:
Other players were released
Still has time to release before he loses a year

Frost has more pressing issues.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT