ADVERTISEMENT

Fournette to the Bucs...

litespeedhuskerfan

Nebraska Legend
Aug 27, 2006
I did not really have an opinion one way or the other about how much success Brady would have in Tampa...but with Fournette being added to that roster i'm kind of excited to see em play now. In a perfect wotld New England would go 0-16 and Tampa 16-0 cause I really dislike Belicheck and think they took the GOAT for granted but obvioisly that isn't going to happen. I'll be happy if he just does great and the Pats stumble....Bring on some freaking football!!!

As a Bucs fan and having to suffer through some really down years watching my Bucs and huskers I’m actually thrilled that we Signed Fournette, that will take a lot of heat off of Brady, plus he doesn’t need a great line to get his yards... I have not been overly Optimistic, and really thought the the media was over hyping us getting Brady, just figured we’d play just good enough to take us out of the running for drafting Lawrence this year... I think with Fournette we might have earned ourselves a playoff spot, our secondary is still too suspect say we get far in the playoffs but they are young, so if there is growth back there then I can finally see the Bucs doing some damage this year... we have a solid offense, with probably the best overall receiving corps in the league, we have threats all over between WR and TE, and now have a RB that the opposing D will need to respect too, pick your poison, if the D can keep the opponent under 21 I like our chances

Reactions: saluno22
As a Bucs fan and having to suffer through some really down years watching my Bucs and huskers I’m actually thrilled that we Signed Fournette, that will take a lot of heat off of Brady, plus he doesn’t need a great line to get his yards... I have not been overly Optimistic, and really thought the the media was over hyping us getting Brady, just figured we’d play just good enough to take us out of the running for drafting Lawrence this year... I think with Fournette we might have earned ourselves a playoff spot, our secondary is still too suspect say we get far in the playoffs but they are young, so if there is growth back there then I can finally see the Bucs doing some damage this year... we have a solid offense, with probably the best overall receiving corps in the league, we have threats all over between WR and TE, and now have a RB that the opposing D will need to respect too, pick your poison, if the D can keep the opponent under 21 I like our chances

You guys got a lot better on paper from last year...hope it translates on the field...regardless, moving on from Winston is addiction by subtraction IMO.

Reactions: Clemke32
You guys got a lot better on paper from last year...hope it translates on the field...regardless, moving on from Winston is addiction by subtraction IMO.
I agree 100%... we definitely improved on paper and I’m hopeful it translates to the field...Winston was one of the most frustrating QBs to watch in recent memory, the kid has arm talent and he’d but together a game or two where you could see what he had, then he’d crap the bed and toss INTs like that was what he got paid to do, I’m not sure if he trusted his arm too much or if he just struggled reading pro Ds, but either way it was frustrating, that has always seemed to be the Tampa curse, we can not seem to draft a franchise QB... Even when we were winning we were never strong there we always had the D that carried us and had a game manager at QB...

I agree 100%... we definitely improved on paper and I’m hopeful it translates to the field...Winston was one of the most frustrating QBs to watch in recent memory, the kid has arm talent and he’d but together a game or two where you could see what he had, then he’d crap the bed and toss INTs like that was what he got paid to do, I’m not sure if he trusted his arm too much or if he just struggled reading pro Ds, but either way it was frustrating, that has always seemed to be the Tampa curse, we can not seem to draft a franchise QB... Even when we were winning we were never strong there we always had the D that carried us and had a game manager at QB...

I won $800 betting $880 I think?? betting on the Bucs to beat "The Greatest Show On Turf" back in the day and Shaun King was QB for the bucs. None other than Damon Benning who I worked out at the same gym with....and he knew his shit and was one of the few people who went on record saying the Bucs were the better team. He convinced me...I bet big and won big and if memory serves it came down to the end and I was so jacked over that for a few weeks.

Reactions: Clemke32
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT