ADVERTISEMENT

Four Star DE Ty Robinson...

More excuses for why it can't get done.

Never said “can’t”. Just realistic about where we are. Tough to convince a kid that can go anywhere and to come to a place he’s never been and play for a program that hasn’t made a bowl game in two years. Frost and co are doing a great job thus far IMO. Asking them to break into the top ten isn’t realistic at this point. That doesn’t mean it isn’t the expectation at some point. It’s just being honest about where this program is right now. Reality isn’t an excuse.

Never said “can’t”. Just realistic about where we are. Tough to convince a kid that can go anywhere and to come to a place he’s never been and play for a program that hasn’t made a bowl game in two years. Frost and co are doing a great job thus far IMO. Asking them to break into the top ten isn’t realistic at this point. That doesn’t mean it isn’t the expectation at some point. It’s just being honest about where this program is right now. Reality isn’t an excuse.

Never said anything about top ten. I'm talking about getting 4 star kids to commit. If you can get 4 your can get 8. If you get 8 you are on your way.

What you consider to be reality IS an excuse.

Reactions: TheBeav815
I'm with Tuco on this we have flipped the culture, but need to start recruiting some studs to win Championships.

Whiffing on Wandale and Ty is bad, if it happens, these are the guys we need to get back to greatness.

Reactions: TheBeav815
I'm with Tuco on this we have flipped the culture, but need to start recruiting some studs to win Championships.

Whiffing on Wandale and Ty is bad, if it happens, these are the guys we need to get back to greatness.

Whiffing? Even Saban doesn’t get all of his top choices, does that mean he whiffed on them? Of course we need studs - who has said anything different.

Whiffing? Even Saban doesn’t get all of his top choices, does that mean he whiffed on them? Of course we need studs - who has said anything different.

In fact he "whiffed" on Wandale too. The idea that not getting a player with 50+ offers, that chose to go to the school 30 min away is whiffing on them is beyond silly.

But overall, I agree that we need to recruit better if we expect to consistently compete with teams like OSU, Michigan and PSU. We don't have to recruit at their level (Top 10) but need to be in the ball park (Top 15-20).

Last edited:
In fact he "whiffed" on Wandale too. The idea that not getting a player with 50+ offers, that chose to go to the school 30 min away is whiffing on them is beyond silly.

But overall, I agree that we need to recruit better if we expect to consistently compete with teams like OSU, Michigan and PSU. We don't have to recruit at their level (Top 10) but need to be in the ball park (Top 15-20).

Jesus you guys are analyzing every word, my take is that we need guys like that.

The culture is back, the athletes need to get back to.

Tuco is right, I think he overestimates the number of guys we need, but at key positions like DE and ATH we need some studs asap. GBR

Never said anything about top ten. I'm talking about getting 4 star kids to commit. If you can get 4 your can get 8. If you get 8 you are on your way.

What you consider to be reality IS an excuse.

Meh. 8 4 stars a cycle?

I'd take 5 and development of 3 stars, I think that's more realistic, until we start winning more ballgames.

Meh. 8 4 stars a cycle?

I'd take 5 and development of 3 stars, I think that's more realistic, until we start winning more ballgames.

Wait, that sounds like an excuse, I thought you agreed with Tuco? No excuses, play like a champion.

ktkwe.jpg

Frost all but admitted that he has no grand designs on making sure he has a Top 10 class every year. He thinks he can win with less than that was the general tone. He had another article where he felt the teams in that general ballpark we're having to do things he wasn't going to do up to and including cheating.

Frost will no doubt try and get the best talent he can to Lincoln but I seriously doubt he's poo pooing his future because he likely won't compete with saban and dabo on the trail nor do I think he accepts the title of "excuse maker in chief"

Just a guess here, but I would imagine Saban sets his sights a bit higher. He is offering 4's and 5's and gets turned down is not the same as our offers.

Just a guess here, but I would imagine Saban sets his sights a bit higher. He is offering 4's and 5's and gets turned down is not the same as our offers.
He recruits very well, but it’s not like he isn’t after many of the same kids. They hosted Wandale Robinson who picked UK, hosted Ty Robinson who just might pick Nebraska. Everyone misses, that’s recruiting.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lincoln100
Frost can replace Wandale, everyone will buy into HCFB. Drunk and feeling great this Friday evening. HCSF OC

Chin?

Meh. 8 4 stars a cycle?

And if you only get 5, you won’t win the games you need to. The problem with “development” is that the teams you are competing against recruit better athletes AND develop them.

My developed 4 star beats your developed 3 star almost every time. As I’ve said a million times, there is a reason Ohio St, Penn St and Michigan, the teams with the 4 and 5 stars, beat the teams from the west, the teams that develop, much more often than not.

I am sitting at NRG stadium in Houston watching North Shore play Katy. There are probably six current 4 and 5 star players in this game and another 4 or 5 that will be before it’s done. There is just a huge difference between the average player and the great player.

I would venture to say there are 15-17 guys in this game that will play P5 football.

I am sitting at NRG stadium in Houston watching North Shore play Katy. There are probably six current 4 and 5 star players in this game and another 4 or 5 that will be before it’s done. There is just a huge difference between the average player and the great player.

I would venture to say there are 15-17 guys in this game that will play P5 football.
It is your duty now as a Husker fan to recruit those players, we’re all counting on you!

Reactions: WHCSC
It is your duty now as a Husker fan to recruit those players, we’re all counting on you!

Shoot brother. The North Shore QB Damatrius Davis is a soph, the RB Zach Evans is a Jr and probably the top RB in Texas in that class. They have a soph WR Shadrach Banks that probably has 200 yards receiving in the first half of this game. That doesn’t even include JR Dameion George at OT, who is 6-7 330 and agile and a couple of defensive players that are committed to Texas Tech or the half dozen Katy players that will be playing on Saturdays.

I wish I could get them all to Lincoln. We would win some games.

Shoot brother. The North Shore QB Damatrius Davis is a soph, the RB Zach Evans is a Jr and probably the top RB in Texas in that class. They have a soph WR Shadrach Banks that probably has 200 yards receiving in the first half of this game. That doesn’t even include JR Dameion George at OT, who is 6-7 330 and agile and a couple of defensive players that are committed to Texas Tech or the half dozen Katy players that will be playing on Saturdays.

I wish I could get them all to Lincoln. We would win some games.
That would be a nice haul, even getting a few of them in the coming years would be a bonus.

Meh. 8 4 stars a cycle?

We need to recruit better than we have during the last two coaches but not necessarily as well as cally....but we need to break into the top 20 every year...12-15 should be expected. The issue is depth...recruiting better means the guy behind is nearly as talented as the starter..if there are injuries or attitude issues you do not lose a beat with the backup...plus competition is much better with more talent. The beginning of the end with Bo was in 2011-2012..not surprisingly the time when the cally classes were completely out of the program. I still remember we had a pretty stacked team, at least with starters, but Bo kept complaining that he couldn't get the 2nd and 3rd string up to par. That was the year where he couldn't replace guys, even if they weren't playing hard or were making mistakes. From then on we never had another team that seriously competed for a bcs bowl.

Reactions: CatColumbia
ADVERTISEMENT