ADVERTISEMENT

Four Star DE Ty Robinson...

0004.gif

Alabama’s last 5 recruiting classes are 26, 25, 24, 29, and 20.

I took your advice and did some research. You should follow your own advice.
He's toned it down quite a bit, go look at his classes before

There is a zero % chance Nick Saban gives the slightest f about keeping a player from Nebraska.

I have read ridiculous stuff up here but that notion tops it all. Beyond the bigfoot existence threads.

You might be able to convince me he would take a kid to keep him from going to Georgia or Auburn, but even then, we are at an 85 schollie limit.

Like every other coach, he's recruiting the best athletes to fill his teams needs.

My bad, dude, for not actually looking it up. Forgot we played them in 96. Good on you.

Laughing out loud that you chastise me about getting the wrong year while you quote a year we didn’t play them in!!!! Karma sucks doesn’t it?

The fact remains, no matter how loudly you proclaim otherwise, coaches recruit players for their team. Period. They don’t recruit other teams’ players just to spite them. This isn’t the 70s when there were unlimited scholarships. There is a finite number. Coaches that don’t recruit to theirs needs don’t stay coaches much longer.

If they can steal a player at a position of need from another school, they will. But to recruit a player that they don’t want just to spite another team?

If it sounds stupid, it’s because it is. You recruit your needs. If you are too worried about what other teams are recruiting, especially out of conference, you will not succeed.
I corrected it right after I posted it as it dawned on me we didn't play in 97

There is a zero % chance Nick Saban gives the slightest f about keeping a player from Nebraska.

I have read ridiculous stuff up here but that notion tops it all. Beyond the bigfoot existence threads.

Like every other coach, he's recruiting the best athletes to fill his teams needs.
He needs 7 DE's as he already has 6 committed to this class alone?

He's toned it down quite a bit, go look at his classes before
You didn’t claim he toned it down. You said he recruits like a biotch bringing in 30-35 every year.

The last five he averaged 25. Admit it. He isn’t taking as high of numbers as you thought, which means he can’t just throw around offers to steal recruits away from out of conference teams.

You didn’t claim he toned it down. You said he recruits like a biotch bringing in 30-35 every year.

The last five he averaged 25. Admit it. He isn’t taking as high of numbers as you thought, which means he can’t just throw around offers to steal recruits away from out of conference teams.
He had before, look before his last 5 classes as the entire SEC has always been notorious for over signing

We replaced MSU with Washington in 97
You still didn’t do your research like you chided me for not doing.

If you would have looked it up before posting, you wouldn’t have included 97 in your initial post.

Am I being petty? You bet. But if you’re gonna jump on someone for not doing their research, you better expect the same in return.

He had before, look before his last 5 classes as the entire SEC has always been notorious for over signing
Big deal!!!! The last 5 years have been an average of 25!!! Do you still think he is stealing away a player from Scott Frost because of a lopsided score 22 years ago? Or because Scott Frost did something he didn’t do?

You still didn’t do your research like you chided me for not doing.

If you would have looked it up before posting, you wouldn’t have included 97 in your initial post.

Am I being petty? You bet. But if you’re gonna jump on someone for not doing their research, you better expect the same in return.
Hey difference is, I knew we played after 95 and you didn't period, now I'm being petty.

Big deal!!!! The last 5 years have been an average of 25!!! Do you still think he is stealing away a player from Scott Frost because of a lopsided score 22 years ago? Or because Scott Frost did something he didn’t do?
My post earlier had nothing whatsoever to do with recruiting. That post was completely spot on about Frost.

My post earlier had nothing whatsoever to do with recruiting. That post was completely spot on about Frost.
What is spot on? Saban is recruiting Robinson to spite Frost? That was my interpretation of your post. Did I misinterpret it?

I know that Frost handed Saban his worst loss as a coach. I know that Frost went undefeated in his second year, something that Saban didn’t do. I get it. But I don’t believe Saban is recruiting Robinson because of this.

That’s my point.

Edit: and I am combining multiple posts from you by the way. You have clearly stated that Saban and Dabo do this stuff routinely. The inference is Saban is doing it to Frost now. Did you not intend this?

What is spot on? Saban is recruiting Robinson to spite Frost? That was my interpretation of your post. Did I misinterpret it?

I know that Frost handed Saban his worst loss as a coach. I know that Frost went undefeated in his second year, something that Saban didn’t do. I get it. But I don’t believe Saban is recruiting Robinson because of this.

That’s my point.

Edit: and I am combining multiple posts from you by the way. You have clearly stated that Saban and Dabo do this stuff routinely. The inference is Saban is doing it to Frost now. Did you not intend this?
My post had nothing to do with recruiting, it had all to do with if Saban is watching Frost from afar, when people have said he isn't as Frost down the road may very well become a very real and legitimate threat to Saban's national dominance once we have all of the pieces in place and that is fact. Both of the worst losses Saban has taken in his career came at the hands of us

Last edited:
What Saban and Dabo are notorious for is taking top prized recruits that other schools want and need that don't recruit at as high of level as Bama, Georgia or Clemson whether they need them or not just to keep them from other the lower schools, which is probably a smart but DB move to keep the lower programs from getting talent to make them competitive keeping them form being able to compete with the likes of Saban and others on the field, always giving them the upper hand. So it wouldn't surprise me one bit if Nick put the full court press on Robinson to keep him away from us he see's us as a very real threat to him down the road because of Frost.
Dude, he does this to a lot of programs. Alabama came in late to the game and still got him to take an official. Maybe if you'd do some research instead of thinking you're such a know it all you might learn something. Then again, learning may be way beyond you're comprehension which me thinks is most likely the correct answer! LMAO!!
Right now Bama currently has 6 DE commits and doesn't really have room for any more and Saban is the type to put the full court press on a player just to keep anyone else from getting their prized recruit as he does it all the time whether he has room for them or not. He cherry pick's first and foremost as Alabama is a winner and get's any player he wants. Saban is also notorious for over signing every year and goes after teams prized recruits whether he has room for that player or not after the cherry picking has already been done and after his class has already been completely filled out. Yes he does that and it's a pretty DB move but smart. All part of his recruiting game to keep all others at a distance after he get's everyone he wants.
So help me understand these posts. They have something to do with recruiting, correct?

You might be able to convince me he would take a kid to keep him from going to Georgia or Auburn, but even then, we are at an 85 schollie limit.

Next thing you know Saban will be the greatest threat to our existence next to weather that doesn't simulate life in a dome

What Saban and Dabo are notorious for is taking top prized recruits that other schools want and need that don't recruit at as high of level as Bama, Georgia or Clemson whether they need them or not just to keep them from other the lower schools, which is probably a smart but DB move to keep the lower programs from getting talent to make them competitive keeping them form being able to compete with the likes of Saban and others on the field, always giving them the upper hand. So it wouldn't surprise me one bit if Nick put the full court press on Robinson to keep him away from us he see's us as a very real threat to him down the road because of Frost.

Really? The top program in the nation recruits not to win but to prevent others from doing so? IF you ever had an ounce of credibility, it is long gone now.

Reactions: yunginsNU2
So help me understand these posts. They have something to do with recruiting, correct?
This post

This is like 95 Nebraska recruiting a kid hard because Iowa state wants him...it makes no sense. Of course, Saban may go extra hard at a kid that is looking at Georgia and Auburn...but I am sure he doesn't even know our record.
Oh I guarantee he's paying attention, just like Dabo and Urban and other big name coaches, especially Saban. and I'll tell you why, he was paying attention to Frost before he even got here as it's kind of hard to overlook a coach that not only makes a clean sweep of every national head coach of the year award but a coach that did something no other coach in history has ever done not even Saban himself, which was take a winless team and turn it around into an undefeated team in only 2 years all in just his very first HC stint as well as beating Bama's rival in a bowl game that wasn't as close as the score indicated when Bama and Georgia couldn't beat them last year . Another reason NS is paying attention, is after Frost accepted the job here, he called Saban out before he got to DONU and If you remember correctly as well, Frost and NU handed Nick Saban the worst loss he's taken to anyone in his coaching tenure, and he remembers. When it comes to Frost with Saban, it isn't about what he does in his conference which he's always gonna take care of, but down the road the possibility of SF threatening his dominance on the national stage. So don't think for one minute that he isn't paying attention to some extent our to record and progress from afar. We aren't a threat now, but we legitimately could be a very real threat down the road as Saban's history with anything Nebraska has not been very good to him. This is the way I see it..

This post

Oh I guarantee he's paying attention, just like Dabo and Urban and other big name coaches, especially Saban. and I'll tell you why, he was paying attention to Frost before he even got here as it's kind of hard to overlook a coach that not only makes a clean sweep of every national head coach of the year award but a coach that did something no other coach in history has ever done not even Saban himself, which was take a winless team and turn it around into an undefeated team in only 2 years all in just his very first HC stint as well as beating Bama's rival in a bowl game that wasn't as close as the score indicated when Bama and Georgia couldn't beat them last year . Another reason NS is paying attention, is after Frost accepted the job here, he called Saban out before he got to DONU and If you remember correctly as well, Frost and NU handed Nick Saban the worst loss he's taken to anyone in his coaching tenure, and he remembers. When it comes to Frost with Saban, it isn't about what he does in his conference which he's always gonna take care of, but down the road the possibility of SF threatening his dominance on the national stage. So don't think for one minute that he isn't paying attention to some extent our to record and progress from afar. We aren't a threat now, but we legitimately could be a very real threat down the road as Saban's history with anything Nebraska has not been very good to him. This is the way I see it..
I already read that. That doesn’t answer the question at all. You posted a ton in this thread, chastised many for not doing their research, made it abundantly clear that Saban and Dabo recruit players to hurt other teams.

If you are backtracking on those many posts, then just say so. Quoting a more recent post of yours doesn’t negate the 10 previous posts you posted telling us Saban is recruiting Robinson to get a player away from Frost, not because he needs him.

Robinson is a talented player that is going to be an option for any team. Teams like Bama stockpile top talent and it hurts the teams trying to get players like him.

Sagan takes his top wants and then fills in the rest. Players leave early at Bama, as fans hope happens soon enough here at Nebraska. Early leaving allows for bigger classes to be signed each year.

Hope Robinson sees the playing time and development that is possible and going to happen with Nebraska and picks the team.

Nebraska can begin to stockpile talent once the team can get full classes of 22-25 a year with rankings inside the top 15-20 overall. Robinson, Bell and a few other of the potentials left will speed up that process.

Reactions: headcard
Robinson is a talented player that is going to be an option for any team. Teams like Bama stockpile top talent and it hurts the teams trying to get players like him.

Sagan takes his top wants and then fills in the rest. Players leave early at Bama, as fans hope happens soon enough here at Nebraska. Early leaving allows for bigger classes to be signed each year.

Hope Robinson sees the playing time and development that is possible and going to happen with Nebraska and picks the team.

Nebraska can begin to stockpile talent once the team can get full classes of 22-25 a year with rankings inside the top 15-20 overall. Robinson, Bell and a few other of the potentials left will speed up that process.
IMO, Robinson doesn't have a commitable offer and is a backup plan for Saban.

Reactions: TFrazier
Dingle, that would be my guess in Robinson. I am hopeful this post season is as fruitful for the team as last year in how well they closed on great recruits.

Hoping the team can get inside the top 20 for average stars/average ranking etc. I look at the rivals site as well as a few of the others and we need to get inside the top 20 on averages with most schollys getting used as possible.

not going to happen

giphy.gif
What isn't gonna happen? What I said about Frost? If you don't believe one bit that Frost can possibly get us to being a threat on the national stage down the road, then you are nothing more than poser fan garbage in this fanbase! Yes I said that!, but if that isn't wasn't what you were referring too, my apologies.

What isn't gonna happen? What I said about Frost? If you don't believe one bit that Frost can possibly get us to being a threat on the national stage down the road, then you are nothing more than poser fan garbage in this fanbase! Yes I said that!, but if that isn't wasn't what you were referring too, my apologies.

What isn’t going to happen is you giving up on this ridiculous notion of yours that Frost is in Saban’s head

Reactions: yunginsNU2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT