ADVERTISEMENT

Four Star DE Ty Robinson...

What Saban and Dabo are notorious for is taking top prized recruits that other schools want and need that don't recruit at as high of level as Bama, Georgia or Clemson whether they need them or not just to keep them from other the lower schools, which is probably a smart but DB move to keep the lower programs from getting talent to make them competitive keeping them form being able to compete with the likes of Saban and others on the field, always giving them the upper hand. So it wouldn't surprise me one bit if Nick put the full court press on Robinson to keep him away from us he see's us as a very real threat to him down the road because of Frost.

What Saban and Dabo are notorious for is taking top prized recruits that other schools want and need that don't recruit at as high of level as Bama, Georgia or Clemson whether they need them or not just to keep them from other the lower schools, which is probably a smart but DB move to keep the lower programs from getting talent to make them competitive keeping them form being able to compete with the likes of Saban and others on the field, always giving them the upper hand. So it wouldn't surprise me one bit if Nick put the full court press on Robinson to keep him away from us.

You really think Nick Saban is staying up late at night figuring out how he can keep recruits from going to Nebraska???

You really think Nick Saban is staying up late at night figuring out how he can keep recruits from going to Nebraska???
Dude, he does this to a lot of programs. Alabama came in late to the game and still got him to take an official. Maybe if you'd do some research instead of thinking you're such a know it all you might learn something. Then again, learning may be way beyond you're comprehension which me thinks is most likely the correct answer! LMAO!!

What Saban and Dabo are notorious for is taking top prized recruits that other schools want and need that don't recruit at as high of level as Bama, Georgia or Clemson whether they need them or not just to keep them from other the lower schools, which is probably a smart but DB move to keep the lower programs from getting talent to make them competitive keeping them form being able to compete with the likes of Saban and others on the field, always giving them the upper hand. So it wouldn't surprise me one bit if Nick put the full court press on Robinson to keep him away from us he see's us as a very real threat to him down the road because of Frost.

I really don’t see Saban thinking of Nebraska as a threat right now. We’re not a conference foe and we have to most likely win our conference to see them in any bowl. We’ve got to win our division first..

I really don’t see Saban thinking of Nebraska as a threat right now. We’re not a conference foe and we have to most likely win our conference to see them in any bowl. We’ve got to win our division first..
Take away what I said about us and look at the body of the post, I used us to a point that he may have to face us one day. But the body of my post is my point as that is what he does.

Take away what I said about us and look at the body of the post, I used us to a point that he may have to face us one day. But the body of my post is my point as that is what he does.

Bama is in a position to cherry pick. I understand what you’re saying but their recruiting worries are centered in the south against teams they have to deal with on a regular basis.

Repeat this to yourself, research is my friend, research is my friend! LOL
He just doesn’t need to get on players early, he has the time to wait on most players when he wins constantly.

You can research all you want about him sniping recruits, it’s only because he knows when Alabama calls, people listen.

What he does is fill his roster with the best athletes he can attract. Just like every single other coach and program.

Reactions: cubsker
Right now Bama currently has 6 DE commits and doesn't really have room for any more and Saban is the type to put the full court press on a player just to keep anyone else from getting their prized recruit as he does it all the time whether he has room for them or not. He cherry pick's first and foremost as Alabama is a winner and get's any player he wants. Saban is also notorious for over signing every year and goes after teams prized recruits whether he has room for that player or not after the cherry picking has already been done and after his class has already been completely filled out. Yes he does that and it's a pretty DB move but smart. All part of his recruiting game to keep all others at a distance after he get's everyone he wants.

Last edited:
Yes. See earlier posts. Bama drilled Auburn and Saban is personally recruiting him. But Hope is family ties to Nebraska and early playing time wins out. N!

I would think that if we wants to play immediately he would be concedering us very high, which he is..

I’m also referring to USC.
Helton's seat is pretty white hot and if he loses tonight, there's better than a 70% chance he's gone. If Clay is fired, I'd love to see Frost go after some of their WR's

I’m not sure Franklin would go. USC also seems to chase the pro style guys.
Would love to see Frost go after some of their WR's after Clay is gone as Martinez would be an easy sell to them, and chances are guys like St. Brown already know who AM is as they are Cali guys and may know him personally from competing against him or camps. Amon Ra is only a Freshman and a former top 5 recruit in last years cycle and would gain immediate eligibility due to his coach being fired

Last edited:
This is completely insane but at the DE position alone here is Alabama’s last two classes:

4 (2018)

44 (2019)

65 (2019)

74 (2018)

87 (2019)

106 (2019)

108 (2018)

122 (2019)

131 (2018)

Ty Robinson is ranked 197 on 247 and yet if we get him this board will freak out. And yet Alabama has 8 more highly ranked players at that position in the last two cycles. The recruiting machine that Saban has built is completely stupifying.

I doubt Nick is worried about Frost. Dabo or Smart maybe? Sure but not Frost. At least not yet anyways.

Holla

Would love to see Frost go after some of their WR's after Clay is gone as Martinez would be an easy sell to them, and chances are guys like St. Brown already know who AM is as they are Cali guys and may know him personally from competing against him or camps. Amon Ra is only a Freshman and a former top 5 recruit in last years cycle and would gain immediate eligibility due to his coach being fired

Helton retained at USC.

This is like 95 Nebraska recruiting a kid hard because Iowa state wants him...it makes no sense. Of course, Saban may go extra hard at a kid that is looking at Georgia and Auburn...but I am sure he doesn't even know our record.
Oh I guarantee he's paying attention, just like Dabo and Urban and other big name coaches, especially Saban. and I'll tell you why, he was paying attention to Frost before he even got here as it's kind of hard to overlook a coach that not only makes a clean sweep of every national head coach of the year award but a coach that did something no other coach in history has ever done not even Saban himself, which was take a winless team and turn it around into an undefeated team in only 2 years all in just his very first HC stint as well as beating Bama's rival in a bowl game that wasn't as close as the score indicated when Bama and Georgia couldn't beat them last year . Another reason NS is paying attention, is after Frost accepted the job here, he called Saban out before he got to DONU and If you remember correctly as well, Frost and NU handed Nick Saban the worst loss he's taken to anyone in his coaching tenure, and he remembers. When it comes to Frost with Saban, it isn't about what he does in his conference which he's always gonna take care of, but down the road the possibility of SF threatening his dominance on the national stage. So don't think for one minute that he isn't paying attention to some extent our to record and progress from afar. We aren't a threat now, but we legitimately could be a very real threat down the road as Saban's history with anything Nebraska has not been very good to him. This is the way I see it..

Last edited:
Oh I guarantee he's paying attention, just like Dabo and Urban and other big name coaches, especially Saban. and I'll tell you why, he's paying attention to Frost before he even got here as it's kind of hard to overlook a coach that not only makes a clean sweep of every national head coach of the year award but a coach that did something no other coach in history has ever done not even Saban himself, which was take a winless team and turn it around into an undefeated team in only 2 years all in just his very first HC stint as well as beating Bama's rival in a bowl game that wasn't as close as the score indicated when Bama and Georgia couldn't beat them last year . Another reason NS is paying attention, is after Frost accepted the job here, he called Saban out before he got DONU. If you remember correctly as well, Frost and NU handed Nick Saban the worst loss he's taken to anyone in his coaching tenure, and he remembers. When it comes to Frost with Saban, it isn't about what he does in his conference which he's always gonna take care, but down the road the possibility of SF threatening his dominance on the national stage. So don't think for one minute that he isn't paying attention to some extent our record and progress. We aren't a threat now, but we legitimately could be down the road as Saban's history with anything Nebraska has not been very good to him. This is the way I see it..
In the day of limited scholarships, coaches don’t save a handful of scholarships each year just to steal a player from a rival. You go after the players that make you the best. If the player is sought after by other conference opponents, you are stealing one away from them. But I highly doubt a coach will take a player that they may not want simply because it hurts their opponent.

Just my opinion, but I just don’t see it the same way as you I guess.

Edit: and Frost was not QB in 95 when Saban was destroyed while at Michigan State. It was Frazier.

Reactions: TFrazier
In the day of limited scholarships, coaches don’t save a handful of scholarships each year just to steal a player from a rival. You go after the players that make you the best. If the player is sought after by other conference opponents, you are stealing one away from them. But I highly doubt a coach will take a player that they may not want simply because it hurts their opponent.

Just my opinion, but I just don’t see it the same way as you I guess.

Edit: and Frost was not QB in 95 when Saban was destroyed while at Michigan State. It was Frazier.
Dude, we beat them worse in 96 than in 95. Maybe go back and learn before you post!

I think we often think Myer or Saban goes after a guy like Robinson, or JBB like Myer did last year, when they don’t “need” them to hurt us. But in reality, they recruit so well across the board, they can just wait and go after best available type guys toward the end of the cycle. So even though Bama doesn’t need another DE, they will go after Ty because he is good and they don’t have any other, more pressing needs.

Huge priority for the Huskers.... USC seems to be in the lead but if they fire Helton, that could change quickly....
USC alumni friend said, "you can take that to the bank, and he further said, USC is prepared to bring in the highest paid college football coach"

I think we often think Myer or Saban goes after a guy like Robinson, or JBB like Myer did last year, when they don’t “need” them to hurt us. But in reality, they recruit so well across the board, they can just wait and go after best available type guys toward the end of the cycle. So even though Bama doesn’t need another DE, they will go after Ty because he is good and they don’t have any other, more pressing needs.
Well Saban currently has 6 DE commits in this recruiting class alone and Ty is a DE

Exactly my point.
His classes every year are between 30-35 as he he over signs like a biotch as the main body of his classes are his cherry picks, however on the back side, the over sign's are those he plays keep away with from other schools. Let's put it this way, Saban pretty much know's he owns the SEC, but on the national stage, if that one recruit is what is keeping them from going from good to great and becomes a threat to his national dominance then yes he's gonna play keep away and why? because he can get any recruit he wants.

Last edited:
Dude, we beat them worse in 96 than in 95. Maybe go back and learn before you post!
My bad, dude, for not actually looking it up. Forgot we played them in 96. Good on you.

Laughing out loud that you chastise me about getting the wrong year while you quote a year we didn’t play them in!!!! Karma sucks doesn’t it?

The fact remains, no matter how loudly you proclaim otherwise, coaches recruit players for their team. Period. They don’t recruit other teams’ players just to spite them. This isn’t the 70s when there were unlimited scholarships. There is a finite number. Coaches that don’t recruit to theirs needs don’t stay coaches much longer.

If they can steal a player at a position of need from another school, they will. But to recruit a player that they don’t want just to spite another team?

If it sounds stupid, it’s because it is. You recruit your needs. If you are too worried about what other teams are recruiting, especially out of conference, you will not succeed.

His classes every year are between 30-35 as he he over signs like a biotch as the main body of his classes are his cherry picks, however on the back side, the over sign's are those he plays keep away with from other schools.
Alabama’s last 5 recruiting classes are 26, 25, 24, 29, and 20.

I took your advice and did some research. You should follow your own advice.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT