ADVERTISEMENT

Four Star DE Ty Robinson...

HuskerBorn

Junior
Oct 23, 2009
There has been very little said about his visit this weekend? He is one of the top priorities for this class. Any word on him?

What is his family connection to Nebraska? He sounded like a lock to commit early to us but USC sounds like they have his interest lately. GBR!

Think he was scheduled to get home late last night. The articles should start coming out today and tomorrow about his updates

I'm not sure if it's true, but I heard that his grandpa lives in O'neill.

Also, he didn't leave until this morning so we probably won't hear much until later today.

Reactions: huskerfan66
I believe his parents grew up in Nebraska. His Dad and uncles played basketball at Chadron State.

His visit is concluding today, so that's why there hasn't been any news yet.
Oh wow, unfortunately his dad may have passed away a few years ago. didnt make the connection until your post.

I'm not sure if it's true, but I heard that his grandpa lives in O'neill.

Also, he didn't leave until this morning so we probably won't hear much until later today.

His mom was born and raised in O'Neill and then attended Chadron State where she met his dad, a Basketball player.

His Mother is now a very successful Veterinarian in the Phoenix area, and a huge Husker fan. He does still have family in O'Neill.

What happened to Lloyd Summerall? He was here too. 4 star recruit out of Florida

Huge priority for the Huskers.... USC seems to be in the lead but if they fire Helton, that could change quickly....

I would think he would be more interested who USC hires as their next Head Coach..

Helton will be fired on Sunday after ND beats them .

Reactions: TheNewNU
What happened to Lloyd Summerall? He was here too. 4 star recruit out of Florida

Very unlikely he leaves the state of Florida. Miami is the clear favorite for him. Maybe we can send Gabrielle Union in for an in-home visit? She lives down there in Florida.

Summerall would be great, but the fact we were his first visit and he has plenty of interest from local schools makes me wonder.

He just had a nice tweet from trip the Clouse posted, Summerall that is

Ty's OV didn't end until today since he wasn't in until Saturday. Went very well, heading to the Iron Bowl this weekend.

I'm more worried about Alabama than USC here....Saban is personally recruiting him. Hard to say "no" to playing defense for Saban. This would probably be the biggest recruiting win for Frost in this class.
I know, I know. Great athletes don't worry about competition at their positions, but for dog's sake, Alabama already has three four-star and one three-star 2019 DE commitments. In 2018, they signed one five-star and three four-star DE commitments. In 2017, it was one five-star and two four-stars.

That would be close to top 10 class IMO. There is serious mo happening right now. A win Friday on national tv will just ramp it up, a loss won't kill it.

Reactions: huskerfan66
I believe his parents grew up in Nebraska. His Dad and uncles played basketball at Chadron State.

His visit is concluding today, so that's why there hasn't been any news yet.
Oh boy...if he is related to Josh and Jeremy, he will have plenty of athleticism. I had the treat of seeing that up close at CSC.

His arms look like tree trunks. He's definitely the #1 target we have left.
He loved his visit vs. MSU. Lets hope his Alabama visit this weekend is not as good and he is N. He is a very humble kid from what I have seen and would seem to connect more with Frost and staff than Sabin. GBR!!

I think he is Jason son, so they would be an uncle.
Yep- ironically, I was just doing some Robinson research the other day, to see where Dad and uncles landed. I played bball with Josh, and was just curious. I then read of the tragic cancer death (Jason). So sad. Super athletic family. Was posterized by Josh on scrimmage day 1.:(

ADVERTISEMENT