ADVERTISEMENT

Forum members accumulative totals for new HC postings

itseasyas1-2-3

Recruiting Coordinator
Sep 6, 2021
Thank you to everyone who chose to offer a choice for the next HC of the Huskers. I'll try to make this as short as possible.

There were 26 different coaches named. 10 drew the most support, and 16 didn't get named as HC, but that coach did have a comment(s) posted about them.

Without using a scoring system, this is what it looks like according to the overall room:
(I'm just gonna call these "votes" even though they are choices.)

The quandary I had was when a few posters listed from 3 to 8 suitable hires. In those cases, I simply used the first 2 names as they appeared in each list because I don't think any of them were in alphabetical order and I assumed those first 2 names were the first two that came to mind of the voter. It likely swayed the overall total, but I used the same rationale on all such lists.
**(These totals will be updated whenever a coach receives a "vote").**

Kiffin: 10 top votes, 7 votes as 2nd choice. There was 1 vote against hiring Lane.

Urban: 10 top votes and Meyer had 1 vote for 2nd choice.

Freeze: 4 top votes, and 5 votes as 2nd choice. There was 1 vote against Freeze.
** My personal comment: (Meyer and Freeze's past indiscretions played no part in many guys preferring them to lead the program. It's about winning).

O'Brien: 3 top votes, and 10 who would accept him if their first choice were not chosen. There were 3 "NO' or "Hell No to O'Brien" votes.

Aranda: 3 top votes, and 4 votes as 2nd choice. One poster would take Aranda if he brought along his DC and OC assistants.

Mickey: 4 top votes, and 3 votes in 2nd place. Some would take a different coach, but if not chosen they would support Mickey.
**Poster's cited main reason is lack of HC experience. One mentioned not qualified for the NU job. It will take more than beating powerhouses Rutgers and Indiana.

After the top 6 coaches were mentioned, there was a handful that received votes.

Fickell didn't get top votes but had 6 votes as 2nd choice. One poster said he would take Luke if his first choice was not chosen.

The following ALL received 1 vote as the top choices of the posters:

(** Updated: Leipold now 3 top votes, and Ruhle now 2 top votes**).

Whittingham
Ortegon
Cotton
Vance Joseph
(As HC and DC)
Ruhle (** Now has 2 top votes**) (plus as 2nd choice)
Leipold (** Updated)
had 3 top votes, 3 votes as 2nd choice, and 1 negative comment regarding his ability to recruit.

A few coaches had 0 top votes but had secondary support if the poster's top choice was not chosen.

Mullen
Clawson
Grimes
Peterson
Dykes

Several coaches received 0 top votes, but many of them had a comment(s) from the guys.

Klieman had 0 top votes but had 2 votes as an acceptable coach if the poster's 1st choice was not chosen. One comment said "NO" to Klieman.

Chadwell had 0 top votes, and 1 vote as an acceptable alternative. He had 1 vote where the voter did not want Chadwell.

This group had 0 top votes, but all elicited negative comments from posters.

Prime: NO
Fleck: NO
Campbell: 2 negative comments
Leach: 2 negative comments
Doeren: 3 negative comments were the most negative comments among the entire group of coaches.

I didn't take a lot of time to put this together, so it's possible I made some mistakes. In the next day or so, I will add some additional
comments that posters are made on some of the coaches.

I tried to make sure I'm not upgrading or downgrading any coach(s) that was named.

Lastly, I'm sure I will make corrections as the day goes on in an effort to display as accurately of a picture as can be.

Last edited:
despite all the bristling when the need of having P5 coordinator or previous high level D1 head coaching experience is brought up

this list and almost every other list is comprised almost entirely of candidates with one or both of those boxes checked

You have a s*** ton of free time.
dru, I've been retired for almost a decade.

Even though I mess around on this forum, I also know a lot of guys are working to support their families and if I can post something that a few people get something out of, it works for me.

Was gonna play around in the garage today, but too cold for this old man.

Keep fighting the good fight, you'll be there one day.

I doubt Trev will hire a 77-year-old HC.

My unwritten cut-off was 76 years old.
Give me your real coaching choice and I'll be glad to add it with your comments.

(P.S. I remember when you threw out a horse on this forum that was a real runner. I don't recall his name, but I know he was about 50 years old or so). LOL

Since I played horses for about 55 years, I don't know every horse there was, but that one didn't ring a bell. It would have been a nice gag had I fallen for it, but the ole red flag went up on Charlie Marlowe.)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT