ADVERTISEMENT

Former Husker Legrone...

Wow, this surprised me - but I guess it shouldn't. You never know what juries are going to do.
Didn't surprise me at all. Seemed like a BS case from the beginning. I didn't say anything on here about it because I didn't want to debate anyone. Everyone on here was saying he was scum (because that's just the easy thing to do). I didn't see it that way at all hearing the story. She is scum.

I asked earlier in this thread, what would happen now and here is my opinion on it. First, did they have scholarships removed? If so, I would reinstate them if they want back on the team. I believe the right decision was made at the time based on no one knew exactly what had happened, just like an employee, they are suspended with pay until the facts are known. But now, how can they justify turning these guys away after they have been declared not guilty. I think they should be given the opportunity to come back and work their way back into football. But I have been accused of being a hard butt in the past but this is what I would do in this case. You?

I have ZERO personal knowledge of details about what actually happened. I obviously was not there so I have to trust the justice system got it right. They don't always get it right I know but it's the only thing we got.

Reactions: timnsun
A jury, probably consisting of 75% or more white people found 2 young black men who are athletes "not guilty" of raping a young co-ed........QUICKLY no deadlock no long deliberations or questions for the judge!

This suggests to me that the evidence in this case was SO WEAK that there should have never been charges in the first place! Thank goodness they didn't have the illustrious members of this board on the jury tho. I remember all the comments from so you on here ASSUMING guilt and all kinds of other vile comments about the 2......WE KNOW WHO YOU ARE but WE KNOW you won't apologize!

Now only If the University of Nebraska could reinstate them as fast would this story have a better outcome....
What an awful post

Reactions: buckknowsall
Just to be clear, both were not tried and both were not found guilty. Only LeGrone was tried. Hunt took a plea bargain. So, Hunt was found guilty of accessory to attempted false imprisonment and giving false information (both misdemeanors), according to the article I read. He then testified against LeGrone at trial (although I have no idea what he said on the stand). Notwithstanding even whatever testimony Hunt added, LeGrone was quickly found not guilty. Of course, under American criminal law, the jury has to find him guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. Even a determination that most likely he knew he didn't have consent isn't enough.

It is pretty easy for me to see that based on what has been stated about the circumstances, most reasonable people would have a hard time putting away the young man for probably 20-30 years on what could easily have been understood by him to have been consensual (moral repugnancy aside). Nebraska does not have an "only a verbal yes means yes" standard in sexual assault. Regardless of what you may feel the standard should be, if she didn't voice any objection, then how would he know?

University has no obligation to let them back on the team, restore their scholarships or even let them back into school. The standard for that is much lower. If the school finds its likely they did assault her, then it can keep them out. Creighton still refuses to allow Mo Watson to finish up his degree even though his accuser ultimately admitted to lying in connection with her accusations against him, causing the charges to be dropped by a prosecutor who was initially hellbent on trying him come hell or high water - not even making it to trial.

Typical liberal snowflake approach these days.

When you can't argue and discuss FACTS you get into name calling and public shaming which is the ONLY thing they have.

Next up.....
Yeah, "liberal snowflake," that's me. Your FACTS aren't FACTS, you guess, and apparently think all white folk are racist. It's like you are narrating To Kill a Mockingbird.

Except that isn’t what happened. She was having sex with one of them and the other decided to join in. She didn’t invite him or chase his never worn jersey. The reason he was acquitted was because she didn’t verbally say no, so for some reason, in Nebraska, not saying no is the same as saying yes. Being trapped under 450 lbs of athlete isn’t justification for being in fear of saying no.

she is just a tramp in your pathetic world.
Boom. Needed to be said. This tramp talk makes me think there are some "she was asking for it" rapists on this board.

Reactions: cecilB
Typical liberal snowflake approach these days.

When you can't argue and discuss FACTS you get into name calling and public shaming which is the ONLY thing they have.

Next up.....
what makes you think the poster is liberal? He/she may be, but there is nothing in the posts suggesting it.

Seriously what world do you live in when that's the filter you view the world through?

You don't even realize craven positions and commentary like you're interjected is causing many of us to flee the R party.

Perhaps some self reflection? Afterall, suggesting name calling and shaming as you name call and shame makes your post really stupid.

Not guilty doesn’t mean innocent.
I dont think OJ ever said, well I killed her but she never said no. This isnt even close to being the same thing.

From what I have read it sounds like she had sex with both of them and the next morning felt ashamed of what she did and attempted to justify it by screaming rape. I don't buy that she was scared to use the word no. I could maybe agree with her if they held her against her will or used a weapon. But they didnt do any of that.

In all honesty she should be prosecuted for a false accusation and put in prison.

JMHO

Just to be clear, both were not tried and both were not found guilty. Only LeGrone was tried. Hunt took a plea bargain. So, Hunt was found guilty of accessory to attempted false imprisonment and giving false information (both misdemeanors), according to the article I read. He then testified against LeGrone at trial (although I have no idea what he said on the stand). Notwithstanding even whatever testimony Hunt added, LeGrone was quickly found not guilty. Of course, under American criminal law, the jury has to find him guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. Even a determination that most likely he knew he didn't have consent isn't enough.

It is pretty easy for me to see that based on what has been stated about the circumstances, most reasonable people would have a hard time putting away the young man for probably 20-30 years on what could easily have been understood by him to have been consensual (moral repugnancy aside). Nebraska does not have an "only a verbal yes means yes" standard in sexual assault. Regardless of what you may feel the standard should be, if she didn't voice any objection, then how would he know?

University has no obligation to let them back on the team, restore their scholarships or even let them back into school. The standard for that is much lower. If the school finds its likely they did assault her, then it can keep them out. Creighton still refuses to allow Mo Watson to finish up his degree even though his accuser ultimately admitted to lying in connection with her accusations against him, causing the charges to be dropped by a prosecutor who was initially hellbent on trying him come hell or high water - not even making it to trial.
One thing that perhaps most people don't know is that juries are never told anything about punishment, save for death penalty cases perhaps (that is evolving and its been years since I was involved in a DP case, could be wrong). On normal run of the mill criminal cases, the judge sentences after conviction, and all lawyers are admonished never to bring up what a defendant's punishment might be in front of jurors.

Reactions: dinglefritz
I dont think OJ ever said, well I killed her but she never said no. This isnt even close to being the same thing.

From what I have read it sounds like she had sex with both of them and the next morning felt ashamed of what she did and attempted to justify it by screaming rape. I don't buy that she was scared to use the word no. I could maybe agree with her if they held her against her will or used a weapon. But they didnt do any of that.

In all honesty she should be prosecuted for a false accusation and put in prison.

JMHO
Well OJ wouldn’t be the one making the false accusation there Sparky. It would be the Brown family who accused him of murder, a murder to which he was acquitted. Using your logic, They should be prosecuted for false accusations. You see that’s how analogies work, you compare like things, the falsely accused are typically the person doing the killing or the raping.

Reactions: HuskerO
Well OJ wouldn’t be the one making the false accusation there Sparky. It would be the Brown family who accused him of murder, a murder to which he was acquitted. Using your logic, They should be prosecuted for false accusations. You see that’s how analogies work, you compare like things, the falsely accused are typically the person doing the killing or the raping

No kidding Ace, however thats not my logic at all. Try to understand if you can, the person who made the accusation is alive and can speak for herself. So in this case she can and should be prosecuted.

Reactions: Husker_AMG63
No kidding Ace, however thats not my logic at all. Try to understand if you can, the person who made the accusation is alive and can speak for herself. So in this case she can and should be prosecuted.

the point of the original analogy - because the defendant was acquitted that doesn’t make them innocent. OJ acquitted not necessarily but probably still a killer.

in the Legrone case, the only thing you can point to, to show she may be lying is his word and an acquittal. Because she didn’t yell no and try to fight off 2 decent sized men, doesn’t prove she is lying, it is just enough to get an acquittal in Nebraska.

Last edited:
I'm more in the camp that what Hunt and LeGrone did wasn't cool. Nebraska law seems a bit strange if the requirement is that the alleged victim has to verbally say "no", otherwise it isn't rape. The victim claimed she was too scared, which seems reasonable to me given the circumstances.
obviously not.

They would have lost their scholarship anyway as they entered the transfer portal. Non-issue.
Do they automatically lose their scholarship?

I looked it up on the NCAA site and it talks all about timing which is a duh. Entering the portal alone does not cause loss of a scholarship that year but the school does have the option to take it away the next year. I have no clue of what what what was done with these guys.

Way to put yourself out there and contribute to the discussion - kudos! I look forward to more of your eloquent prose, perhaps try three words next time and build up your stamina.
Way to put yourself out there and contribute to the discussion - kudos! I look forward to more of your eloquent prose, perhaps try three words next time and build up your stamina.
if i did more then three, would have to explain it to you. you will do alright piece meal, until you grow up.

the point of the original analogy - because the defendant was acquitted that doesn’t make them innocent. OJ acquitted not necessarily but probably still a killer.

in the Legrone case, the only thing you can point to, to show she may be lying is his word and an acquittal. Because she didn’t yell no and try to fight off 2 decent sized men, doesn’t prove she is lying, it is just enough to get an acquittal in Nebraska.
The burden of proof is on the prosecution. This would have been a tough case to prove rape on given their previous relationship. If there were some evidence that she gave conflicting testimony and you had text message evidence that she went there knowing they wanted sex, that's a tough case for a prosecutor to try.

The burden of proof is on the prosecution. This would have been a tough case to prove rape on given their previous relationship. If there were some evidence that she gave conflicting testimony and you had text message evidence that she went there knowing they wanted sex, that's a tough case for a prosecutor to try.
ok. so because it was tough to try, she was a whore and was asking for it?

ok. so because it was tough to try, she was a whore and was asking for it?
Just the facts. A family member was a long time prosecutor who did everything from child abuse to murder. We've talked about different scenarios over the years and cases he tried. The prosecution has to prove their case beyond a reasonable doubt. Clearly there was reasonable doubt given the evidence that was presented at trial. Just because a prosecutor goes to trial on a charge doesn't mean he thinks he'll win in court. There no doubt was pressure to prosecute this case.

Just the facts. A family member was a long time prosecutor who did everything from child abuse to murder. We've talked about different scenarios over the years and cases he tried. The prosecution has to prove their case beyond a reasonable doubt. Clearly there was reasonable doubt given the evidence that was presented at trial. Just because a prosecutor goes to trial on a charge doesn't mean he thinks he'll win in court. There no doubt was pressure to prosecute this case.
Cmon man. Just because he was acquitted doesn't mean they didn't sexually assault this woman. Or that it is "just the facts".

Facts have zero to do with it. Them saying they didn't sexually assault her doesn't make it a fact.

Cmon man. Just because he was acquitted doesn't mean they didn't sexually assault this woman. Or that it is "just the facts".

Facts have zero to do with it. Them saying they didn't sexually assault her doesn't make it a fact.
I NEVER said they that didn't do what they were accused of. I said that it was a difficult case to prove. I believe there are text messages where they talk to her about having sex and she goes over to their place anyway. Then there is the possibility that she gave conflicting testimony. They didn't deny having sex with her. The burden is on the state to prove guilt and we shouldn't want it any other way. THAT is the FACT.

I NEVER said they that didn't do what they were accused of. I said that it was a difficult case to prove. I believe there are text messages where they talk to her about having sex and she goes over to their place anyway. Then there is the possibility that she gave conflicting testimony. They didn't deny having sex with her. The burden is on the state to prove guilt and we shouldn't want it any other way. THAT is the FACT.
You literally wrote, and I quoted you, "just the facts". Then you gave some long story about some friend of the family who used to do something.

You literally wrote, and I quoted you, "just the facts". Then you gave some long story about some friend of the family who used to do something.
No I said a family member, not family friend who prosecuted sex crimes and horrific child abuse cases for a couple of decades. My "just the facts" was responding to your post. The FACTS are that the prosecutor has the burden of proof and that this was a difficult case to prove. The state has very good attorneys who specialize in this type of law trying these cases.

No I said a family member, not family friend who prosecuted sex crimes and horrific child abuse cases for a couple of decades. My "just the facts" was responding to your post. The FACTS are that the prosecutor has the burden of proof and that this was a difficult case to prove. The state has very good attorneys who specialize in this type of law trying these cases.
whatever Dingle, you wrote "just the facts". This was a case of he said/ she said. He said won because she didn't outwardly and clearly say no. That is a fact.

whatever Dingle, you wrote "just the facts". This was a case of he said/ she said. He said won because she didn't outwardly and clearly say no. That is a fact.
Have you read all of the depositions and testimony? I haven't read it all but I can tell you from what I have read that this was a tough case for the prosecution to win. From what I recall she had given some conflicting testimony on what had happened. There was text message evidence that she knew they wanted her to come over for sex and she went anyway. Then apparently she admitted that she didn't tell Legrone no. I would say that qualifies as a tough case for a prosecutor to win.

Dingle's "just the facts" comment wasn't about what happened that night. His "just the facts" comment was about prosecution having to prove their case beyond a reasonable doubt and "the fact is" that it was tough for the prosecution to prove that in this case.

I didn't read any of the deposition or testimony, but I think in most cases when a woman doesn't say no (or isn't pushing that guy off of her), then there is reasonable doubt that the guy didn't know that the woman didn't want to continue with what was happening. I'm not sure how anyone can say otherwise?

Last edited:

I disagree. You cant sit back and cry rape without letting the person you're having sex with know that you don't want to have sex. It cant work that way. She wasn't to afraid to go to the apartment and hop in bed but she was to afraid to say no? Come one man. This is easy really. She woke up the next morning feeling ashamed of what people would think so she cried rape and ruined to men's potential future. She should go to prison

Reactions: Husker_AMG63
I disagree. You cant sit back and cry rape without letting the person you're having sex with know that you don't want to have sex. It cant work that way. She wasn't to afraid to go to the apartment and hop in bed but she was to afraid to say no? Come one man. This is easy really. She woke up the next morning feeling ashamed of what people would think so she cried rape and ruined to men's potential future. She should go to prison
In her defense, I don't think she went to the apartment planning on having a threesome.

Or maybe she wanted to fool around, but not have sex with anyone.

At least that's what she's saying I believe (maybe I'm wrong on the aligations)?

If either of those are true then I get why she went to the cops, but she has a responsibility to actually say no if she didn't want to partake. If not, then it is unfair to say "not saying no means no". That's a ridiculous standard.

I thought I read somewhere that Legrone had a completely different incident where he hopped into bed with a different roommate that was having sex with a girl. That girl told him "no" and he got up and left. Anyone else see a story like that?

Found it.....In this article: LJS article. Legrone's got issues to be hopping in on his roommate's girls. He's no angel. And girls don't typically file police reports for shits and giggles or to save face...

"On Tuesday, jurors heard from another woman, a 20-year-old University of Nebraska-Lincoln student, who said a year earlier, on Aug. 17, 2018, LeGrone snuck into a room where she was having consensual sex with another man and started to have sex with her without her permission.

She said she saw the person she thought she was having sex with across the room, looked back and saw LeGrone. She said she didn't see him even come in the room and was surprised.
The woman said, "I don't know what you thought this was," and LeGrone stopped.
She got dressed, picked up her bag and left the dorm room.
She said she went over to the dorm again maybe five times to have sex with LeGrone's roommate, and LeGrone never tried anything again. And, while she made a report to police in December 2019, she didn't want him prosecuted for it."

• Wow
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT