ADVERTISEMENT

Former Husker Legrone...

Found not guilty of rape. Good for him. That's not a word you throw around lightly. Sounds like she had sex with him and Andre Hunt. Then regretted it and screamed rape. Not cool.
I think Nebraska law is if you are able to say ‘no’ )Ie sober) and don’t say no it’s not really rape. She was able but didn’t. Feel bad for her but people need to raise their kids to speak the f up if they think something is wrong. Either regret or really weakly raised person.

I think Nebraska law is if you are able to say ‘no’ )Ie sober) and don’t say no it’s not really rape. She was able but didn’t. Feel bad for her but people need to raise their kids to speak the f up if they think something is wrong. Either regret or really weakly raised person.
And I am not victim blaming but know my daughters would fight like hell if something wrong.

Wow, this surprised me - but I guess it shouldn't. You never know what juries are going to do.
Not sure if your implication here, but it’s possible the jury did what it was supposed to do... listen to the evidence presented and make a decision. Maybe, just maybe, he was found not guilty because he WAS not guilty.

Of course, you and I won’t know that for sure, but I believe it’s entirely possible that the jury did the right thing. Maybe.

Found not guilty of rape. Good for him. That's not a word you throw around lightly. Sounds like she had sex with him and Andre Hunt. Then regretted it and screamed rape. Not cool.
I'm more in the camp that what Hunt and LeGrone did wasn't cool. Nebraska law seems a bit strange if the requirement is that the alleged victim has to verbally say "no", otherwise it isn't rape. The victim claimed she was too scared, which seems reasonable to me given the circumstances.

Reactions: Tornadosoul7
Of course it's possible that the jury reached the correct decision. From what I read about the case I expected he would be found guilty - but I wasn't on the jury.

Of course it's possible that the jury reached the correct decision. From what I read about the case I expected he would be found guilty - but I wasn't on the jury.
And no doubt, you’ve read more than me... I haven’t read anything. Just wondering where you were coming from. Thanks.

I'm more in the camp that what Hunt and LeGrone did wasn't cool. Nebraska law seems a bit strange if the requirement is that the alleged victim has to verbally say "no", otherwise it isn't rape. The victim claimed she was too scared, which seems reasonable to me given the circumstances.
College kids, alcohol and or drugs make for some dumb decisions no doubt. I'm simply saying a night of partying, dumb decisions and regret the next day shouldn't ruin a kids life with that word thrown about so casually.

So what do the guys do going forward? Do they get reinstated or move on? Would another school take a chance on them? Interesting that they were found not guilty but still could be "guilty" in the eyes of some.

Reactions: Husker_AMG63
So what do the guys do going forward? Do they get reinstated or move on? Would another school take a chance on them? Interesting that they were found not guilty but still could be "guilty" in the eyes of some.
Good question. Does Frost let them back on the team if they want to come back? Hell. LP was allowed back. He did much worse.

I guarantee this not guilty thread doesn't get near the replies that the post got when they were arrested. Someone look it up and see how quickly they were convicted before given a fair trial.

It may be a fine point, but the charge was Sexual Assault, 1st Degree. Rape is not mentioned in Neb. Rev. Stat. 28-319(1)(A).

Reactions: HuskerDana
I think false rape/sexual assault allegations should have a penalty of prison time for women. There is no consequence to falsely accusing someone of sexual assault but we see what happened to these guys. They lost their scholarship and all credability. This woman should have to serve prison time.

I think false rape/sexual assault allegations should have a penalty of prison time for women. There is no consequence to falsely accusing someone of sexual assault but we see what happened to these guys. They lost their scholarship and all credability. This woman should have to serve prison time.
Nicole Simpson’s family should have to serve time in prison for false accusation of murder. After all OJ walked.

I hear what you’re saying, but it is a fine line... enough women don’t come forward as it is. If they would face jail time for coming forward but not getting the jury vote, even fewer women will come forward, even if they were absolutely raped.

I am sick of the false accusations, to be sure... we need to do a better job in society with those who are vindicated. I’m just not sure how feasible that is.

No. She should have said I am a jersey chaser, got drunk, had sex with two Huskers. Now I'm sober, regret it and feel like a tramp.
Except that isn’t what happened. She was having sex with one of them and the other decided to join in. She didn’t invite him or chase his never worn jersey. The reason he was acquitted was because she didn’t verbally say no, so for some reason, in Nebraska, not saying no is the same as saying yes. Being trapped under 450 lbs of athlete isn’t justification for being in fear of saying no.

she is just a tramp in your pathetic world.

It doesn't. I just don't like girls who use that word so loosely.
Me either. There's a reason its not used in the statute. I really can't expect a 19 year old woman to know the legal definition, but can try to help old dudes n a football board know it a bit.

Except that isn’t what happened. She was having sex with one of them and the other decided to join in. She didn’t invite him or chase his never worn jersey. The reason he was acquitted was because she didn’t verbally say no, so for some reason, in Nebraska, not saying no is the same as saying yes. Being trapped under 450 lbs of athlete isn’t justification for being in fear of saying no.

Oh please. Stop with the I'm a victim # me too crap. A jury disagrees with you but I guess you know more about the case.

There is already a statute in place that covers this, False Reporting Neb. Rev. Stat. 28-907. I cannot read the minds of the jurors of course here, but I would bet you a cup of coffee that the verdict hinged on the young woman not actively denying consent. Mallory mentioned that in her cross and in closing.

Why did she say Hunt raped her too if they were having consensual sex Tuco? Hmmm??

So how exactly is the person supposed to know they should stop if there is no indication?

Wow, this surprised me - but I guess it shouldn't. You never know what juries are going to do.

A jury, probably consisting of 75% or more white people found 2 young black men who are athletes "not guilty" of raping a young co-ed........QUICKLY no deadlock no long deliberations or questions for the judge!

This suggests to me that the evidence in this case was SO WEAK that there should have never been charges in the first place! Thank goodness they didn't have the illustrious members of this board on the jury tho. I remember all the comments from so you on here ASSUMING guilt and all kinds of other vile comments about the 2......WE KNOW WHO YOU ARE but WE KNOW you won't apologize!

Now only If the University of Nebraska could reinstate them as fast would this story have a better outcome....

Last edited:
It sounds like they were into some shady stuff, and I believe there were more incidents than just this one. They would have given us a lot of bad press after the Mo Washington saga and needed to be kicked off the team. Those are my thoughts from a Nebraska fan perspective.

From a civilian and legal perspective, if there's no evidence they raped her, I'm glad they're found not guilty. It's an accusation that's thrown around all too easily and has ruined the lives of many young men even when found not guilty.

Just for context, didn’t Hunt have multiple accusers? Not sure if Legrone had any others.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT