ADVERTISEMENT

Former 5* DB transfer on campus today

I have read several threads on here and unless I am wrong, there are some trends developing.

The battle cray when other teams were filling classes and we were way behind was to not get excited, just wait and it will all work out, Frost will pull the rabbit out of the hat. Now how does look to be panning out? No good.

A few of brave posters dared to question where the retention and development of said talent was. You soly.werent allowed to question things. Frost inherited a mess.and needed years to clean it up which doesn't explain roster managment issues and certainly player development and retention.

Now that the mood on this board is more one of "stop the talk and show us on the field" the tide is turning to question this coach and staff. So the negative ones who were once berated at every turn are now the norm.

Honestly, none of this looks good for the future of the program. Player development, a program that seems stuck in neutral, and questionable player development will obviously bleed over into recruiting.

Jimmys and Joes

How we doing on the wins and losses?
I sounded the warning when I read the Athlon preseason BiG picks for this season, and we had less players selected then both Illinois and Rutgers. I would have to say that the average top 20 recruiting rankings we've had the past few years is NOT paying off on the field, and that might finally be catching up in recruiting. Can Frost and staff develop players? My opinion is a resounding NO.

Last edited:
Reactions: Husker_AMG63
We can argue this until the cows come home but the fact remains that without talented and high ranking players you don’t win conference titles. No being a 4 star doesn’t guarantee success, but we have nothing but 2 and 3 star players on the camp and visit lists. My opinion is that if you want to base your success on development than you better actually develop players. Where is the evidence of that happening with this staff? QB is the same or worse since Frost arrived, RB is a freaking turn style of transfers in and out. WR is mostly just transfers out. I guess you can look at OL but there is nothing proven there. 2 of the best prospects are young. Outside of possibly center, and those two dudes, there isn’t a pro on the OL roster right now.
Well I certainly agree that player development is critical regardless of how many stars a players comes in with.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
Well I certainly agree that player development is critical regardless of how many stars a players comes in with.
there will be some neb players this year who are going to severely outperform their expectations and become known names by the end of the season.
maybe its better Frost concentrate on 3 star kids because the higher recruits are not working out. You can still have a very good program based on mainly 3 star recruits with some 4 stars mixed in.

there will be some neb players this year who are going to severely outperform their expectations and become known names by the end of the season.
maybe its better Frost concentrate on 3 star kids because the higher recruits are not working out. You can still have a very good program based on mainly 3 star recruits with some 4 stars mixed in.
avg recruiting class ranking is highly correlated to avg end of season ranking

you can have a 'very good program', I guess (think classic B1G definition of success, wisc, nw, etc. aka no real success at all aka loser programs)

in today's game, though, you cannot compete for national titles, basically ever, without the best players

Name them? Who sets the expectations they are going to outperform?

So, help me understand, Frost needs to stay in the 3* and below category because the "higher recruits are no working out"?

So it is based on star ratings if they work out or not? Where does player development come into the picture or we just they don't work out so don't recruit them?

What is the definition of a "very good program" and could you point to some that follow the plan you suggest and have our record of player development?

you can have a 'very good program', I guess (think classic B1G definition of success, wisc, nw, etc. aka no real success at all aka loser programs)

in today's game, though, you cannot compete for national titles, basically ever, without the best players
Yes

Name them? Who sets the expectations they are going to outperform?

So, help me understand, Frost needs to stay in the 3* and below category because the "higher recruits are no working out"?

So it is based on star ratings if they work out or not? Where does player development come into the picture or we just they don't work out so don't recruit them?

What is the definition of a "very good program" and could you point to some that follow the plan you suggest and have our record of player development?
Yes again

Speaking from experience (before Fleck 4*s were like leprechauns to us Gopher fans) that'll get you a solid 7 wins every year, maybe 8-9 if the ball bounces for you a few times or you walk through the non-conference cupcakes.

Then there isn’t enough info to defend the staff and their prerogatives either.

here is what I do know, HC, DC and LB coach all hosted and evaluated a 2 star LB from Lincoln and visited with a 2 star OT from Bellevue. The OC was not said to be anywhere. TE and OLB coach were in Georgia and RB coach and a GA were in Miami.
We have one single 4 star player on the official visit list for the month of June. He is a LB that will end up at Arizona.

but hey everything is fine
Nice to meet you Chicken Little.

I have read several threads on here and unless I am wrong, there are some trends developing.

The battle cray when other teams were filling classes and we were way behind was to not get excited, just wait and it will all work out, Frost will pull the rabbit out of the hat. Now how does look to be panning out? No good.

A few of brave posters dared to question where the retention and development of said talent was. You soly.werent allowed to question things. Frost inherited a mess.and needed years to clean it up which doesn't explain roster managment issues and certainly player development and retention.

Now that the mood on this board is more one of "stop the talk and show us on the field" the tide is turning to question this coach and staff. So the negative ones who were once berated at every turn are now the norm.

Honestly, none of this looks good for the future of the program. Player development, a program that seems stuck in neutral, and questionable player development will obviously bleed over into recruiting.

Come back when you have a little skin in the game there chief
LOL. I have forgotten more about Husker football since lunch than you know and have been paid by national and local publications to cover NU, so I'm good. But since you asked...this staff has had three top 15/20 recruiting classes and it's six months before Signing Day, so relax Chicken Little. Plus, that epidemic thing slowed recruiting significantly the last six months.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dharry
LOL. I have forgotten more about Husker football since lunch than you know and have been paid by national and local publications to cover NU, so I'm good. But since you asked...this staff has had three top 15/20 recruiting classes and it's six months before Signing Day, so relax Chicken Little. Plus, that epidemic thing slowed recruiting significantly the last six months.
Ha ha

Do you know who I am? Doesn’t work with the cops, doesn’t work here. You’re just a three post dude

Ha ha

Do you know who I am? Doesn’t work with the cops, doesn’t work here. You’re just a three post dude
You started swinging the Big D, you told me to leave like you are a BOSS on a message board that you are paying to be on. I just said I get paid covering NU, while you pay to be post on a message board about the Huskers--haha.

But you can distract all you want making it about me and you, lets stick to your crying. You look like Chicken Little complaining incessantly on June 4 given this staff's recruiting and the covid effect on recruiting . DM me for tips on common sense. I will cut you a deal.

Last edited:
My apologies, outside of Justin Williams and Tyler Martin, the remaining campers and visitors are two and three star prospects

There are some zero-star prospects as well, and Frost just offered one of them. Unranked Center with no other offers:

hate to break it to you but NEB is probably not going to be competing for national titles especially on a consistent basis. maybe in an exceptional year when NEB is up and everyone else is down.
if that is your definition of a very good program then you are going to be disappointed as a NEB fan.
i think very good is 8-9 wins a year and winning half the bowl games against good competition.
maybe 10 wins once in a while
neb can do that
please dont lecture me about having low expectations. there is really no good reason neb should have a great fb program so if frost can be a top 20ish program that is an accomplishment.

You started swinging the Big D, you told me to leave like you are a BOSS on a message board that you are paying to be on. I just said I get paid covering NU, while you pay to be post on a message board about the Huskers--haha.

But you can distract all you want making it about me and you, lets stick to your crying. You look like Chicken Little complaining incessantly on June 4 given this staff's recruiting and the covid effect on recruiting . DM me for tips on common sense. I will cut you a deal.
Look dude, you called me out with your first post on the forum. Well under this particular login anyway. You came at me swinging the “big D”. Truth is I don’t give a fat **** who you are. I didnt tell you to leave, I just said put some skin in the game. You have a handful of posts and 2 of them are nothing more than you telling me (us) how you get paid to discuss Husker football. There have been a shit ton of dudes that come on here claiming to be this, that or the other. 99.9% of them are gone within a few posts. Hopefully you’ll be different. But history show that when a poster comes on this strong, they are full of shit. Forgive me if you are the exception.

Look dude, you called me out with your first post on the forum. Well under this particular login anyway. You came at me swinging the “big D”. Truth is I don’t give a fat **** who you are. I didnt tell you to leave, I just said put some skin in the game. You have a handful of posts and 2 of them are nothing more than you telling me (us) how you get paid to discuss Husker football. There have been a shit ton of dudes that come on here claiming to be this, that or the other. 99.9% of them are gone within a few posts. Hopefully you’ll be different. But history show that when a poster comes on this strong, they are full of shit. Forgive me if you are the exception.
For the second time, forget me, you and # of posts. You are Chicken Little here.

Im tired of the excuse that covid has slowed things down....man alive every school in america has to deal with it so that doesnt excuse anyone or anything.. recruiting is a dog eat dog world and the hungry ones eat..that simple.. normally im not hard on this staff with the way they have recruited.. i just want the rankings to equal the results or visa versa and so far its not even close.hopefully this year they can bust it wide open and then more top recruits will want to join.. still a wait and see

Reactions: CameronKrazie86
hate to break it to you but NEB is probably not going to be competing for national titles especially on a consistent basis. maybe in an exceptional year when NEB is up and everyone else is down.
if that is your definition of a very good program then you are going to be disappointed as a NEB fan.
i think very good is 8-9 wins a year and winning half the bowl games against good competition.
maybe 10 wins once in a while
neb can do that
please dont lecture me about having low expectations. there is really no good reason neb should have a great fb program so if frost can be a top 20ish program that is an accomplishment.
can you please list the reasons bama, ohiost and clemson should have a great fb program?

it's players who make coaches who make more players. that's it.

Reactions: Laner2
12-20 overall at Nebraska.
4 losing seasons out of 5 as a head coach
It isn’t chicken little it is what he is.
Hahahaha. You get destroyed on your recruiting angle of angst, so you change topics, Chicken Little. Nice. Free advice...once you are in a hole stop digging. #MrRoark

can you please list the reasons bama, ohiost and clemson should have a great fb program?

it's players who make coaches who make more players. that's it.
Wrong. Coaches know how to spot talent, develop it, build systems around it and keep improving it. Kids follow the success, they don't just magically get the job done.

Reactions: jeans1515
Wrong. Coaches know how to spot talent, develop it, build systems around it and keep improving it. Kids follow the success, they don't just magically get the job done.
only 3 programs regularly compete for the title

are dabo, day and satan the only coaches who can do what you've described?

Are we supposed to be paying to be up here?

If so, I'm doing it wrong.

This is a funny post to me. It seemed to me like it was you who came in here swinging big, or rather name calling.

Just because you got paid to write some fluff, doesn't make you any more knowledgeable than someone else. There are examples all over the web of failed journalists and analysts that either don't know what they are talking about, or who's only skill is to mimic some narrative that someone else fed them. Which in the later case, just makes you another sheep in the herd.

The fact that you came in with name calling first, rather than utilizing your alleged English and story writing skills, lends me to believe that this is all a fabrication of your imagination.. so net result, your credibility is poor.

This is a funny post to me. It seemed to me like it was you who came in here swinging big, or rather name calling.

Just because you got paid to write some fluff, doesn't make you any more knowledgeable than someone else. There are examples all over the web of failed journalists and analysts that either don't know what they are talking about, or who's only skill is to mimic some narrative that someone else fed them. Which in the later case, just makes you another sheep in the herd.

The fact that you came in with name calling first, rather than utilizing your alleged English and story writing skills, lends me to believe that this is all a fabrication of your imagination.. so net result, your credibility is poor.
All day Chicken Little had a laughable angle with this staff as recruiters and I showed it. Then he brought up number of posts as if a high number can compensate for acting the fool. Not into "credibility," but common sense.

only 3 programs regularly compete for the title

are dabo, day and satan the only coaches who can do what you've described?
Like when Tom was dominating college football at lowly Nebraska. Was he the only one? Must have been because he was consistently on top with winning teams.

Why isn't Harbaugh doing it? Michigan has all the perks, name recognition, etc.

Certainly there are a combination of things but how does Saban keep losing assistants but still manage to stay on top? How did Urban manage to win at all his stops?

All day Chicken Little had a laughable angle with this staff as recruiters and I showed it. Then he brought up number of posts as if a high number can compensate for acting the fool. Not into "credibility," but common sense.
Dude I have forgotten more about recruiting than you will ever know. My take on this 2022 class is spot on. It is short on high level players showing interest in NU. It is June, basically the only month for evaluations and there are two 4 star kids coming to campus.
This month is huge because there are no off weeks in Sept and October for coaches to make trips to watch players. So they will be depending on game film for further evaluations. The 4 and 5 star kids are going to be making commitment between now and November and like I said, we have this month to evaluate in person.

At least Tuco is bring bring up facts and players names, I haven’t seen one post of yours that makes me want to believe your in the know...

Dude I have forgotten more about recruiting than you will ever know. My take on this 2022 class is spot on. It is short on high level players showing interest in NU. It is June, basically the only month for evaluations and there are two 4 star kids coming to campus.
This month is huge because there are no off weeks in Sept and October for coaches to make trips to watch players. So they will be depending on game film for further evaluations. The 4 and 5 star kids are going to be making commitment between now and November and like I said, we have this month to evaluate in person.
Keeping looking at yourself in the mirror and telling yourself you are "spot on"...lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT