ADVERTISEMENT

Former 5* DB transfer on campus today

He was buried on the depth chart at OSU and was even being passed over by freshmen. Didn't seem like he took advantage of the playing time he got, and went back to the end of the bench.

As the article says, maybe he needs a "fresh start".

Reactions: TheBeav815
He was buried on the depth chart at OSU and was even being passed over by freshmen. Didn't seem like he took advantage of the playing time he got, and went back to the end of the bench.

As the article says, maybe he needs a "fresh start".

It's worth a sniff at the very least. You don't get to be a 5* without being immensely talented.

Sometimes what these kids need is to end up hearing that their low work ethic won't get it done from multiple staffs before they're ready to accept that they're the one who needs to change.

Sometimes they don't get it figured out. But if you're going to roll the dice, at least you know the ceiling is high.

I heard that they were expecting others over the next few days. They can only take two transfers though.
I am just saying that he could have been in Miami on the 1st, back in Lincoln on the 2nd and hosting whoever he wants the next couple of days. They need to have more than just the GA and Held in St Louis this weekend, imho

Reactions: Husker_AMG63
I am just saying that he could have been in Miami on the 1st, back in Lincoln on the 2nd and hosting whoever he wants the next couple of days. They need to have more than just the GA and Held in St Louis this weekend, imho

You're trying too hard. What was the coaching staffs itenerary for this week? Does it matter? It all boils down to wins and losses. I would say not enough information to question the staff and their prerogatives.

You're trying too hard. What was the coaching staffs itenerary for this week? Does it matter? It all boils down to wins and losses. I would say not enough information to question the staff and their prerogatives.
Then there isn’t enough info to defend the staff and their prerogatives either.

here is what I do know, HC, DC and LB coach all hosted and evaluated a 2 star LB from Lincoln and visited with a 2 star OT from Bellevue. The OC was not said to be anywhere. TE and OLB coach were in Georgia and RB coach and a GA were in Miami.
We have one single 4 star player on the official visit list for the month of June. He is a LB that will end up at Arizona.

but hey everything is fine

here is what I do know, HC, DC and LB coach all hosted and evaluated a 2 star LB from Lincoln and visited with a 2 star OT from Bellevue. The OC was not said to be anywhere. TE and OLB coach were in Georgia and RB coach and a GA were in Miami.
We have one single 4 star player on the official visit list for the month of June. He is a LB that will end up at Arizona.

Ok, get 'em tiger. Wins and losses.

Like this kind of fine?

dab.jpg

Reactions: Tuco Salamanca
I see both sides, but I also don't have Scott Frost's itinerary for his next few months. He may be doing stuff we don't know about, but because it is a message board we will freak out. We've started to get some dudes, but at the end of the day to get the big fish we are going to have to start winning. I said this in another thread, but OSU got a 5 star QB from Texas because OSU has been to the show and Texas remains mediocre. 5 stars want to go play in National Title games, not come to 4-5 win teams where there coaches could be on the hot seat. Scott has built a decent roster, but now he needs to win with that roster so he can start to land some big fish.

I see both sides, but I also don't have Scott Frost's itinerary for his next few months. He may be doing stuff we don't know about, but because it is a message board we will freak out. We've started to get some dudes, but at the end of the day to get the big fish we are going to have to start winning. I said this in another thread, but OSU got a 5 star QB from Texas because OSU has been to the show and Texas remains mediocre. 5 stars want to go play in National Title games, not come to 4-5 win teams where there coaches could be on the hot seat. Scott has built a decent roster, but now he needs to win with that roster so he can start to land some big fish.
Dead period starts June 28 and lasts until basically the start is the season. The month of June is a huge month, which is why I am concerned about this class.

Dead period starts June 28 and lasts until basically the start is the season. The month of June is a huge month, which is why I am concerned about this class.

I'm a 100% with you in your concern and agree with your point, all I am saying is that I just don't know what is happening behind the scenes. I get the optics look bad and agree with what you have said above, but I will also say most of Frost's class have been ok on paper, so he must be doing a few things behind the scenes that we don't know about. June is a huge month and it will be interesting to see how it unfolds.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
The amazing OSU coach picked Haskins over Burrow. Scott is not the only one the effed up. Haskins is horrible.
Revisionist history!!!
Burrow was never expected to be a Heisman caliber QB or a first round pick. He was a 3 star, backup who didn't play much for Ohio St. It's not hard to understand why Ohio St didn't give him the starting job and why Frost also passed on him. LSU took a shot and two years later it really worked out but you can't rewrite history.

2018:
-Dwayne finished 3rd in the Heisman race. He led Ohio St to a 13-1 record and was drafted in the first round.
-Burrow was average

2019:
-Dwayne started games in the NFL.
-Burrow worked like crazy to improve (according to him). He then won the Heisman, was drafted #1 overall.

Reactions: WHCSC
Revisionist history!!!
Burrow was never expected to be a Heisman caliber QB or a first round pick. He was a 3 star, backup who didn't play much for Ohio St. It's not hard to understand why Ohio St didn't give him the starting job and why Frost also passed on him. LSU took a shot and two years later it really worked out but you can't rewrite history.

2018:
-Dwayne finished 3rd in the Heisman race. He led Ohio St to a 13-1 record and was drafted in the first round.
-Burrow was average

2019:
-Dwayne started games in the NFL.
-Burrow worked like crazy to improve (according to him). He then won the Heisman, was drafted #1 overall.

I think Haskins was WAY over rated how good he was (watch Nebraska game vs him, only time we could hang with them because he was average). Watch his NFL film. He is not good.

And how many 4 stars have we had that turned out to be busts or ended up transferring out of the program? Being a 4-star isn't a guarantee of success, maybe a somewhat higher probability but certainly not a sure thing.

And how many 4 stars have we had that turned out to be busts or ended up transferring out of the program? Being a 4-star isn't a guarantee of success, maybe a somewhat higher probability but certainly not a sure thing.
We can argue this until the cows come home but the fact remains that without talented and high ranking players you don’t win conference titles. No being a 4 star doesn’t guarantee success, but we have nothing but 2 and 3 star players on the camp and visit lists. My opinion is that if you want to base your success on development than you better actually develop players. Where is the evidence of that happening with this staff? QB is the same or worse since Frost arrived, RB is a freaking turn style of transfers in and out. WR is mostly just transfers out. I guess you can look at OL but there is nothing proven there. 2 of the best prospects are young. Outside of possibly center, and those two dudes, there isn’t a pro on the OL roster right now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT