ADVERTISEMENT

Fordham fans in Lincoln on 9/4

Man I would sure make the trip if I were a Fordham FB parent

The population of the Bronx is almost as much as the entire state of Nebraska. I think there will be a ton of support for Fordham.
I went to Fordham. Trust me when I tell you that 99.9% of the people who live in the Bronx don’t give a damn about Fordham or Fordham football. Fordham is a walled and gated haven for upper class white kids from everywhere except the Bronx. Most people who live in the Bronx view Fordham as a snooty, expensive, playground for rich kids.

I went to Fordham. Trust me when I tell you that 99.9% of the people who live in the Bronx don’t give a damn about Fordham or Fordham football. Fordham is a walled and gated haven for upper class white kids from everywhere except the Bronx. Most people who live in the Bronx view Fordham as a snooty, expensive, playground for rich kids.

Yea, but the Rams haven’t played a P5 program since 1954. The community may get excited for this game. Fordham also has an incredibly popular student radio station. I’m sure the game will be broadcasted on those airwaves. Fordham will be good for Nebraska recruiting in the northeast as well.

So what is a snooty, upper class white kid from Fordham doing on a poor, white trash Nebraska football board?

• Haha
Reactions: RedSea
Thank you. NOBODY from NYC is coming to Lincoln just because Fordham is playing a game there. Players' families will come and that's it.

People in cities like that don't follow those teams. Those are pro markets. I can remember zero times that anyone in Chicago has talked about what DePaul does in sports. They can barely make it on the radio.

I lived in Rogers Park and if you didn't use the Loyola L stop it would have been easy not to know Loyola existed.

Absolutely no one in the Bronx is like, "Oh man you see that Holy Cross game last week??? We're all going to Lincoln right??"

Yea, but the Rams haven’t played a P5 program since 1954. The community may get excited for this game. Fordham also has an incredibly popular student radio station. I’m sure the game will be broadcasted on those airwaves. Fordham will be good for Nebraska recruiting in the northeast as well.
No it will not help our recruiting in the northeast. Not one bit. I repeat: nobody... and I mean NOBODY... in NYC or it’s burbs gives a shit about Fordham football. The only people who care are those who went there or had kids who did. And even they aren’t all that into Fordham football. People in the Bronx are Giants or Jets fans. Hardly anybody would even know that Fordham’s mascot is a Ram. When I was getting my doctorate there I remember every week in the Fall on a home game day that you could get free tickets to the game in the student union. And even then the tiny stadium was only half full.

So what is a snooty, upper class white kid from Fordham doing on a poor, white trash Nebraska football board?
Because I am a Nebraskan. Because I am strictly middle class economically. Because I did not go to Fordham as an undergrad, but a grad student that Fordham tossed grant money at to get him into their doctoral program. I ain’t nothing special. That is how all doctoral programs work. So my perspective of Fordham is closer to that of the average citizen of the Bronx more than it is that of the rich kids who go there as undergrads and cough up $70,000 grand a year.

Thank you. NOBODY from NYC is coming to Lincoln just because Fordham is playing a game there. Players' families will come and that's it.

People in cities like that don't follow those teams. Those are pro markets. I can remember zero times that anyone in Chicago has talked about what DePaul does in sports. They can barely make it on the radio.

I lived in Rogers Park and if you didn't use the Loyola L stop it would have been easy not to know Loyola existed.

Absolutely no one in the Bronx is like, "Oh man you see that Holy Cross game last week??? We're all going to Lincoln right??"
No fans (if they have any) are coming, I agree.

I think you get all the players parents/families that will come and all the coaches families and the Fordham AD and staff.

So I think easily over 250

Got to imagine a lot of Rams fans will make the trip.
That's the last thing Lincoln needs, rich white snooty people spending their money on the local economy
tenor.gif

Reactions: rrthusker
No it will not help our recruiting in the northeast. Not one bit. I repeat: nobody... and I mean NOBODY... in NYC or it’s burbs gives a shit about Fordham football. The only people who care are those who went there or had kids who did. And even they aren’t all that into Fordham football. People in the Bronx are Giants or Jets fans. Hardly anybody would even know that Fordham’s mascot is a Ram. When I was getting my doctorate there I remember every week in the Fall on a home game day that you could get free tickets to the game in the student union. And even then the tiny stadium was only half full.
It does not matter. Playing Fordham is good for the Nebraska brand. It would actually be pretty smart for Nebraska to setup a home and home with Fordham for recruiting purposes. Other than playing Rutgers once in a while Nebraska does not have a stronghold in the northeast.

• Haha
Reactions: AnyOneButYou
It does not matter. Playing Fordham is good for the Nebraska brand. It would actually be pretty smart for Nebraska to setup a home and home with Fordham for recruiting purposes. Other than playing Rutgers once in a while Nebraska does not have a stronghold in the northeast.
Weak troll attempt. You should go back to your Northwestern board.

Because I am a Nebraskan. Because I am strictly middle class economically. Because I did not go to Fordham as an undergrad, but a grad student that Fordham tossed grant money at to get him into their doctoral program. I ain’t nothing special. That is how all doctoral programs work. So my perspective of Fordham is closer to that of the average citizen of the Bronx more than it is that of the rich kids who go there as undergrads and cough up $70,000 grand a year.
Crap, I was hoping you are really a rich guy who might offer to fund my membership in the pay board! I hear they know everything about Husker football.

What’s your PhD in, Pennsy? Nice work, sir. Fordham is a very good school.

Toured Fordham with my daughter a few weeks ago. They offered her a lot of money. They do that. Beautiful campus. Locked down for sure.

She ended up choosing Loyola Marymount in LA...for a variety of reasons.

Fordham is adjacent to the Bronx Zoo and the NY Botanical Gardens. I ran the area on the morning of our visit. It’s actually pretty nice over there. The area around our hotel...not so much.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
What’s your PhD in, Pennsy? Nice work, sir. Fordham is a very good school.

Toured Fordham with my daughter a few weeks ago. They offered her a lot of money. They do that. Beautiful campus. Locked down for sure.

She ended up choosing Loyola Marymount in LA...for a variety of reasons.

Fordham is adjacent to the Bronx Zoo and the NY Botanical Gardens. I ran the area on the morning of our visit. It’s actually pretty nice over there. The area around our hotel...not so much.
My Ph.D is in theology with a specialization in the relationship between science and religion. Did work on the compatibility between religion and evolutionary theory and quantum physics. I don’t understand quantum physics. Lol. I am not that smart. But I do understand what scientists say are the implications of it all. Some bizarre stuff.
Fordham is close to both of those things and yet in all the time I was there I never once went to either the zoo or the gardens. I am an idiot.

My Ph.D is in theology with a specialization in the relationship between science and religion. Did work on the compatibility between religion and evolutionary theory and quantum physics. I don’t understand quantum physics. Lol. I am not that smart. But I do understand what scientists say are the implications of it all. Some bizarre stuff.
Fordham is close to both of those things and yet in all the time I was there I never once went to either the zoo or the gardens. I am an idiot.
Impressive background, sir. I'm a quantum physics homer/wannabe. When we one day meet at a game, we can throw back some rye and debate the elemental building blocks of the universe...and Deity. ...could get interesting.

Regarding never visiting the zoo or the gardens, there's still time.

Peace!

Reactions: Pennsyhusker

Ok, since you understand theology, evolutionary theory, and quantum physics, can you explain to us about the presence of ghosts?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT