ADVERTISEMENT

FORDE:Nebraska Keeps Defying the Big Ten, Responding to Adversity With Petulance

mwulf

Offensive Coordinator
Dec 15, 2013
Thigh Land
https://www.si.com/college/2020/10/30/nebraska-defies-big-ten-rules-coronavirus-again
Nebraska is in its 10th season as a member of the Big Ten Conference. It has played 78 league games since relocating from the Big 12 (losing 38 of them). And yet the school continues to act like it has no idea how to be a cohesive member.

Are the Cornhuskers slow learners, tone deaf, willfully belligerent or still clinging to an outdated sense of blueblood entitlement?

https://www.si.com/college/2020/10/30/nebraska-defies-big-ten-rules-coronavirus-again
Nebraska is in its 10th season as a member of the Big Ten Conference. It has played 78 league games since relocating from the Big 12 (losing 38 of them). And yet the school continues to act like it has no idea how to be a cohesive member.

Are the Cornhuskers slow learners, tone deaf, willfully belligerent or still clinging to an outdated sense of blueblood entitlement?
Question: Did he write this before or after polishing Kevin Warren’s knob?

What does he say about Barry Alvarez wanting to change the number of days players have to sit out after they all agreed to 21 days? Or was he polishing Barry’s knob too?

He's playing to the crowd. It's a fact that Nebraska is pretty much universally derided by the common football fan outside of our state. Sure, reasonable people who actually have experienced our scene in person know better, but that's not the nationwide narrative. We've done it to ourselves. Fired Solich with Pedey uttering the tone deaf "gravitate into mediocrity" BS. Fell on our face trying to hire a coach and ended up with arrogant failure Callahan. Hired the psychopath Pelini that was literally must-see tv on Sportscenter for years. Joined the BIG with a fair number of our fans assuming we'd be perennial champions with no sweat. We've been providing below average teams with their signature wins every season for a decade. Now this turd slinging over COVID. We've been stepping on our own dicks for 20 years.

We're the national punching bag and it's not going to change until we actually win.

Forde is a F’ing idiot.. Missouri didn’t make stink because the SEC had a plan for canceled games to be postponed..

I have an idea Forde why don’t you write an article about Wisconsin playing Mertz when knowing he had been tested for Covid but yet played in the game..😡

This gas bag was hatched in Colorado. So there's that. He's just trying to stay relevant to someone. I'm not sure who. The whole piece reads like an op-ed from some lazy ****er, that can't even reach the low hanging fruit, he just grabs the shit on the ground that he tripped over.

He's playing to the crowd. It's a fact that Nebraska is pretty much universally derided by the common football fan outside of our state. Sure, reasonable people who actually have experienced our scene in person know better, but that's not the nationwide narrative. We've done it to ourselves. Fired Solich with Pedey uttering the tone deaf "gravitate into mediocrity" BS. Fell on our face trying to hire a coach and ended up with arrogant failure Callahan. Hired the psychopath Pelini that was literally must-see tv on Sportscenter for years. Joined the BIG with a fair number of our fans assuming we'd be perennial champions with no sweat. We've been providing below average teams with their signature wins every season for a decade. Now this turd slinging over COVID. We've been stepping on our own dicks for 20 years.

We're the national punching bag and it's not going to change until we actually win.
To the extent that's true(I don't think it's as pervasive as you think it is), it's because there is a segment of people out there that just love to see previous great teams down. There are always going to be people like that around. I don't think it's anything to do with us specifically. I've also been told by a number of people who have no particular affection for Nebraska that they like it and think college football is better when traditional powers like Nebraska are doing well.

To the extent that's true(I don't think it's as pervasive as you think it is), it's because there is a segment of people out there that just love to see previous great teams down. There are always going to be people like that around. I don't think it's anything to do with us specifically. I've also been told by a number of people who have no particular affection for Nebraska that they like it and think college football is better when traditional powers like Nebraska are doing well.
Most people do not even remember when we were relevant. It has been 23 years...for perspective this is similar to PITT wanting to be respected in 1999 because they won a championship in 1976...nobody cared about Pitt in 1999.

Reactions: LonghornInOmaha
a71f1dcafab2f3d8243f1058cc760b6a.jpg

Most people do not even remember when we were relevant. It has been 23 years...for perspective this is similar to PITT wanting to be respected in 1999 because they won a championship in 1976...nobody cared about Pitt in 1999.
Yes...I’ll give you an example. I have autographed footballs and pics of my brother with the 1994 NC Huskers and Phillips and TO and Frazier all over my basement walls. My 2 youngest children (ages 21 and 17) could really care less. My oldest (24) got something in her blood where she would sit out in 10 degree temps and snow to watch Neb lose by 4 TDs. That’s probably rare.

A more stark comparison with today’s apathy is with myself. From age 14-46...I could write down the 4 deep depth chart for you and let you know where each kid was from, what their 40 time was, what schools recruited them...etc. 4 deep. Now? I couldn’t even write down the names of our 22 starters...and I’m 52. Still love them...but my greatest passion in my life has taken a backseat a bit (obviously) during this decline.

I hope all of that comes back. I used to get in trouble in church because I’d be writing down depth charts on attendance cards during the sermon. At least my wife doesn’t have THAT to get mad at me about anymore. Lol

That was the excuse used of why he was fired, but not the true reason.

Barry Alvarez is a bonafide POS and not a leader of student athletes
That is all
He’s a God Damned good looking man though. I’m aging myself. Modern Problems...Chevy Chase...Dabney Coleman quote 1980-1981ish?

Pat knows how to push our buttons. He's a complete hack. Ignore him at all times. Don't give the bottom feeder the time of day

Reactions: Frozone
Great column. You've got to wonder what the hell Moos, Green, and Frost are trying to pull. Pretending our boys just want to compete more than anybody else may play well to the gaggle of rubes on this board, but for the adults in the room, Forde's viewpoint is reflective of how most rational people OUTSIDE the cabal of GBR thumbsuckers see our actions. Just another roadblock to recruiting. Just another roadblock on the long road to respect. Petulance is never a smart angle.

Great column. You've got to wonder what the hell Moos, Green, and Frost are trying to pull. Pretending our boys just want to compete more than anybody else may play well to the gaggle of rubes on this board, but for the adults in the room, Forde's viewpoint is reflective of how most rational people OUTSIDE the cabal of GBR thumbsuckers see our actions. Just another roadblock to recruiting. Just another roadblock on the long road to respect. Petulance is never a smart angle.

You are so lost. Get help.

ADVERTISEMENT