ADVERTISEMENT

For those who continue to blame Chin’s

newAD

Head Coach
Oct 14, 2007
Omaha
For being the problem with Nebraska, here is Frost’s record as an OC at Oregon and HC at UCF by points scored.

0-19 points- 0-3

20-29 points 3-9

30-39 points 9-2

40 or more 38-1.

Frost’s record at Nebraska not including today’s game as it is not over as I type this.

0-19 points 2-6.

20-29 points 0-9.

30-39 points 3-4.

40 or more 6-0

Who are those 6 wins against?
Bethune Cookman
Northern Illinois
South Alabama
Illinois twice
Maryland

It’s a problem to be 5-27 in games that you score less than 30 in the Big 10. Points are a lot harder in this league. Look at his past results. He must score 30 to have a chance and 40 to almost be guaranteed a victory.

Pretty sure I counted correctly.

For being the problem with Nebraska, here is Frost’s record as an OC at Oregon and HC at UCF by points scored.

0-19 points- 0-3

20-29 points 3-9

30-39 points 9-2

40 or more 38-1.

Frost’s record at Nebraska not including today’s game as it is not over as I type this.

0-19 points 2-6.

20-29 points 0-9.

30-39 points 3-4.

40 or more 6-0

Bethune Cookman
Northern Illinois
South Alabama
Illinois twice
Maryland

It’s a problem to be 5-27 in games that you score less than 30 in the Big 10. Points are a lot harder in this league. Look at his past results. He must score 30 to have a chance and 40 to almost be guaranteed a victory.

Great analysis. Spot on!

I feel pretty confident in saying that if we had a different qb and different play caller we would be a much better team.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
The defense is not the issue. They are constantly put in short field situations due to the offense not flipping the field or turning the ball over.

The offense does no favors torn e defense.Constantly putting them in a position to fail.

The defense is not the issue. They are constantly put in short field situations due to the offense not flipping the field or turning the ball over.

The offense does no favors torn e defense.Constantly putting them in a position to fail.
I've been pretty critical of Chins, but we have seen a ton of improvement on the defense this year.

I wouldnt say chin is that good explain to me why they kept playing zone all game when it suck in the first half hell they played man against Purdue and Purdue had better receivers

Reactions: HuskerBlueDevil
My biggest issue with Chinander's defense is that any time Nebraska gets momentum, the defense IMMEDIATELY, like clockwork, gives that momentum back right away. There's never two offensive positive possessions and defensive positive possessions in a row. When you need them to make a stop on 3rd and long, they give it up 50% of the time. If it is 4th and less than 3, it's an automatic first down for the opposing team. They don't get clutch stops but always make a timely penalty (much like the offense).

The special teams are just poor all the way around that even typing this much isn't worth it.

Frost’s scheme doesn’t work in the B1G because they can tackle in the B1G. All that B.S. side to side play calling worked in the AAC and PAC 12, where tackling is optional. It doesn’t work here and he is an idiot if he thinks it will ever work here.

Frost sucks. We are now living with it.

Reactions: JoelBittner
I wouldnt say chin is that good explain to me why they kept playing zone all game when it suck in the first half hell they played man against Purdue and Purdue had better receivers
The defensive scheme was mind boggling. Insanity is doing the same thing over and over (running zone and getting picked apart) and expecting different results. Finally during Minny's second to last series he went man and brought heat and got the sack. Where had that been for 55 minutes?

Frost offense looks great in practice against his defense.. Nuff said

It gives Frost the delusion that his offense had the best practices of the year.. Hmmm

Chins is just part of a bigger problem..

The defense is the issue. The offense doesn’t have to do the defense any favors. The defense's job is to get stops. Our 2009 offense didn't do our 2009 defense any favors, yet they still got stops. You can't have a below average defense in the Big 10 and expect to win games.

Agreed. The defense would have looked much better out there if the offense just helped them out a bit. Gave up 24 points-- would have been less if we didn't set up the Gophers in such good field position.
He still has some scheme issues, but all 3 levels have shown a ton of improvement over the last year. Our d-line in particular is pretty impressive this year.

I've been pretty critical of Chins, but we have seen a ton of improvement on the defense this year.
Lol where? It's the same below average defense that can't get stops in critical situations it's always been.

The problem is when they run zone on one half, and man on the other half of the field. No idea what this is, but I've seen that multiple times this year and last year.

Frost offense looks great in practice against his defense.. Nuff said

It gives Frost the delusion that his offense had the best practices of the year.. Hmmm

Chins is just part of a bigger problem..
and the defense spars with this janky ass offense. Defense is getting the short end.

We were 9-3 that year and 2-5 this year. What's the difference? Defense.
A historically good defense. So yes, if we can put a defense like that on the field we may be able to still win with a pathetic offense. But improving the offense, would probably be quicker and more realistic.

Reactions: RedMyMind
We were 9-3 that year and 2-5 this year. What's the difference? Defense.

Still drinking from the jar huh? The difference this year is no cupcakes on the schedule. Good defenses every week. Our O can’t convert, and puts the S in bad spots at really bad times. TOP was almost 11 minutes in their favor. It’s real simple, you want to play fast you damn well better score points!

Oh but I suppose the 4 for 13 3rd down conversation rate is Chins fault too?

Reactions: bshirt73
Still drinking from the jar huh? The difference this year is no cupcakes on the schedule. Good defenses every week. Our O can’t convert, and puts the S in bad spots at really bad times. TOP was almost 11 minutes in their favor. It’s real simple, you want to play fast you damn well better score points!

Oh but I suppose the 4 for 13 3rd down conversation rate is Chins fault too?
We haven't played fast since Frost has been here with Adrian as our qb. You're right, most other teams in the Big 10 have good defenses. We don't. It's not surprising why we lose.

The problem is when they run zone on one half, and man on the other half of the field. No idea what this is, but I've seen that multiple times this year and last year.

You’ve been barking about this for awhile now. It’s not the most uncommon thing in the world by any means.

We haven't played fast since Frost has been here with Adrian as our qb. You're right, most other teams in the Big 10 have good defenses. We don't. It's not surprising why we lose.

Thats a false statement. There are currently 6 teams in the BIG below Nebraska in scoring defense. The teams above Nebraska have one thing in common, with the exception of Indiana, that is they avoided Ohio St and didn't get 50 hung on them too.

Nebraska has a long way to go on defense, but take away Ohio St and Illinois (5 turnovers) and the D has put Nebraska in position to win every game. The offense, on the other hand, is flat out garbage.

As fast as he did at UCF? No. Do we try to go uptempo at times, even with Martinez? Yes. We sure as hell aren’t a ball control team, which would help our D stats.

As fast as he did at UCF? No. Do we try to go uptempo at times, even with Martinez? Yes. We sure as hell aren’t a ball control team, which would help our D stats.
Not even close to as fast as what they did at UCF. We sub players in on every play, even when we are in hurry up mode. It makes no sense

Reactions: oldjar07

0-19 points- 0-3

20-29 points 3-9

30-39 points 9-2

40 or more 38-1.

0-19 points 2-6.

20-29 points 0-9.

30-39 points 3-4.

40 or more 6-0

Bethune Cookman
Northern Illinois
South Alabama
Illinois twice
Maryland

Good post. Pure hubris on frosts part to think he was going to dictate to the big ten versus adapting to what would really work against big ten defenses and offenses. Chins is average. In 3 years here I've never seen anything that would make me think he was special. He's never surprised me. Put in a few decent efforts, but very average

Reactions: Redblood23
My biggest issue with Chinander's defense is that any time Nebraska gets momentum, the defense IMMEDIATELY, like clockwork, gives that momentum back right away. There's never two offensive positive possessions and defensive positive possessions in a row. When you need them to make a stop on 3rd and long, they give it up 50% of the time. If it is 4th and less than 3, it's an automatic first down for the opposing team. They don't get clutch stops but always make a timely penalty (much like the offense).

The special teams are just poor all the way around that even typing this much isn't worth it.
When they're in third down and long and need to get off the field, the opponent can convert a pass for first down like clockwork. It's infuriating

The defense is the issue. The offense doesn’t have to do the defense any favors. The defense's job is to get stops. ........
Not exactly true under Scott’s scheme. The offense is supposed to be quick strike and the defense’s primary job is to get the ball back to the offense as fast as possible.

Getting turnovers, playing aggressive, even if you get burned and give up the big play is what is being taught. No fear of failure thing, and it goes hand in hand with the offense. Except our offense isn’t working.

this is polar opposite of the old way where time of possession was valued.. his scheme values # of possessions, not how long you have it.

anyway it is easy to think the defense is giving up too many points, but the scheme is not like the old 17-14 football games of the past

Reactions: newAD
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT