ADVERTISEMENT

For those that don't think McCaffrey can pass

I think you're looking for 'yeah.' As in "Will 'ya' stop substituting ya for yeah?"

Nebraska received a number of poor calls or no calls during the game too.
Luke definitely has the “it” factor and AM has yet to show the “it” factor, all excuses to the side.

Surprisingly I don’t believe AM has thrown for 300 or more yards in a game. Again, no excuses needed. I don’t want to hear them. I only want to know if I am wrong there. But I don’t believe he has thrown for 300 in a game.

Reactions: howie 4 huskers
Luke definitely has the “it” factor and AM has yet to show the “it” factor, all excuses to the side.

Surprisingly I don’t believe AM has thrown for 300 or more yards in a game. Again, no excuses needed. I don’t want to hear them. I only want to know if I am wrong there. But I don’t believe he has thrown for 300 in a game.
I think he had 300+ at Illinois this year.

Surprisingly, he threw for 2 300+ games in 2018 (Purdue and Wisc) as well as 290 vs Ill. In 2019, he threw 300+ vs Ill and 290 vs Co. I guess I will go ahead and be entitled to an excuse now and you will go ahead and listen to them :p

I think most logical Nebraska fans know they caught way more breaks at the end of that game than Iowa. Not. Even. Close
Good grief. To be fair to your post. I posted this before. If I were an iowa fan watching it on TV I would be upset. HOWEVER the TV didn't show many of the replays that they showed at the stadium.

NU got all the calls? Got the replay calls because the original calls went iowas way. The potential game winning drive for NU was killed by an illegal blindside block that was once again a bad call from the officials. Not reviewable and total BS. But that's the way it goes.

Reactions: Hoosker Du
Surprisingly, he threw for 2 300+ games in 2018 (Purdue and Wisc) as well as 290 vs Ill. In 2019, he threw 300+ vs Ill and 290 vs Co. I guess I will go ahead and be entitled to an excuse now and you will go ahead and listen to them :p
I don’t need an excuse. It was a genuine mistake and was asking for if I was looking at it wrong. My “no excuses” statement was in case I was right and people wanted to state a reason why. It’s not what I was looking for nor was it meant to be what i was going towards. However I don’t know why you posted 290 twice, that’s kind of strange cause it isn’t 300 or more. You do realize that right? 290 is less than 300

Our stats from the most recently played game:

Adrian Martinez 10/18 50 yards 0 TD 1 INT
Luke McCaffrey 1/1 39 39.0 yards 1 TD 0 INT

Martinez averaged 2.8 yards per pass attempt.

"It's obvious that people believe in someone that can't get it done. Those players played their asses off yesterday."

- Tommie Frazier (National Championship starting QB 1994, 1995; Big 8 Champion 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995; 3-time Orange Bowl MVP; Fiesta Bowl MVP; East-West Shrine Bowl MVP; Johnny Unitas Award; consensus All-American QB; 1995 Heisman Trophy runner-up; rapper)

I have no issues or worries about Luke McCaffrey. Dude will be a legit baller and he will be every bit as good as his dad and brothers. Dudes a beast. And can’t wait to see him continue to tear Iowa apart for years to come, just like the other McCaffrey.GBR

Last edited:

AM has yet to show the 'It?' What about as a true freshman? Was that chopped liver? I think it was pretty clear that he wasn't full speed for much of this year. I don't know how the QB position will shake out, but it's good to have both of them and Vedral.

Do tell, how was the play totally legal?

get the F_ck over it. Both teams got screwed at times. It wasn’t ONLY Iowa. And yes, we got jobbed pretty bad on that play that just Coincidentally, killed our drive to win the game (imagine that). Then multiple penalties on the Huskers to help Iowa drive down the field for a last second FG. Not to mention all the holding calls that never got called against you guys. Hell one was your guys FB tackling Will Honas in the back field right in front of the white cap...yep...NO CALL. So again, I’m not crying about the refs and neither should you guys. Both teams got jobbed at times. Games over, Iowa won by a last second FG for the second straight year.

And here’s the sad part, Wisconsin beat us but you don’t see their fans living on our boards, OSU Buckeyes beat us and their fans aren’t here, Purdue beat us and their fans never come to our board...but you sad, PATHETIC Iowa fans live on our board constantly with your obsession with the Huskers chiming in every chance you get with your stupid opinions like we give a crap. Like we are going to really listen or believe your bias opinions and smack talk. Stop obsessing over the Huskers and go back to your own boards like all the other BIG 10 fans do. Only Iowa fans...sad.

Edited (added later after some though): note to all the Iowa fans, the past 2 years you guys did beat us. Iowa won and the Huskers lost. AGREED. But you guys beat a horrible team (4-8 and 5-7) with a very last second FG, 2 straight years. Twice a bad Husker team took you guys to the wire and you guys had to pull off last second FGs just to win. I’d watch what I say now because once Frost fields a good to solid team... look out. You guys are barely beating bad Husker teams. Can you imagine what it’s going to be like when the Huskers are fielding a decent to good team? Can you say Huskers blowing out Iowa??? It’s coming...like it or not, it’s on its way....Frost is loading up the talent here and Iowa’s time is coming. Don’t be pissed when ever single Husker blows you guys a kiss after we beat you guys and run the score up. That part will never be forgotten...GBR

Last edited:
get the F_ck over it. Both teams got screwed at times. It wasn’t ONLY Iowa. And yes, we got jobbed pretty bad on that play that just Coincidentally, killed our drive to win the game (imagine that). Then multiple penalties on the Huskers to help Iowa drive down the field for a last second FG. Not to mention all the holding calls that never got called against you guys. Hell one was your guys FB tackling Will Honas in the back field right in front of the white cap...yep...NO CALL. So again, I’m not crying about the refs and neither should you guys. Both teams got jobbed at times. Games over, Iowa won by a last second FG for the second straight year.

And here’s the sad part, Wisconsin beat us but you don’t see their fans living on our boards, OSU Buckeyes beat us and their fans aren’t here, Purdue beat us and their fans never come to our board...but you sad, PATHETIC Iowa fans live on our board constantly with your obsession with the Huskers chiming in every chance you get with your stupid opinions like we give a crap. Like we are going to really listen or believe your bias opinions and smack talk. Stop obsessing over the Huskers and go back to your own boards like all the other BIG 10 fans do. Only Iowa fans...sad.

Edited (added later after some though): note to all the Iowa fans, the past 2 years you guys did beat us. Iowa won and the Huskers lost. AGREED. But you guys beat a horrible team (4-8 and 5-7) with a very last second FG, 2 straight years. Twice a bad Husker team took you guys to the wire and you guys had to pull off last second FGs just to win. I’d watch what I say now because once Frost fields a good to solid team... look out. You guys are barely beating bad Husker teams. Can you imagine what it’s going to be like when the Huskers are fielding a decent to good team? Can you say Huskers blowing out Iowa??? It’s coming...like it or not, it’s on its way....Frost is loading up the talent here and Iowa’s time is coming. Don’t be pissed when ever single Husker blows you guys a kiss after we beat you guys and run the score up. That part will never be forgotten...GBR
Sad look being up at 3am still worried about a kicker blowing kisses. Last yr huskers were the "4-7 team that NO ONE wanted to play!" Lolz

Nice rant. I am still curious about the post I initially responded to which asserted the play was totally legal. I'll hang up and listen now...

Nice rant. I am still curious about the post I initially responded to which asserted the play was totally legal. I'll hang up and listen now...

took long enough, actually surprised it took as long as it did considering how often you guys live on our board. If someone didn’t know any better, you’d think this was an Iowa board. And I did go a bit overboard with my rant. Just making a point now that you guys are barely beating a bad to horrible Husker team with last second FGs...just wait and imagine what it’s going to be like when the Huskers are fielding a solid to good team??? Yep...spells trouble for Iowa.

Again, makes no difference. You guys will have your opinions on it and we will have ours. But we should ALL agree both teams got screwed at times. It was never ONLY Iowa or never ONLY the Huskers. BOTH teams did. BIG 10 refs need to be fired and new refs should be hired...they are absolutely horrible. Games over, another Last second FG win. The ugly, blow out wins are gone with Mike Riley...Until our next game...GBR

Last edited:
McCaffrey did great but it was in small sample size of 12 passes. We don't watch the practices to see how he does. I would think Frost will want to put the best guy on the field next year. Does not have the will redshirt McCaffrey excuse next year. My concern is if Martinez was playing with a bad shoulder was he better than Vedral. Probably since Vedral didn't make enough big plays to win when he got his opportunity.

McCaffrey did great but it was in small sample size of 12 passes. We don't watch the practices to see how he does. I would think Frost will want to put the best guy on the field next year. Does not have the will redshirt McCaffrey excuse next year. My concern is if Martinez was playing with a bad shoulder was he better than Vedral. Probably since Vedral didn't make enough big plays to win when he got his opportunity.

I have nothing but respect for Vedral. But from here on out, the only way Vedral plays before McCaffrey is if Luke gets hurt. Vedral is about to slowly fall down the depth chart over the next few years with Logan Smothers coming in and McCaffrey gaining more experience.

Last edited:
took long enough, actually surprised it took as long as it did considering how often you guys live on our board. If someone didn’t know any better, you’d think this was an Iowa board. And I did go a bit overboard with my rant. Just making a point now that you guys are barely beating a bad to horrible Husker team with last second FGs...just wait and imagine what it’s going to be like when the Huskers are fielding a solid to good team??? Yep...spells trouble for Iowa.

Again, makes no difference. You guys will have your opinions on it and we will have ours. But we should ALL agree both teams got screwed at times. It was never ONLY Iowa or never ONLY the Huskers. BOTH teams did. BIG 10 refs need to be fired and new refs should be hired...they are absolutely horrible. Games over, another Last second FG win. The ugly, blow out wins are gone with Mike Riley...Until our next game...GBR
Agreed there were missed/bad calls for both sides. Still waiting for the rationale as to how the lineman, er, linemen, downfield on that play was totally legal.

Agreed there were missed/bad calls for both sides. Still waiting for the rationale as to how the lineman, er, linemen, downfield on that play was totally legal.

just can’t help yourself can you. We both agree both teams got screwed. Not one or the other but both. And you’re still hammering away on one play. Honestly, I don’t remember which okay you’re even talking about anymore. Regardless, makes no difference, bad call or good call...they more Then evened out at the games end. Time to let it go and prepare for and root for our teams for the future.

ADVERTISEMENT