ADVERTISEMENT

For those that don't think McCaffrey can pass

Suhrreal

Defensive Coordinator
Jun 1, 2009
Our stats from the most recently played game:

Adrian Martinez 10/18 50 yards 0 TD 1 INT
Luke McCaffrey 1/1 39 39.0 yards 1 TD 0 INT

Martinez averaged 2.8 yards per pass attempt.

"It's obvious that people believe in someone that can't get it done. Those players played their asses off yesterday."

- Tommie Frazier (National Championship starting QB 1994, 1995; Big 8 Champion 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995; 3-time Orange Bowl MVP; Fiesta Bowl MVP; East-West Shrine Bowl MVP; Johnny Unitas Award; consensus All-American QB; 1995 Heisman Trophy runner-up; rapper)

"It's obvious that people believe in someone that can't get it done. Those players played their asses off yesterday."

- Tommie Frazier (National Championship starting QB 1994, 1995; Big 8 Champion 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995; 3-time Orange Bowl MVP; Fiesta Bowl MVP; East-West Shrine Bowl MVP; Johnny Unitas Award; consensus All-American QB; 1995 Heisman Trophy runner-up; rapper)

That's only 1 pass attempt. Luke needs to work on his accuracy, arm strength and release. He's got his wheels goin for him which is biggest strength right now. Smothers assuming he's healed by the time spring ball starts is pretty much gonna be the one to challenge Martinez from day 1. He has the arm and is the fastest in the QB room and yes he is faster than McCaffrey and is very elusive. You don't teach that kind of speed and his HS runs a very similar type of Offense as ours and has the playbook to study.

Jun 27, 2018 - Gallery: Athens quarterback Logan Smothers. Comment ... TDs on 110 carries. Logan was clocked at 4.48 in the 40-yard dash at Ohio State.

That was his Jr year and shaved off some of that time over the following which is this year. Think Taylor Martinez.

https://www.al.com/sports/2018/06/logan_smothers.html

Reactions: TheBeav815

Well, that certainly seems like a large sample size. :rolleyes:

Do we think that Martinez has completely forgotten how to pass the ball after completing 65% last season? I would guess that having to chase down every snap and having people in your face for the entire first half of the season had something to do with him having a less than spectacular year.

Well, that certainly seems like a large sample size. :rolleyes:

Do we think that Martinez has completely forgotten how to pass the ball after completing 65% last season? I would guess that having to chase down every snap and having people in your face for the entire first half of the season had something to do with him having a less than spectacular year.
Whoa, whoa, whoa... don’t try reason, it has no place here!!!!

giphy.gif

Let the Quarterback Battle Begin!!!!!!!

Not to ruffle any feathers or open wounds but that play that McCaffery made should have been a flag. You had linemen 5 yards downfield blocking that made the corner come up.

I don’t read every post, some of you clearly do. Could someone shoot me a link real quick to someone saying Luke can’t pass? There must be a bunch of them, I’m sure I’ve just missed it.

In Frazier's accomplishments, you forgot his 3-17 record as a head coach at Doane

Not a fan of the stat comparison with that sample size, it's not a good argument.

I do like how #7 looks as he operates though.

The latest film on Logan looks pretty good too, although I have been a critic of his passing when he was younger, it does seem improved.

I think #2 does an okay job at passing at times, and can hit a big play from time to time, I just don't like his indecisiveness and think his short range passing is quite bad. His deep passing leaves a lot to be desired too. Sort of an intermediate guy at the sidelines at best.

I don't know if Frost makes a change or not. I hope so, as I would highly value a change in leadership at the position. That part of what Tommie says I completely agree with.

1 pass - completed. That settles it -he can pass! C'mon, man..... I was waiting for the punch line.

Not to ruffle any feathers or open wounds but that play that McCaffery made should have been a flag. You had linemen 5 yards downfield blocking that made the corner come up.
I’m sure you will be thinking of that play in 20 years. Rent free you moron. Go away.

I like McCaffrey's chances of winning the QB job this spring, but emphasis on win the QB job. Nothing he's done in limited action, good or bad, convinces me that McCaffrey should be the starter. I just like his chances, unless Martinez can rebound.

That's only 1 pass attempt. Luke needs to work on his accuracy, arm strength and release. He's got his wheels goin for him which is biggest strength right now. Smothers assuming he's healed by the time spring ball starts is pretty much gonna be the one to challenge Martinez from day 1. He has the arm and is the fastest in the QB room and yes he is faster than McCaffrey and is very elusive. You don't teach that kind of speed and his HS runs a very similar type of Offense as ours and has the playbook to study.

Jun 27, 2018 - Gallery: Athens quarterback Logan Smothers. Comment ... TDs on 110 carries. Logan was clocked at 4.48 in the 40-yard dash at Ohio State.

That was his Jr year and shaved off some of that time over the following which is this year. Think Taylor Martinez.

Wow.....are you serious? If Smothers is as fast as TMart was (on the field, with cleats, helmets, shoulder pads, ect) he's for damn sure running at Warp 4. Holy Moly....I remember well watching TMart leaving the opponent's secondary in the dust over & over again. His acceleration was simply insane.

Anyways, as you say, McCaffrey isn't quite "that" fast but he's still damn quick for sure. Somehow they "both" need to play.

Reactions: sotaboy

I think you're addressing an assumed issue no one has at this time. I haven't heard anyone complaining about Luke's play, in fact, just the opposite. Let's just hope the coaches have an open mind this Spring to allow all the guys to compete in a fair manner. Maybe Martinez will win out and maybe he'll be benched. Let's see results on the field. No one player though is bigger than the team.

Not to ruffle any feathers, but the ridiculous 'blindside block' penalty on our last offensive series more than likely won the game for Iowa. Be thankful that horseshit call was made, because otherwise you probably lose the game.

BTW, can you somehow take Chinander back, and put him in any type of job at the University of Iowa? Anything at all! We don't care, as long as we can get him off Nebraska's campus.

Reactions: steelclaw
"No one player is bigger than the team."

RedCap can you make that feeling known to the coaches? Thanks

Not to ruffle any feathers, but the ridiculous 'blindside block' penalty on our last offensive series more than likely won the game for Iowa. Be thankful that horseshit call was made, because otherwise you probably lose the game.

BTW, can you somehow take Chinander back, and put him in any type of job at the University of Iowa? Anything at all! We don't care, as long as we can get him off Nebraska's campus.

I think most logical Nebraska fans know they caught way more breaks at the end of that game than Iowa. Not. Even. Close

Frazier makes a good point, but he is a few years behind the times. Back in 2001, he should have posted about how great Mike Stuntz was. For the year, he had 100% completion with a 63 yard average per pass. Every pass he threw was a touchdown. He should have started over Crouch. Stuntz could have been our best quarterback ever.

Obviously sample size makes a huge difference. I'm not implying McCaffrey is bad. I think he'll develop into a great quarterback.

And Tommie completed a whopping 47.5% for his career. He did win games though.

He’s T-Mart with a football IQ.

Reactions: Wyldcard
I think most logical Nebraska fans know they caught way more breaks at the end of that game than Iowa. Not. Even. Close
It was a good game. Two FGs separate the teams under Frost. Iowa has excellent STs.

The blindside block call was the worst of the game. By far. It more than likely changed the outcome of the game.

Lol ya right, we got all the calls quit with this bs

I think you're looking for 'yeah.' As in "Will 'ya' stop substituting ya for yeah?"

Nebraska received a number of poor calls or no calls during the game too.

QB Depth is going to be insane this upcoming season especially if Vedral stays. Hope we can take advantage.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT