ADVERTISEMENT

For the dedicated baseball fan

OmahaSker

Senior
Gold Member
Aug 6, 2015
so I never really cared for baseball until I got to witness us sweep Texas last year on tv. This season I wanted to get more into our baseball team and was wondering how easy it is to watch the huskers. Does BTN do every game or just some?

Reactions: RobsterMobster
BTN does some. Usually between BTN, NET and ESPN you get to see about 1/3 of the games. Not great, but not terrible. You pay for the internet subscription via huskers.com and pretty much get that up to 85%, but the production quality is way less.

We all lament the BTN coverage of B1G baseball. They play a lot of lacross and women's soccer instead.

They could easily double their coverage (even if they had an 'A' production and a 'B' production).

They have (to their credit) increased the coverage every year. Here's hoping they take a big leap forward this year.

Reactions: OmahaSker
so I never really cared for baseball until I got to witness us sweep Texas last year on tv. This season I wanted to get more into our baseball team and was wondering how easy it is to watch the huskers. Does BTN do every game or just some?
Figured I'd give you a heads up, a lot of home games will be listed at the beginning of the season for HuskersNSide online streaming (all of the home games not picked up by BTN, NET, etc., I believe). Coverage of those games are subject to change if one of the broadcast companies decide to pick them up. So if you are licking your chops at the beginning of the season seeing a bunch of games listed for HuskersNSide and buy a subscription, do not be surprised if you aren't able to watch them because BTN or NET picked them up. Obviously if you live in Nebraska, you'll be able to get the NET games over the air, but the BTN games require a cable/satellite package and BTN Plus and BTN2Go require a subscription. Just what I've observed the last couple years, such is the nature of third-tier media rights.

Glad video feeds of the games are being distributed, but very frustrating to buy a subscription to one service only to have games you think you've already paid to watch be moved to another fee/subscription-based distributor. BTN and NET will pick a couple games at the beginning of the season, but they also can pick up games within a few days of their scheduled date.

That being said, BTN will pick up additional games in the middle of a season when a team is doing well, obviously. So I hope a ton of Husker games get picked up during the season, would mean we are having a successful season.

Most (not all) Husker Baseball games are televised or streamed.
You will need to get subscriptions to...
- HuskersNside
- BTN Plus
Many fans complain about the extra subscriptions, but a one month subscription is less than a single game ticket. Depends how you look at it. I still get the subscriptions to watch most of the away baseball games. And if worst comes to worst.... the Husker radio network does an excellent job describing the games (even when you're at the game or watching on a screen).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT