ADVERTISEMENT

Football on Tuesday Night: Logan Smothers, Liberty vs Jacksonville State.

Badger Pete

Walk On
Dec 22, 2013
I thought Jamie Chadwell’s Liberty University would boat-race JSU. Jacksonville State’s D has kept them in the game.

Rich-Rod is the head coach of Jacksonville (talk about a fall from grace). #2 ranked West Virginia, then to Michigan, etc, etc, and now at Jacksonville State. They are 5-1 so good for him.

While I have nothing but good wishes for Logan Smothers (and am rooting for him in the game), I am so glad he left so HH could start his progression upward.

LS has a very weak arm, throws into double coverage, and is not nearly the runner that HH is.

For those interested, the game is on ESPNU. Rich-Rod just pulled Smothers, but he will be back in because they run a 2-QB platoon system.

End of the 3rd: Liberty 17-13 over Jacksonville. I love both offenses, but both can’t execute. The under was the sure bet tonight.

liberty is a really solid outfit. excellent running game and back. they remind me of boise in years gone by and will be a tough out for any p5 team in bowl season. not sure why coach chadwell hasn't gotten a p5 job? baylor awaits, i would guess.

But yet, many were screaming for Smothers here. Maybe the coaches did know something, maybe....
Nobody was screaming for him. I wanted him to stay for bench depth. He had a ~70% pass completion 5 TD game with a great throw for a 2 pt conversion last week to force OT. Rallied his team from 2 scores down to an overtime win.

Reactions: Badger Pete
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT