ADVERTISEMENT

Fong bomb!

Jeez, what a stupid "theory".

Sucks for teams like us. Bama isn’t getting the top players anymore and they are now dropping down the lower end of the Top 100 to Top 250 range to get their targets (players we tend to get). Clemson, LSU, Georgia, OSU, OU, USC, Oregon and teams like that are starting to shut Bama out.

Last edited:
again, I wouldn't even know where to start when trying to get to another teams' board, much less care enough to burn calories doing so.

if your first choice is to root for a team other than NU, I really have no need for your opinions.

hit the bricks, losers!

Reactions: huskerssalts
again, I wouldn't even know where to start when trying to get to another teams' board, much less care enough to burn calories doing so.

if your first choice is to root for a team other than NU, I really have no need for your opinions.

hit the bricks, losers!

I actually agree, I don’t care to see or read a biased view of our very own team and what’s going on with us. We already know what’s going on, what we are or aren’t doing and so on. We definitely don’t need to hear some Iowa fans or Wisconsin fans view of it.

Last edited:
I have to ask because I agree with him on the trolls. Is it that boring on your teams site that you actually like being on here just do what your doing? Honestly? Like him, I don’t see the fun in going to another fan bases recruiting site.
I've been working from home for 4 weeks with 3 monitors and roughly 5-7 webex's a day. I have plenty of time for spamming multiple websites. Currently I'm sitting on a call that has absolutely nothing to do with my state or even the style of management Iowa has in place as our company is transitioning business models. In layman's terms, I'm bored with a ton of internet access.

(Valid question though)

Not a good look for our staff. We might have 5 D1 players per year from the state of Nebraska and we can’t even land all 5? Not like we have another instate team to compete against.
There are consequences for being gawd awful. Frosty has lost a ton of close games...when kids are choosing between 10-15 schools...record matters and the farther Frost gets from UCF the more underwhelming he appears. Minnesota also has momentum and their situation looks really good. I would always be skeptical of speed guys coming out of Nebraska...if you stick Avante in Alabama, Georgia, Florida is he still a 4 star? Guys in the south can run, but also hit, and make plays on the ball. You just won't know with a nebraska kid until they show it against competition, and by then it is too late.

Sucks for teams like us. Bama isn’t getting the top players anymore and they are now dropping down the lower end of the Top 100 to Top 250 range to get their targets (players we tend to get). Clemson, LSU, Georgia, OSU, OU, USC, Oregon and teams like that are starting to shut Bama out.

Lay down the crack pipe....

that’s easy, Minnesota is literally a stepping stone school and team. If Fleck keeps winning and winning big...then it’s only a matter of time before a team like Bama, USC or some of those big time schools come after him.

And don’t Mistake it, if Brohm starts killing it, it’s a matter of time before a big time school comes after him too.

The winning the West part will get harder, sooner then you realize. Teams like Purdue and Maryland have been recruiting at high level. And the Huskers are close to turning that corner and when we do...recruiting Top 15 in country will change and then you will see us hitting Top 10 or higher on a regular basis. Frost is hitting Top 15 range while going 4-8 and 5-7, just imagine how he does while going 8-4 to 11-2? Plus side is Iowa is about to lose Kirk Ferentz to retirement. It’s a matter of time now at 65 years old. he will hand the keys to his son...then Iowa falls off the face of the earth.

I still don't get this argument. It's a Big Deal to be a coach in the B1G and not very often a stepping stone. Money galore (both coaches salaries & facilities) and a decent chance to get to Indy each year if you're competitive in the west. Yes, coaches could be coveted enough to get a SEC offer but do they have realistic shot down there. Bielema found out the hard way, guessing others will see that as well. Now if we were in B1G east division it would make more sense to leave murderers row. The other conferences can't compete with overall compensation of the B1G so would take an extraordinary offer/circumstance to lure them away and those offers are limited. Look at what Michigan State paid Mel Tucker and his assistants compared to what Colorado paid, it's not even close.

I still don't get this argument. It's a Big Deal to be a coach in the B1G and not very often a stepping stone. Money galore (both coaches salaries & facilities) and a decent chance to get to Indy each year if you're competitive in the west. Yes, coaches could be coveted enough to get a SEC offer but do they have realistic shot down there. Bielema found out the hard way, guessing others will see that as well. Now if we were in B1G east division it would make more sense to leave murderers row. The other conferences can't compete with overall compensation of the B1G so would take an extraordinary offer/circumstance to lure them away and those offers are limited. Look at what Michigan State paid Mel Tucker and his assistants compared to what Colorado paid, it's not even close.
Speaking of.

only a moron would claim the Minnesota Gophers is Flecks dream job. Now you guys really do sound like the UCF fans. If...that’s IF Fleck keeps winning he WILL leave for a big name school and football program. I love watching teams fans claim their Head Coach’s won’t leave and all that because now I get to book mark this and when it happens...it’s time to eat crow.

Fleck isn't going anywhere. Period. End of story. There's no reason to leave. None. Money, ability to win big, family ties....nothing. No reason to leave. And no, he's not Catholic and he doesn't like Notre Dame.

He's already making $4.6M. Only 8 coaches make over $5M. And only Swinney and Saban make over $7.5M. Minnesota can match that easily.

Fleck isn't going anywhere. Period. End of story. There's no reason to leave. None. Money, ability to win big, family ties....nothing. No reason to leave. And no, he's not Catholic and he doesn't like Notre Dame.

He's already making $4.6M. Only 8 coaches make over $5M. And only Swinney and Saban make over $7.5M. Minnesota can match that easily.
You absolutely may be right. I could see him staying quite awhile as long as his trajectory continues to go up.

But how can you say he isn’t going anywhere? Period? Are you his advisor? You and @Laurentdalmeida want so badly for this to be true. I agree it could be true, but unless you are a part of his inner circle, the truth is you know about as much as I do what Fleck will ultimately do.

The way I see it, this is a safe play for you. Go ahead and tell us in no uncertain terms that Fleck isn’t going anywhere. If he doesn’t, you can come back with the “I told you so” mantra for years. If he does leave you just disappear from here because this isn’t your board anyway.

Either way, who on this board really cares? And why do you feel compelled to tell us husker fans what PJ will or will not do?

You absolutely may be right. I could see him staying quite awhile as long as his trajectory continues to go up.

But how can you say he isn’t going anywhere? Period? Are you his advisor? You and @Laurentdalmeida want so badly for this to be true. I agree it could be true, but unless you are a part of his inner circle, the truth is you know about as much as I do what Fleck will ultimately do.

The way I see it, this is a safe play for you. Go ahead and tell us in no uncertain terms that Fleck isn’t going anywhere. If he doesn’t, you can come back with the “I told you so” mantra for years. If he does leave you just disappear from here because this isn’t your board anyway.

Either way, who on this board really cares? And why do you feel compelled to tell us husker fans what PJ will or will not do?
Nobody but Fleck (and maybe his wife) knows what Fleck is thinking. This guy certainly doesn't know.

Nobody but Fleck (and maybe his wife) knows what Fleck is thinking. This guy certainly doesn't know.

PJ likes his house on Lake Minnetonka for sure, but this might not be his scene on the video. I recall that Kevin Garnett, Randy Moss, Jimmy Jam and many "new money" people liked to join the blue bloods (Cargills, Macmillans ect) out on that lake.

Last edited:
I have to ask because I agree with him on the trolls. Is it that boring on your teams site that you actually like being on here just do what your doing? Honestly? Like him, I don’t see the fun in going to another fan bases recruiting site.

So you’re on the Iowa site right now arguing with everyone because...

So you’re on the Iowa site right now arguing with everyone because...

No I’m right here my man. And so what If I stopped by for the first time 3 months (actually it may be closer to 4 months). The K Johnson talk caught my eye and I responded back to their misinformed info on 24/7 and Wiltfong predicting Iowa. I was there for a whole 5 minutes. And there’s no arguments going on, they disliked me correcting them and got nothing but hateful BS posted back. But I get it, Iowa fans aren’t used to Husker fans stopping by and posting our opinions and thoughts. It’s usually Iowa fans camping on our boards.

it makes me laugh though, Iowa fans absolutely live and camp our boards nonstop for over a year Now and occasionally a Husker fan travels over to the Iowa board and gives them crap right back and what happens next? You run back to the Husker board crying to Husker fans about Husker fans giving Iowa fans crap on their Iowa board...classic. You can’t make that crap up.

Last edited:
Fleck just biding his time and taking a big paycheck while waiting for Mike Zimmer to flame out so he can take over the Vikings, at which time I will become a fan of his. He knows the row the boat crap won't cut it in the NFL, so he's working on his next tagline

Fleck just biding his time and taking a big paycheck while waiting for Mike Zimmer to flame out so he can take over the Vikings, at which time I will become a fan of his. He knows the row the boat crap won't cut it in the NFL, so he's working on his next tagline
I’d really like to see him try to get NFL players to row the boat.

Actually on Twitter I had a Minnesota fan PM me proceed to tell me the “Huskers can’t recruit (lmfao) and the Huskers need to leave the BIG 10 because we are a disgrace”. I was like “really, Huskers can’t recruit” and I posted our past Top 15 and Top 18 team recruiting rankings the past 2 seasons and I said “yeah, appears we can’t recruit at all, eh?”.

Now it’s funny seeing a Gopher fans giving Husker fans crap about being a disgrace to the BIG 10. We have had a down 4-5 seasons but I’m more then confident Minnesota has been down A LOT longer then the Huskers have and Minnesota had 3 9 plus win season in 30-40 YEARS. I figured I’d share...it’s just funny seeing a team have a good season in decades and then they suddenly think their all elite and can give other team fan bases crap like that.

Last edited:
Actually on Twitter I had a Minnesota fan PM me proceed to tell me the “Huskers can’t recruit (lmfao) and the Huskers need to leave the BIG 10 because we are a disgrace”. I was like “really, Huskers can’t recruit” and I posted our past Top 15 and Top 18 team recruiting rankings the past 2 seasons and I said “yeah, appears we can’t recruit at all, eh?”.

Now it’s funny seeing a Gopher fans giving Husker fans crap about being a disgrace to the BIG 10. We have had a down 4-5 seasons but I’m more then confident Minnesota has been down A LOT longer then the Huskers have and Minnesota had 3 9 plus win season in 30-40 decades. I figured I’d share...it’s just funny seeing a team have a good season in decades and then they suddenly think their all elite and can give other team fan bases crap like that.
Recruiting rankings and first round draft picks are cool and all but did you see some of those swim suits?

122-1229388_clip-art-cartoon-alien-faces-alien-smiley-face.png

Reactions: huskerssalts

Now it’s funny seeing a Gopher fans giving Husker fans crap about being a disgrace to the BIG 10. We have had a down 4-5 seasons but I’m more then confident Minnesota has been down A LOT longer then the Huskers have and Minnesota had 3 9 plus win season in 30-40 decades. I figured I’d share...it’s just funny seeing a team have a good season in decades and then they suddenly think their all elite and can give other team fan bases crap like that.
They have beat us exactly one time in a row. Which is a huge accomplishment for a program like Minnesota.

No doubt. That’s the other part, it’s like come on Minnesota fans...at least win a couple times before popping off. Or better yet, be better then the Iowa fans and act like you been there before. You know?
What are you talking about? They had a historic season, in which they finished third in the division. Only an amazing program and god’s gift to coaching could pull of such a feat. What are they going to do, not run to other teams message boards and talk crap? Show some respect to this amazing accomplishment.

What are you talking about? They had a historic season, in which they finished third in the division. Only an amazing program and god’s gift to coaching could pull of such a feat. What are they going to do, not run to other teams message boards and talk crap? Show some respect to this amazing accomplishment.

My bad, you’re dead on. This Past season was equal to winning a national title for them (even though they didn’t even win the BIG 10 title or even the division).

No doubt. That’s the other part, it’s like come on Minnesota fans...at least win a couple times before popping off. Or better yet, be better then the Iowa fans and act like you been there before. You know?
Iowa has earned the trash talk. Minnie, not so much.

Finished third in the division? Gophers were co champs of the West and lost the tiebreaker.

Reactions: TheWayITellEm
Finished third in the division? Gophers were co champs of the West and lost the tiebreaker.

You guys and your CLAIMING things. Wisconsin won the west and it showed in the BIG 10 title when they played OSU Buckeyes and not Minnesota. I agree Wisconsin and Iowa both are above Minnesota last year in the west considering both owned you guys...Now....buh-bye.

Not claiming anything. Facts are facts. Wisconsin won the tiebreaker. Same record of 7-2 genius.

And Wisconsin and Iowa both owned you guys head to head and in my opinion makes them above you guys...now those are FACTS genius. I’ll give you that, Minnesota had the 1 game better record then Iowa but you guys didn’t win the west, that’s Wisconsin’s.

Iowa was 6-3, clearly finished below us dumbass. But they were still far clear of your lowly team.

I said in my opinion Iowa was better then you guys because they hammered you guys head to head and the only reason you guys had a 1 game better record is due to your cup cake schedule. Now thanks for the name calling, makes it very easy to get you banned now ;)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT