ADVERTISEMENT

Fong bomb!

I certainly couldn't tell you who said what as I'm just a fan that pays attention on social media.

Now I know who to reach out to if I want the down low on conversations that have occurred between recruiters and players. So that's good. Thank you.

I never claimed to be inside expert but then again it doesn’t take one to know no one is walking away from a Top 100 talent like TJ Bollers. Only way some does is if that player says hey, I’m not going there. End of story.

I certainly couldn't tell you who said what as I'm just a fan that pays attention on social media.
every time iowa fan sees a recruit on social media:

tenor.gif

I never claimed to be inside expert but then again it doesn’t take one to know no one is walking away from a Top 100 talent like TJ Bollers. Only way some does is if that player says hey, I’m not going there. End of story.
Most people know how selective the Iowa staff can be when recruiting players. Now I'm not saying this is the case, but, it is absolutely possible that a staff chooses to distance themselves from a top 100 player and it could happen for a number of reasons i.e. attitude problem, attention-seeker, not a good "culture" fit.

Again, TJ may have been the one to cut ties but it could certainly be the opposite.

Most people know how selective the Iowa staff can be when recruiting players. Now I'm not saying this is the case, but, it is absolutely possible that a staff chooses to distance themselves from a top 100 player and it could happen for a number of reasons i.e. attitude problem, attention-seeker, not a good "culture" fit.

Again, TJ may have been the one to cut ties but it could certainly be the opposite.
I agree that a top 100 player joining iowa would be a serious culture shock.

I really don't think this is the case here. I think it's as simple as the kid wants to play in the 3-4. That's why he likes Nebraska, Wisconsin, Alabama, Stanford, etc. Not much Iowa can do in a case like this, really.

Reactions: SWIowahawks
I really don't think this is the case here. I think it's as simple as the kid wants to play in the 3-4. That's why he likes Nebraska, Wisconsin, Alabama, Stanford, etc. Not much Iowa can do in a case like this, really.
Well there ya go. I heard all that 3-4 defensive scheme chatter over several months. Both sides probably decided it wasn't a good fit and went in different directions. Done deal.

Well there ya go. I heard all that 3-4 defensive scheme chatter over several months. Both sides probably decided it wasn't a good fit and went in different directions. Done deal.

I think you mean Bollers decided it was best and when Iowa figured out what his intentions was, agreed. But not because they didn’t want him, but because there just wasn’t anyway around it. It’s ok to admit when a player doesn’t want to play for your team. It happens to every team in the country and it happens to my Huskers. It is fine my man. Trust me ;)

I think you mean Bollers decided it was best and when Iowa figured out what his intentions was, agreed. But not because they didn’t want him, but because there just wasn’t anyway around it. It’s ok to admit when a player doesn’t want to play for your team. It happens to every team in the country and it happens to my Huskers. It is fine my man. Trust me ;)
I can tell you are desperately seeking to have the upper hand in this discussion and I'll let you have it because I don't know what actually happened in the Iowa / TJ Bollers recruitment.

Food for thought iowa trolls:
Since the late 60s, my lifetime, Nebraska football has been to the top and only recently fallen on really hard times.

Late 60s through roughly 2001, Nebraska football was one of the top 5 programs in college football. Nebraska football only lost 1 game in that time frame to Iowa, winning 5 and losing 1.

2002-2014 - Nebraska football fell back from its days of dominance and iowa has had many of the best years in its program history. It’s debatable which program was better in the majority of those years, but Nebraska does hold the head to head advantage winning 3 and losing one (the only loss being a game where Nebraska started a 3rd string walk on QB).

2015-2019 Iowa has been the better program.

So, take your 5 years and GTFO. RollingLaugh

Reactions: headcard
I can tell you are desperately seeking to have the upper hand in this discussion and I'll let you have it because I don't know what actually happened in the Iowa / TJ Bollers recruitment.
I don’t think regular people “know” what happened. But here’s the thing. When a top 100 player doesn’t even sniff the home state school, most fans will be a little more up in arms, not quite so indifferent as you are right now.

Just my thoughts.

Food for thought iowa trolls:
Since the late 60s, my lifetime, Nebraska football has been to the top and only recently fallen on really hard times.

Late 60s through roughly 2001, Nebraska football was one of the top 5 programs in college football. Nebraska football only lost 1 game in that time frame to Iowa, winning 5 and losing 1.

2002-2014 - Nebraska football fell back from its days of dominance and iowa has had many of the best years in its program history. It’s debatable which program was better in the majority of those years, but Nebraska does hold the head to head advantage winning 3 and losing one (the only loss being a game where Nebraska started a 3rd string walk on QB).

2015-2019 Iowa has been the better program.

So, take your 5 years and GTFO. RollingLaugh
Hopefully Frost will get us back to the late 60s to 2001 level. If for no other reason than to shut these clowns up.

HawkInArk said:

Came out with his top 6 on the 7th, yes, and I'm telling you that Iowa was not pursuing Bollers up until that point.

Pretty consistent chatter on our boards about him for several months and it became clear long ago that TJ and our staff were not on the same page. So, Bollers not being a Hawkeye is old news. Nobody in their right mind recently thought he'd choose Iowa.

If that’s the case then it’s because TJ told him he wasn’t going there. Not Iowa not wanting him, that’s for sure. But I do get you, it’s been a Huskers vs Wisconsin battle for him for awhile now.
[/quote]

https://n.rivals.com/news/ranking-the-contenders-t-j-bollers

HawkInArk said:

I don’t think regular people “know” what happened. But here’s the thing. When a top 100 player doesn’t even sniff the home state school, most fans will be a little more up in arms, not quite so indifferent as you are right now.

Just my thoughts.
[/quote]
That’s fair. Maybe if he would have cut Iowa out on a list a couple months ago. But like HawkinArk said, there have been a lot of rumblings about the disconnect for quite a while so it wasn’t a surprise like Dickerson committing to Minnesota.

Reactions: timnsun

Just my thoughts.
That’s fair. Maybe if he would have cut Iowa out on a list a couple months ago. But like HawkinArk said, there have been a lot of rumblings about the disconnect for quite a while so it wasn’t a surprise like Dickerson committing to Minnesota.[/QUOTE]
Totally agree with you on that. Dickerson was such a shock. I suppose when the instate kid makes it known early on, the sting isn’t there as much. The shocking thing to me is that his dad went to iowa, so I would have thought he would have at least had them in his top 6...

Us not getting Burrow, not even trying to get him, whose whole family practically played at nebraska, didn’t sit well with us fans. That’s where I would think Iowa fans might be a little more upset about this. Not saying that makes us better fans, I just would be more bothered by this.

If that’s the case then it’s because TJ told him he wasn’t going there. Not Iowa not wanting him, that’s for sure. But I do get you, it’s been a Huskers vs Wisconsin battle for him for awhile now.

That was one expert taking a guess, a stab at Bollers recruitment and he’s guessing ISU might lead over the Huskers because of academics. Hes just guessing because no one truly knows what Bollers thinks and what goes through his head. ISU is most definitely in it but anyone who’s followed his recruiting knows it’s been a two way battle with Wisconsin slightly leading for awhile now. There is a reason why the Crystal Balls on 24/7 has been a spilt between the Huskers and Wisconsin...but heavy Wisconsin.

In the end unfortunately it won’t matter, I think he will end up being a dam Badger.

Last edited:
That’s fair. Maybe if he would have cut Iowa out on a list a couple months ago. But like HawkinArk said, there have been a lot of rumblings about the disconnect for quite a while so it wasn’t a surprise like Dickerson committing to Minnesota.

No worries my man, A Dickerson deal is far from over. I’m calling it, he won’t sign with Minnesota;)

Bollers picked up a PSU offer. If my theory is correct that might be a big enough brand for him to jump on.

don’t think it will matter this far in. He may actually take a offense to it more then anything. Them offering this late in the game and process. He’s all but a Badger right now. The Huskers and ISU are doing everything they can to pull him. But he’s been a strong Wisconsin lean for a bit now.

We need to start a single recruiting thread so that the Iowa and Minnesota trolls can have a spot to go this spring and summer to talk recruiting smack. I’m inclined to just let them have their fun for now, as this is their teams only time to shine.

Of course most of them will disappear on early signing day when Nebraska’s class finishes higher yet again.:)

On the husker board East, all the talk is of pending conference and National championships amid the usual obsession with husker football....it’s extremely entertaining. If you’re bored over here I recommend you check it out.

We need to start a single recruiting thread so that the Iowa and Minnesota trolls can have a spot to go this spring and summer to talk recruiting smack. I’m inclined to just let them have their fun for now, as this is their teams only time to shine.

Of course most of them will disappear on early signing day when Nebraska’s class finishes higher yet again.:)

On the husker board East, all the talk is of pending conference and National championships amid the usual obsession with husker football....it’s extremely entertaining. If you’re bored over here I recommend you check it out.

no doubt...no doubt my man. It’s quite pathetic to be honest. I don’t remember it ever being that bad in the Big 12.

You are so full of sh*t. No one is talking about "pending conference and national championships."

We haven't beaten Wisconsin in what seems like 10 years and you think we're talking about national championships? That's hilarious.

You are so full of sh*t. No one is talking about "pending conference and national championships."

We haven't beaten Wisconsin in what seems like 10 years and you think we're talking about national championships? That's hilarious.

I think we will both agree it’s quite pathetic the way Wisconsin has beaten both Iowa and Nebraska so consistently. Both of our teams need to get our shit going.

Last edited:
We are in an unprecedented offseason where there is zero alternative sports to distract us and we didn't get the morsels of information every die hard fan gets during spring practice......
2f8df3c724ac00259a01631082a8713a_featured.jpg

oh that’s easy to say when you’re the troll on the other teams site. It’s one thing to have the occasional troll but these guys (not necessarily meaning you) literally live on this Husker board and are going non stop the last couple seasons. It’s not just now with the coronavirus deal going on. Some of them pretend to be Husker fans (look above for proof), get banned and create new names and start all over.

oh that’s easy to say when you’re the troll on the other teams site. It’s one thing to have the occasional troll but these guys (not necessarily meaning you) literally live on this Husker board and are going non stop the last couple seasons. It’s not just now with the coronavirus deal going on. Some of them pretend to be Husker fans (look above for proof), get banned and create new names and start all over.
I'm sure its annoying and there are certainly people who want to troll solely to troll. The elephant in the room though is these places are entirely opinion focused and often times when someone from a different fanbase offers an opinion it is considered trolling, whether it is or isn't actually trolling.

I'm sure its annoying and there are certainly people who want to troll solely to troll. The elephant in the room though is these places are entirely opinion focused and often times when someone from a different fanbase offers an opinion it is considered trolling, whether it is or isn't actually trolling.
Going on another teams message board and telling them how much they suck and how wonderful your team is, is trolling, whether you believe it or not.

Stop trying to twist it around. You know dam well the difference between trolling and a simple difference in opinions. Every Husker fan in here is fine with good football talk and some fans having a difference in opinions. I know you have eyes, some of these guys go out of their ways just troll and spit out BS just to start crap.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT