ADVERTISEMENT

Fong bomb!

And that right there is my whole point in showing how each coach has done per year. Because let’s be honest, if they didnt pull off those last second wins early on in their season, then we aren’t having this talk and no one is even mentioning Fleck as anything special. South Dakota State 28-21, Georgia Southern 35-32, Fresno State 38-35 or even Purdue 38-3...if any of beats Minn instead of losing to them the final seconds...that could have turned their season completely around.
Beat a bunch of nobodies and gained confidence. The old KSU model.

And we did the same to them the year before. Fleck was average at best for two and a half years and Minny fans wanted him gone. Then they got a little confidence and played well down the stretch. But let’s not turn Fleck or Minnesota into a giant based on a couple solid games.
Gopher fans did not want Fleck gone not sure why you think otherwise. You’re just making crap up. In just his 2nd season he beat Wisconsin in Madison and won a bowl game.

You don’t actually think people believe this, do you? That you’re at least 50-years-old?

You’re a kid who plays on the internet all day.

I doubt you remember the last time Nebraska played for an NC, let alone won one.

Stop it.
Decided to just show your ignorance, I see.

Reactions: huskerssalts
Gopher fans did not want Fleck gone not sure why you think otherwise. You’re just making crap up. In just his 2nd season he beat Wisconsin in Madison and won a bowl game.

In year 2 he went 6-6 in regular season and beat a bad Georgia Tech team in their bowl game. I’ll give you beating Wisconsin that over looked Minnesota is a ok win but I wouldn’t bang my chest over a 6-6 run during year 2. Maryland, Illinois, Iowa and the Huskers all blew Minnesota out that year. But go ahead and brag about the one ok win over Wisconsin that went 8-5 that season.

Last edited:
Decided to just show your ignorance, I see.

Yikes. Maybe you guys do believe him.

He’s a troll who wasn’t out of diapers in 2001, and most certainly wasn’t around in ‘97.
Hit me up if you’re looking for a great deal on the Grand Canyon, though.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
In year 2 he went 6-6 in regular season and beat a bad Georgia Tech team in their bowl game. I’ll give you beating Wisconsin that over looked Minnesota is a ok win but I wouldn’t bang my chest over a 6-6 run during year 2. Maryland, Illinois, Iowa and the Huskers all blew Minnesota out that year. But go ahead and brag about the one ok win over Wisconsin that went 8-5 that season.
He had a better year 2 than Frost did and there’s no chance Frost wins 11 in year 3.

Reactions: SWIowahawks

He’s a troll who wasn’t out of diapers in 2001, and most certainly wasn’t around in ‘97.

my suggestion is just stop, hell this is a Minnesota vs Huskers issue and has absolutely nothing to do with Iowa...so I say why even bother?

Easy, 2001 vs one of the best all time teams Miami Hurricanes.

1997 Huskers National Champs after destroying Tennessee and Peyton Manning and All pro RB Jammal Lewis...;)

No shit.

I’m saying he isn’t old enough to remember those.

At least I pray to God there isn’t a 50+ year old trolling Hawkeye Report all day.

He had a better year 2 than Frost did and there’s no chance Frost wins 11 in year 3.

It was literally a 1 game difference, 5-7 to 6-6 in their year 2. And no one knows that yet. Frost and the Husker could absolutely kill it year 3 just like Minnesota did Year 3. Im sure every said Minnesota couldt win 10-11 games after Flecks 2nd year? It’s why the games are played. And Frost doesn’t have to go 11-2 to equal Fleck and Minnesota. The schedules are no where near the same levls. Frost has a gauntlet for year 3 while a Fleck had a cream puff schedule.

Last edited:
my suggestion is just stop, hell this is a Minnesota vs Huskers issue and has about nothing to do with Iowa...so tell why even bother again?

I’m an Omahan who follows recruiting. Couldn’t believe Minny came in and snatched a kid from Westside. You guys shouldn’t worry, though. We have stolen so many guys who were committed to PJ Fleck, it’s hilarious.

And, it’s kinda hilarious to watch these Minny yahoos run their mouths about how great their coach is. He’s 0-4 against Iowa ;)

I’m an Omahan who follows recruiting. Couldn’t believe Minny came in and snatched a kid from Westside. You guys shouldn’t worry, though. We have stolen so many guys who were committed to PJ Fleck, it’s hilarious.

And, it’s kinda hilarious to watch these Minny yahoos run their mouths about how great their coach is. He’s 0-4 against Iowa ;)

No doubt and it’s FAR from over with for A Dickerson. The Huskers, nor OSU Buckeyes, nor LSU Tigers or anyone will give up on flipping Dickerson. Myself, I don’t see Dickerson signing with Minnesota. He may not end up a Husker but he won’t end up a Gopher. Mark it down now...

hell when the Huskers pulled Bryce Benhart from Minnesota, I don’t remember seeing any Husker fans running straight to the Minnesota board running our mouths. They should at least wait to see if Dickerson even signs later and then “MAYBE” come talk.

Last edited:
You think someone has to be 50 to have watched a football game in 2001?

I’m going to be extremely nice. Your path can’t be an easy one.

He said “I’ve been alive for all of Nebraska’s NCs.”

There’s math involved, but rest assured, I’ve done it for you. If someone was “alive for all of Nebraska’s NCs,” they would have had to have been alive in 1970, which was 50 years ago. 2020 - 1970 = 50. Trust me.

It’s all right there in this thread. All you had to do was read.

Reactions: SWIowahawks
You don’t actually think people believe this, do you? That you’re at least 50-years-old?

You’re a kid who plays on the internet all day.

I doubt you remember the last time Nebraska played for an NC, let alone won one.

Stop it.
Lol shagwell......it’s nice to be in my 50s and have the means and time to call out all you dbags. We all know absolutely positively that all Iowa and Minnesota fans on here weren’t alive to see their team win 5 conference titles. RollingLaugh

I think our Huskers should “CLAIM” all of our National Titles that we are able to claim just like Iowa and Minnesota did. If so, our Huskers would have 14 National Titles in football. If teams like Minnesota, Iowa others are claiming titles that they can, then we should too. And I’m still lost when Iowa claimed those other 4 titles? Last I remember, they had the 1 they claimed.

Huskers National titles:

Claimed
nat'l titles 5 (1970, 1971, 1994, 1995, 1997)

Unclaimed
nat'l titles 9 (1915, 1921, 1980–84, 1993, 1999)

Last edited:
Fleck is a weird dude and I think his closing style will lead to a higher rate of decommits than average, but, he also closes some deals that MN didn't usually get. Don't care which school is more desirable to coach at but it is ......CKING COLD IN MN in Jan. Salts no issue with you, I actually admire your indomitable love for all things NU. Its a message board fellas they picked "rivals" for a reason.* RESPECTFUL banter is good for business.

Last edited:
Love it when a notorious troll like wasntdrunkdidnttroll attempts to be the voice of reason. RollingLaugh

original.gif

Since I couldn’t get any takers from the Minnesota and Iowa trolls, I went ahead and checked it out for myself. I didn’t even consider NCs as there’s no need to rub more salt in the wound, so I only looked at Conference titles.

If you’re 27 or older you’ve been alive for 5 outright Conference titles for Nebraska.

If you’re 99 or older you’ve been alive for 5 outright Conference titles for Iowa, however, if you count ties then you’d only be 40 or older. (The big ten was very late to the title game party, in 1990 there were 4 claims to the big ten title....lame)

Sorry Minnesota trolls, your team won many big ten titles, but most were “shared”, so counting only shared titles, you’d be 82 or older to have been alive for 5 Conference titles for Minnesota.

RollingLaughRollingLaughRollingLaughRollingLaughRollingLaughRollingLaughRollingLaughRollingLaughRollingLaughRollingLaughRollingLaugh

Reactions: leodisflowers
This is why the teacher made you show your work. Please reread your own word problem and identify where you have made your mistake. Here is your exact quote

"The following exercise would be beneficial to go through for all B1G West fan bases before they decide to come over here and tug on Superman’s cape:

List your teams accomplishments during your lifetime. If that list doesn’t include more than 5 conference titles and a National Championship or two, then just keep your opinions to yourself, they aren’t wanted and they lack substance.

I’m not that old and I’ve been alive for all of Nebraska’s NCs and have seen my team win more conference titles and big games than should be fair."

Your answer:

"Since I couldn’t get any takers from the Minnesota and Iowa trolls, I went ahead and checked it out for myself. I didn’t even consider NCs as there’s no need to rub more salt in the wound, so I only looked at Conference titles.

If you’re 27 or older you’ve been alive for 5 outright Conference titles for Nebraska.

If you’re 99 or older you’ve been alive for 5 outright Conference titles for Iowa, however, if you count ties then you’d only be 40 or older. (The big ten was very late to the title game party, in 1990 there were 4 claims to the big ten title....lame)

Sorry Minnesota trolls, your team won many big ten titles, but most were “shared”, so counting only shared titles, you’d be 82 or older to have been alive for 5 Conference titles for Minnesota.

RollingLaughRollingLaughRollingLaughRollingLaughRollingLaughRollingLaughRollingLaughRollingLaughRollingLaughRollingLaughRollingLaugh"

I'll give you a hint: no where in your self imposed word problem have you used the word "football".

This is why the teacher made you show your work. Please reread your own word problem and identify where you have made your mistake. Here is your exact quote

"The following exercise would be beneficial to go through for all B1G West fan bases before they decide to come over here and tug on Superman’s cape:

List your teams accomplishments during your lifetime. If that list doesn’t include more than 5 conference titles and a National Championship or two, then just keep your opinions to yourself, they aren’t wanted and they lack substance.

I’m not that old and I’ve been alive for all of Nebraska’s NCs and have seen my team win more conference titles and big games than should be fair."

Your answer:

"Since I couldn’t get any takers from the Minnesota and Iowa trolls, I went ahead and checked it out for myself. I didn’t even consider NCs as there’s no need to rub more salt in the wound, so I only looked at Conference titles.

RollingLaughRollingLaughRollingLaughRollingLaughRollingLaughRollingLaughRollingLaughRollingLaughRollingLaughRollingLaughRollingLaugh"

I'll give you a hint: no where in your self imposed word problem have you used the word "football".

I'll give you a hint: Iowa sucks

Minnesota is hot right now.. does anyone think PJ stays there long term? I doubt it, odds are good for another year or two and then he's prob gone.

I'm already curious if Urban is looking for a new challenge. (not for Minny job)
I read this a lot. Seems like he has a pretty good gig going. Not that far from getting to the B1G championship playing in the west. Mainly have to beat Wisconsin. They have new facilities/more on the way. They can pay him whatever is necessary to keep him. Purdue kept Brohm not sure why Fleck would leave.

I read this a lot. Seems like he has a pretty good gig going. Not that far from getting to the B1G championship playing in the west. Mainly have to beat Wisconsin. They have new facilities/more on the way. They can pay him whatever is necessary to keep him. Purdue kept Brohm not sure why Fleck would leave.

that’s easy, Minnesota is literally a stepping stone school and team. If Fleck keeps winning and winning big...then it’s only a matter of time before a team like Bama, USC or some of those big time schools come after him.

And don’t Mistake it, if Brohm starts killing it, it’s a matter of time before a big time school comes after him too.

The winning the West part will get harder, sooner then you realize. Teams like Purdue and Maryland have been recruiting at high level. And the Huskers are close to turning that corner and when we do...recruiting Top 15 in country will change and then you will see us hitting Top 10 or higher on a regular basis. Frost is hitting Top 15 range while going 4-8 and 5-7, just imagine how he does while going 8-4 to 11-2? Plus side is Iowa is about to lose Kirk Ferentz to retirement. It’s a matter of time now at 65 years old. he will hand the keys to his son...then Iowa falls off the face of the earth.

Last edited:
Yes, we know. Iowa and Bollers went their separate ways quite a while ago.

Funny, on Twitter and On here we kept hearing from Iowa fans on how they thought they’d pull TJ Bollers. Hell he JUST dropped Iowa....but it’s your story right? You tell it ;)

edited: well I guess it depends on the definition of awhile ago. He dropped his top 6 April 7th. So if a couple weeks is a while ago...then I guess your right. A couple weeks to me isn’t exactly awhile ago. But everyone is different

It all depends on his ambition. If he continues with his success and wants to go to the next level, he'll bolt after another successful season. If he's not ambitious, then he's sure to fall to middle of the pack in the West. It's only a matter of time.

Funny, on Twitter and On here we kept hearing from Iowa fans on how they thought they’d pull TJ Bollers. Hell he JUST dropped Iowa....but it’s your story right? You tell it ;)

edited: well I guess it depends on the definition of awhile ago. He dropped his top 6 April 7th. So if a couple weeks is a while ago...then I guess your right. A couple weeks to me isn’t exactly awhile ago. But everyone is different
Came out with his top 6 on the 7th, yes, and I'm telling you that Iowa was not pursuing Bollers up until that point.

Pretty consistent chatter on our boards about him for several months and it became clear long ago that TJ and our staff were not on the same page. So, Bollers not being a Hawkeye is old news. Nobody in their right mind recently thought he'd choose Iowa.

How often do you use the same stupid Grand Canyon line?

Came out with his top 6 on the 7th, yes, and I'm telling you that Iowa was not pursuing Bollers up until that point.

Pretty consistent chatter on our boards about him for several months and it became clear long ago that TJ and our staff were not on the same page. So, Bollers not being a Hawkeye is old news. Nobody in their right mind recently thought he'd choose Iowa.

If that’s the case then it’s because TJ told him he wasn’t going there. Not Iowa not wanting him, that’s for sure. But I do get you, it’s been a Huskers vs Wisconsin battle for him for awhile now.

It all depends on his ambition. If he continues with his success and wants to go to the next level, he'll bolt after another successful season. If he's not ambitious, then he's sure to fall to middle of the pack in the West. It's only a matter of time.

agreed because Fleck isn’t going to keep Minnesota up. This 11-2 run I bet never gets duplicated again. Unless the BIG 10 hands them another super cream puff schedule...then maybe.

Reactions: headcard
If that’s the case then it’s because TJ told him he wasn’t going there. Not Iowa not wanting him, that’s for sure.
I certainly couldn't tell you who said what as I'm just a fan that pays attention on social media.

Now I know who to reach out to if I want the down low on conversations that have occurred between recruiters and players. So that's good. Thank you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT