ADVERTISEMENT

Fong bomb!

Yeah, the creepy thing is just silly. Annoying, yes.

Ummm, no. Not a chance. You Husker fans need to stop breathing your own fumes. The Nebraska job is not the Holy Grail you think it is. There is 0% chance Fleck would ever leave MN for Nebraska for a variety of reasons.

Notre Dame, on the other hand? Absolutely. I guarantee that is Fleck's dream job. Squeaky clean Catholic boy and the RTB concept are a perfect match for the ND mystique. I personally expect him to end up there eventually. I just hope it's at least a few years from now.

only a moron would claim the Minnesota Gophers is Flecks dream job. Now you guys really do sound like the UCF fans. If...that’s IF Fleck keeps winning he WILL leave for a big name school and football program. I love watching teams fans claim their Head Coach’s won’t leave and all that because now I get to book mark this and when it happens...it’s time to eat crow.

only a moron would claim the Minnesota Gophers is Flecks dream job. Now you guys really do sound like the UCF fans. If...that’s IF Fleck keeps winning he WILL leave for a big name school and football program. I love watching teams fans claim their Head Coach’s won’t leave and all that because now I get to book mark this and when it happens...it’s time to eat crow.
Only problem with that is when it happens, these guys will all be farts in the wind, and we will never see them again.

Keep believing that. This is why people laugh at Nebraska fans! Your program hasn't won in like forever, you aren't a blue blood

no one is laughing at Nebraska, maybe you hope they are. But buddy, I’d hold off on the crap talk about winning. The Huskers the past decade has more 9 plus wins then Minnesota. Minnesota has only won over 9 games 3 times in 35-50 plus years...maybe even longer.

the Blue Blood part, you may want to actually research that part, every site you find will have the Huskers on the Blue Bloods list. Every single one will. Now I’ll admit, they all say if the Huskers don’t get things going, we will drop off of it and every Husker fan out there will admit and say we know that. But the Huskers are indeed Blue Bloods, look it up for yourself.

Last edited:
Reactions: headcard
Keep believing that. This is why people laugh at Nebraska fans! Your program hasn't won in like forever, you aren't a blue blood

Yeah, the creepy thing is just silly. Annoying, yes.

Ummm, no. Not a chance. You Husker fans need to stop breathing your own fumes. The Nebraska job is not the Holy Grail you think it is. There is 0% chance Fleck would ever leave MN for Nebraska for a variety of reasons.

Notre Dame, on the other hand? Absolutely. I guarantee that is Fleck's dream job. Squeaky clean Catholic boy and the RTB concept are a perfect match for the ND mystique. I personally expect him to end up there eventually. I just hope it's at least a few years from now.

Fleck would never leave for the Nebraska job, never. Notre Dame worries me for sure.

Minnesota Sucks!

Please list the 5 greatest accomplishments your team has achieved in your lifetime. After I receive those, I will let you know if you are worthy of a further reply. TIA.

Keep believing that. This is why people laugh at Nebraska fans! Your program hasn't won the hearts of football fans everywhere like the Gophers. You just say Minny Soda and fear is placed directly in the hearts of Big Ten West foes. I stand behind my coach and give him a hug! Because he's MINE. Do you understand FOREVER. Husker Nation? Of course not. Your streak only lasted 51 years.11-2 is the new 51. Yeah. I said it.

tenor.gif

The following exercise would be beneficial to go through for all B1G West fan bases before they decide to come over here and tug on Superman’s cape:

List your teams accomplishments during your lifetime. If that list doesn’t include more than 5 conference titles and a National Championship or two, then just keep your opinions to yourself, they aren’t wanted and they lack substance.

I’m not that old and I’ve been alive for all of Nebraska’s NCs and have seen my team win more conference titles and big games than should be fair.

5 seasons doesn’t make a program.

carry on.
Just as a point of clarification, are you suggesting nebraska fans under the age of (roughly) 25 should not be posting either?

(I feel like this automatically warrants an "ok boomer")

Oh my, that post is gold. So much to love. Won the heats of the nation, the name Minnesota installs fear. Comedic gold.

Again, I seriously doubt he was trying to hug PJ before they got hot last year, that fan base was trying to row him out of town.

No. Only Nebraska fans like you think Nebraska is still sound bigshot school, guess what, Nebraska isn't close to being better than Minnesota. Nebraska is a smaller state than Minnesota with no professional franchises in town. Yeah, good one
Could you please provide some proof that MN is destin to be some Goliath over Nebraska from here on out? From what I see you are basing your conclusions on hopes, wishes, and wet dream. I am assuming you are smart guy. I am assuming you wouldn't come in talking based off 1 good year right? Should we compare just a bit, this might help you . For comparison sake we will start off since Nebraska has joined the BIG. Will let you figure out who is who.
School A recruiting rankings. 16, 32,22,35,30,26,23,22,17,20
School B recruiting rankings 57,59,67, 57,63,46,59,38,45, 38

School B record 65-50
School A record 63- 52

Lets break it down by coach and their 1st 2 years in the BIG
Coach B record 12-13
Coach A record 9- 15

Coaches record vs each other. 1 and 1. Scores 53-28 34-7

Now tell me based on this what gives you this idea MN is so great and such a power compared to Neb. I get the blind hope and loyalty thing, but dude common.

Second, what 'squeaky clean Catholic boy' has a kid from a previous relationship that he doesn't have custody over for a large portion of the year?[/QUOTE]

Um, what? He's divorced and has a couple of kids from his first marriage. Shares custody with the mom throughout the year. They had an infant die from heart problems, which is the basis for the whole Row The Boat thing. He sees the failed marriage as his biggest failure and he talks about it all the time, it's the fuel that drives his Energize Bunny life. It is true he is divorced, but you make it sound like he has a love child or something. You're really are reaching.

As for how great a job Nebraska is, is 19th in a silly clickbait article supposed to sound impressive or something? Seriously, you need to get with reality. Nebraska is an excellent job these days . . . but not a great one. OSU, Mich and Penn State are in a different orbit in prestige while Nebraska is about on par with Wisconsin. Very very good, better than Minnesota, but not what you obviously seem to believe. And, no, I do not think for an instant Fleck would leave for a modest in-conference uptick in FB program prestige when it's such a significant downgrade in location (wife #2 loves living in a large city) and academic prestige (yes, everyone in the conference is fully aware of what a mediocre school Nebraska is by comparison). Remember, no high school athletes around today were alive the last time Nebraska was a national power. It sounds harsh, but that's the reality.

Notre Dame, on the other hand . . .

Second, what 'squeaky clean Catholic boy' has a kid from a previous relationship that he doesn't have custody over for a large portion of the year?

Um, what? He's divorced and has a couple of kids from his first marriage. Shares custody with the mom throughout the year. They had an infant die from heart problems, which is the basis for the whole Row The Boat thing. He sees the failed marriage as his biggest failure and he talks about it all the time, it's the fuel that drives his Energize Bunny life. It is true he is divorced, but you make it sound like he has a love child or something. You're really are reaching.

As for how great a job Nebraska is, is 19th in a silly clickbait article supposed to sound impressive or something? Seriously, you need to get with reality. Nebraska is an excellent job these days . . . but not a great one. OSU, Mich and Penn State are in a different orbit in prestige while Nebraska is about on par with Wisconsin. Very very good, better than Minnesota, but not what you obviously seem to believe. And, no, I do not think for an instant Fleck would leave for a modest in-conference uptick in FB program prestige when it's such a significant downgrade in location (wife #2 loves living in a large city) and academic prestige (yes, everyone in the conference is fully aware of what a mediocre school Nebraska is by comparison). Remember, no high school athletes around today were alive the last time Nebraska was a national power. It sounds harsh, but that's the reality.

Notre Dame, on the other hand . . .[/QUOTE]

19th compared to 57th... pretty sure you were the one saying Minnesota was a far better job than Nebraska. Forgive me for taking the word of a published article (even if it is clickbait) over a silly message board poster...

But nice try, muddying the waters by invoking Notre Dame. This is a 2-team comparison. Minnesota and Nebraska. And Nebraska finishes miles ahead.

But go ahead and compare Nebraska to Notre Dame. We are much more used to that comparison than we are Nebraska-Minnesota.

remember: no person in history has ever lived during a time minnesota has been a national power.

sounds harsh, but that's the reality.

You want to F’ing bet.. How much?;)

My father is 93 and grew up a Gopher fan during his youth and went to his first gopher game when he was in early teen years.. So he grew up during their Hay day when they won those national titles..:p

He became a Nebraska fan when he moved to Nebraska during the Glassford years and when Devaney came on board he was sold being a Husker fan.:)

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
You want to F’ing bet.. How much?;)

My father is 93 and grew up a Gopher fan during his youth and went to his first gopher game when he was in early teen years.. So he grew up during their Hay day when they won those national titles..:p

He became a Nebraska fan when he moved to Nebraska during the Glassford years and when Devaney came on board he was sold being a Husker fan.:)
was the forward pass invented yet?

Second, what 'squeaky clean Catholic boy' has a kid from a previous relationship that he doesn't have custody over for a large portion of the year?

Notre Dame, on the other hand . . .[/QUOTE]

Shall we put things in perspective? No high school athletes around today were alive the last time Nebraska was a national power yet we signed 9 four stars in last years class. You have to combine Minnesota’s 2014/2015/2016/2017/2018/2019/2020 recruiting classes to tally up 9 four stars.

Yet, here we are...Minnesota fans gloating on social media and on this board about recruiting.

Notre Dame, on the other hand . . .

Shall we put things in perspective? No high school athletes around today were alive the last time Nebraska was a national power yet we signed 9 four stars in last years class. You have to combine Minnesota’s 2014/2015/2016/2017/2018/2019/2020 recruiting classes to tally up 9 four stars.

Yet, here we are...Minnesota fans gloating on social media and on this board about recruiting.[/QUOTE]

And I thought I’ve been on fire... not even close to what you’re putting out there! Love it!

Yet, here we are...Minnesota fans gloating on social media and on this board about recruiting.

And I thought I’ve been on fire... not even close to what you’re putting out there! Love it![/QUOTE]

These things are all true, and yet they completely miss the point of my post. The OP said Fleck would jump at the chance to leave Minnesota for Nebraska and everyone outside of the state of Nebraska recognizes that's just silly.

Nebraska is certainly an easier place to win at football and has infinitely more fan support for football. But that's about it. It's just not the elite national dream job you guys seem to think it is. If it was, how did the Callahan, Pellini and Riley hires happen? Certainly, the very best coaches in the nation and their agents would have been lining up for interviews? They didn't, which speaks volumes. I

Nebraska is a very good job, but it's not an elite job and certainly not a place that would make a current BIG head coach jump to within the conference -- especially Fleck of all people. He's big on academics, healthcare research connections for his foundation and big city atmosphere for his wife and family. Nebraska has none of these.

Stating Nebraska is a better job than Minnesota as a blanket statement that’s true for every coach is what’s the problem. It simply depends on the coach. Fleck and especially his wife love living in a big city metropolitan area like the Twin Cities and everything it has to offer. They have a house on prestigious lake Minnetonka. They love the nightlife of Minneapolis, the restaurants, music and arts scene, attending the four pro sports teams games, etc. Things that Lincoln can not offer. If the Nebraska job happened to open up Fleck would have zero interest, trust me. Not only because of the city but Minnesota’s program is currently in better shape right now.

And I thought I’ve been on fire... not even close to what you’re putting out there! Love it!

These things are all true, and yet they completely miss the point of my post. The OP said Fleck would jump at the chance to leave Minnesota for Nebraska and everyone outside of the state of Nebraska recognizes that's just silly.

Nebraska is certainly an easier place to win at football and has infinitely more fan support for football. But that's about it. It's just not the elite national dream job you guys seem to think it is. If it was, how did the Callahan, Pellini and Riley hires happen? Certainly, the very best coaches in the nation and their agents would have been lining up for interviews? They didn't, which speaks volumes. I

Nebraska is a very good job, but it's not an elite job and certainly not a place that would make a current BIG head coach jump to within the conference -- especially Fleck of all people. He's big on academics, healthcare research connections for his foundation and big city atmosphere for his wife and family. Nebraska has none of these.[/QUOTE]

I don't think anyone except a delusional Gopher homer would think that is silly. It is a better job in every conceivable way. You can talk about lakes and shopping and whatever else, but go ahead and ask UCF or Boise St fans how that turns out. You would also be surprised at some of the coaches Nebraska passed up to hire Callahan, Pelini and Riley. We have made some bad decisions the past 20 years or so, but that doesn't somehow make it a place coaches pick Minnesota over.

Just as a point of clarification, are you suggesting nebraska fans under the age of (roughly) 25 should not be posting either?

(I feel like this automatically warrants an "ok boomer")

no difference is we know we have been down and we are rebuilding. We aren’t on Minnesota’s or Iowa’s Rivals site trying to convince you guys that are team is some Elite, bad ass team. So unless we are doing that, then no, not the same thing. We are on a Husker site talking Husker recruitment and sports.

A confident person would not ask someone else to reassure their opinion. The gazelle seeks the lions approval.

Yet here you are...on a rival teams Recruiting site...weird. We aren’t on your teams site, you are on ours.

My Huskers could go 10-3 or 11-2 this next season and you still wouldn’t catch a bunch of Husker fans on your guys boards acting like we are Kings, back and almighty. It takes more then one solid to good season the achieve something.

A confident person would not ask someone else to reassure their opinion. The gazelle seeks the lions approval.
It’s weird that you’re here to tell us about the Nebraska football program, yet you won’t list the great accomplishments of Iowa football, I know why you refuse, so it’s all good little guy. Shuffle on back to the Nebraska board East.

It’s weird that you’re here to tell us about the Nebraska football program, yet you won’t list the great accomplishments of Iowa football, I know why you refuse, so it’s all good little guy. Shuffle on back to the Nebraska board East.

I always find it funny seeing another teams fan base trying to tell us about OUR teams accomplishments or issues...like we don’t have eyes, ears or know. We don’t need a bias opinion of things and someone that won’t give an ounce of credit. Ever Husker fan will admit and tell you we know we are down and rebuilding.

And hey, I mentioned this earlier in the thread but let’s do this again and add in Iowa since we have Iowa fans suddenly crawling out of the wood work (like normal). We keep hearing who’s the better coach and who’s done more. So let’s compare the little sample size we have thus far for Iowa, Nebraksa and Minnesota per regular season and how each coach faired during their rebuilds.

Year 1:

Iowa and Ferentz 1-10

Nebraksa and Frost 4-8

Minn and Fleck 5-7

Year 2:

Iowa and Ferentz 3-9

Nebraska and Frost 5-7

Minn and Fleck 6-6

Year 3

Iowa and Ferentz 6-5

Nebraska and Frost N/A yet incomplete for now

Minn and Fleck 10-2

So far Fleck takes it by 1 game difference between him and Frost year 1-2 and Ferentz was below both by several games. Once we see how Frost and the Huskers do during year 3, then we will truly know who’s done the best and accomplished more. As of now, it’s literally a one game difference between Fleck and Frost and incomplete till Frost plays year 3.

I’m not sold yet. Did you see the easy schedule they had last year? Plus they barely survived a lot of easy games early in the year.
The point is MN has gotten better under Fleck. Yeah he was tested early, and his teams did not look good, but he still found a way to win. As the year went on they fund a rythm , the Penn State win was good for them.

Remember MN took us behind the wood shed last year and put the hurt on us , I was at that game, it was simply awful.

The point is MN has gotten better under Fleck. Yeah he was tested early, and his teams did not look good, but he still found a way to win. As the year went on they fund a rythm , the Penn State win was good for them.

Remember MN took us behind the wood shed last year and put the hurt on us , I was at that game, it was simply awful.

then the year before we took Minnesota and Fleck behind the wood shed and put a beating on them. As you will see above in my post Fleck and Frost are literally a 1 game difference between the coaches per same year they took over.

And we did the same to them the year before. Fleck was average at best for two and a half years and Minny fans wanted him gone. Then they got a little confidence and played well down the stretch. But let’s not turn Fleck or Minnesota into a giant based on a couple solid games.

Reactions: huskerssalts
I’m not that old and I’ve been alive for all of Nebraska’s NCs and have seen my team win more conference titles and big games than should be fair.

You don’t actually think people believe this, do you? That you’re at least 50-years-old?

You’re a kid who plays on the internet all day.

I doubt you remember the last time Nebraska played for an NC, let alone won one.

Stop it.

And we did the same to them the year before. Fleck was average at best for two and a half years and Minny fans wanted him gone. Then they got a little confidence and played well down the stretch. But let’s not turn Fleck or Minnesota into a giant based on a couple solid games.

And that right there is my whole point in showing how each coach has done per year. Because let’s be honest, if they didnt pull off those last second wins early on in their season, then we aren’t having this talk and no one is even mentioning Fleck as anything special.

South Dakota State 28-21, Georgia Southern 35-32, Fresno State 38-35 or even Purdue 38-3...if any of them beats Minn instead of losing to them the final seconds...that could have turned their season completely around.

You don’t actually think people believe this, do you? That you’re older at least 50-years-old?

You’re a kid who plays on the internet all day.

I doubt you remember the last time Nebraska played for an NC, let alone won one.

Stop it.

Easy, 2001 vs one of the best all time teams Miami Hurricanes.

1997 Huskers National Champs after destroying Tennessee and Peyton Manning and All pro RB Jammal Lewis...;)

ADVERTISEMENT