ADVERTISEMENT

Fong bomb!

Haha, fleck leave Minnesota for Nebraska? Good one. Good one. Fleck & his wife have stated over & over how they want to be in a sports state like Minnesota & live close to a lake like they are.

You made my night with this laughable comment. Fleck will never leave Minnesota for Nebraska . Nebraska isn't a sports state or has a big city like Minneapolis or a professional franchises such as Vikings or moa which is big to recruiting.
It’s Minnesota, he would leave in a heartbeat. Lucky for you Nebraska won’t come after him, but there are dozens of other schools he would leave for that might.

Haha, fleck leave Minnesota for Nebraska? Good one. Good one. Fleck & his wife have stated over & over how they want to be in a sports state like Minnesota & live close to a lake like they are.

You made my night with this laughable comment. Fleck will never leave Minnesota for Nebraska . Nebraska isn't a sports state or has a big city like Minneapolis or a professional franchises such as Vikings or moa which is big to recruiting.
Laugh all you want. We'll never know who's right on this one.

He has consistently stated he would never leave his RTB behind for Any school. The RTB played a big part in his life after the death of his children. Oregon wouldn't let fleck, what makes you think schools like Michigan or Notre dame will?
You accused me of not reading... now it’s my turn. Come on, man, I thought I was pretty clear. Oregon didn’t because he hadn’t cut his chops at a D1 school yet. Doing it in the B1G makes him a much better bet than some unknown from Central Michigan. If he gets another top 10 finish this next season teams will be lining up for him and they will accept RTB and his ego no problem.

Probably the biggest laugh in this entire thread is you claiming Michigan and Notre Dame lining up for him. The only one claiming that is you. I didn’t say it. But there are 30 other schools better than Minnesota that would welcome RTB, as long as Fleck wins. And let me just say, of those 30 other schools, All 30 of them are better than Minnesota.

This is too easy. The more you post, the more I believe you are no older than 14. Seriously, think before you post.

You accused me of not reading... now it’s my turn. Come on, man, I thought I was pretty clear. Oregon didn’t because he hadn’t cut his chops at a D1 school yet. Doing it in the B1G makes him a much better bet than some unknown from Central Michigan. If he gets another top 10 finish this next season teams will be lining up for him and they will accept RTB and his ego no problem.

Probably the biggest laugh in this entire thread is you claiming Michigan and Notre Dame lining up for him. The only one claiming that is you. I didn’t say it. But there are 30 other schools better than Minnesota that would welcome RTB, as long as Fleck wins. And let me just say, of those 30 other schools, All 30 of them are better than Minnesota.

This is too easy. The more you post, the more I believe you are no older than 14. Seriously, think before you post.

Name those 30. It's sure as hell isn't Alabama or Clemson or any school outside of the midwest

He has a kid from previous Marriage he has to be in midwest for & he himself has said he won't leave the midwest so he can be close to his kid who his previous wife has full custody of during school year.

So yeah 30 school is laughable

It’s Minnesota, he would leave in a heartbeat. Lucky for you Nebraska won’t come after him, but there are dozens of other schools he would leave for that might.

No. Only Nebraska fans like you think Nebraska is still sound bigshot school, guess what, Nebraska isn't close to being better than Minnesota. Nebraska is a smaller state than Minnesota with no professional franchises in town. Yeah, good one

Lucky for you, only the holier than mighty lo people like you think Nebraska is still a blue blood who anyone wants to go to. Fleck isn't leaving Minnesota or where his house i
Is by a lake which he uses for recruits to come to Nebraska

Lucky for you, only the holier than mighty lo people like you think Nebraska is still a blue blood who anyone wants to go to. Fleck isn't leaving Minnesota or where his house i
Ahhh yes... Minnesota, the only state in the union with lakes.

You really crack me up with this crap! “He’s not leaving... why, he has a house on a lake!”

Are you for real?

Oooohhhhh, now I get it!!! You think he’s Hayden Fox and this is the Minnesota State Screaming Eagles! House by a lake! I see it now! I watched that show all the time! Loved Luther... he was a comedic genius. Craig T. Nelson was very underrated in that show as well.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

He uses that house for recruits to come to Nebraska? I thought you said he would never go to Nebraska, now he’s recruiting for them?

Ever seen Tommy Boy? You have derailed...

@Laurentdalmeida, Coach Fleck is a man of his word, huh? He says he loves it in Minnesota and isn’t going anywhere... now where have I heard that before? Hmmmm........ maybe here...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.detroitnews.com/amp/96093804

“About your future, P.J. Fleck ...

“I’m going to Kalamazoo,” Western Michigan’s coach quipped following a 24-16 loss to Wisconsin in the Cotton Bowl. “I don’t know where you’re going or where everybody else is going. I’m on the bus unless they don’t want me. Kathy (Beauregard, athletic director)? If 13-1 gets you fired around here ...”

Even in defeat — the only defeat of the year for the Broncos — Fleck maintained his sense of humor. He then turned serious.

“I love where I’m at, period,” Fleck said. “It’s as simple as that.

“We’re headed back to Kalamazoo.”

Fleck, though, has made it clear to his players that he plans to stay for 2017 and possibly beyond, and Fleck and Western Michigan are close on a contract extension, as first reported by The News last month. The extension could double his salary — currently $800,000 before bonuses — and add years on to his current deal, which runs through 2020.”

I don’t get it. He was under contract until 2020. How did he get out of that contract to go to Minnesota? And what did he tell his Western Michigan players after making it clear to them he wasn’t going anywhere, only to bolt a week later for Minnesota?

Spin this one...

Reactions: headcard
Bedtime, huh? Hope I didn’t get you so riled up that you kept responding and now are in trouble with your mom.

If you don’t respond tomorrow I will assume you’ve been grounded from the internet.

Reactions: headcard
You seem gullible. Nebraska is keeping Frost for the foreseeable future and if the two part ways, Nebraska wouldn’t go after Fleck. But make to mistake, PJ Fleck would leave Minnesota for Nebraska in a heartbeat, if given the chance.
He absolutely would not.

The following exercise would be beneficial to go through for all B1G West fan bases before they decide to come over here and tug on Superman’s cape:

List your teams accomplishments during your lifetime. If that list doesn’t include more than 5 conference titles and a National Championship or two, then just keep your opinions to yourself, they aren’t wanted and they lack substance.

I’m not that old and I’ve been alive for all of Nebraska’s NCs and have seen my team win more conference titles and big games than should be fair.

5 seasons doesn’t make a program.

carry on.

Name those 30. It's sure as hell isn't Alabama or Clemson or any school outside of the midwest

He has a kid from previous Marriage he has to be in midwest for & he himself has said he won't leave the midwest so he can be close to his kid who his previous wife has full custody of during school year.

So yeah 30 school is laughable

But earlier you said he would have gone to Oregon if they let him keep his RTB. Is Oregon in the Midwest?

You sound like UCF fans telling us Frost was staying at UCF because of the weather and Disney (UCF was a better job and team than Minnesota, BTW). Or Boise St fans saying Petersen wouldn’t leave or Utah fans before Meyer left, or WVU fans before Rich Rod left or Houston fans before Herman (all better jobs than Minnesota).

But earlier you said he would have gone to Oregon if they let him keep his RTB. Is Oregon in the Midwest?

You sound like UCF fans telling us Frost was staying at UCF because of the weather and Disney (UCF was a better job and team than Minnesota, BTW). Or Boise St fans saying Petersen wouldn’t leave or Utah fans before Meyer left, or WVU fans before Rich Rod left or Houston fans before Herman (all better jobs than Minnesota).
It's pretty easy to figure out what's driving this guy to come on this board and keep telling us that Fleck isn't leaving Minnesota - insecurity. Deep down he knows that Fleck is likely to leave for a better program if he continues to have success at Minnesota and it really bothers him. He's trying to make himself feel better by telling us that Fleck would never come here. Why else would he take the time to keep posting on here?
p.s. - Personally, I hope Fleck never comes here.

It's pretty easy to figure out what's driving this guy to come on this board and keep telling us that Fleck isn't leaving Minnesota - insecurity. Deep down he knows that Fleck is likely to leave for a better program if he continues to have success at Minnesota and it really bothers him. He's trying to make himself feel better by telling us that Fleck would never come here. Why else would he take the time to keep posting on here?

No way that would happen, we have our guy and Fleck's horny teenager with ADD routine, would not go over well here. But this guy knows Fleck would jump at the chance, even if he does have a lake house.

Keep believing that. This is why people laugh at Nebraska fans! Your program hasn't won in like forever, you aren't a blue blood

Keep believing that. This is why people laugh at Nebraska fans! Your program hasn't won in like forever, you aren't a blue blood
giphy.gif

B
Fleck signed a 7 years contract extension. He also isn't leaving Minnesota if a school doesn't allow him to bring the RTB with him as it's very important to him. It was a big part of getting over the death of a one of his kid.
Buyout is the big question

@Laurentdalmeida, Coach Fleck is a man of his word, huh? He says he loves it in Minnesota and isn’t going anywhere... now where have I heard that before? Hmmmm........ maybe here...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.detroitnews.com/amp/96093804

“About your future, P.J. Fleck ...

“I’m going to Kalamazoo,” Western Michigan’s coach quipped following a 24-16 loss to Wisconsin in the Cotton Bowl. “I don’t know where you’re going or where everybody else is going. I’m on the bus unless they don’t want me. Kathy (Beauregard, athletic director)? If 13-1 gets you fired around here ...”

Even in defeat — the only defeat of the year for the Broncos — Fleck maintained his sense of humor. He then turned serious.

“I love where I’m at, period,” Fleck said. “It’s as simple as that.

“We’re headed back to Kalamazoo.”

Fleck, though, has made it clear to his players that he plans to stay for 2017 and possibly beyond, and Fleck and Western Michigan are close on a contract extension, as first reported by The News last month. The extension could double his salary — currently $800,000 before bonuses — and add years on to his current deal, which runs through 2020.”

I don’t get it. He was under contract until 2020. How did he get out of that contract to go to Minnesota? And what did he tell his Western Michigan players after making it clear to them he wasn’t going anywhere, only to bolt a week later for Minnesota?

Spin this one...
Just thought I'd bump this for @Laurentdalmeida, since his grounding has been lifted... What do you say to this? Fleck isn't going anywhere because he loves minnesota and has a house by a lake. And a contract.

The only thing missing from the article is the house by a lake. But he loved Kalamazoo. Even told his players he planned to stay.

Until he left. Why won't he leave Minnesota the same way?

Just thought I'd bump this for @Laurentdalmeida, since his grounding has been lifted... What do you say to this? Fleck isn't going anywhere because he loves minnesota and has a house by a lake. And a contract.

The only thing missing from the article is the house by a lake. But he loved Kalamazoo. Even told his players he planned to stay.

Until he left. Why won't he leave Minnesota the same way?

He was also pretty non-committal to Minnesota during coaching search season last year, maybe hadn't moved into the lake house yet.

I would also love to hear how these PJ fleck fanboys felt about him this time a year ago. It sure seemed like every Gopher fan under the sun was ready to throw Fleck under the boat, prior to the team getting hot last year.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
I think most Nebraska fans appreciate the job that Fleck did last year and would tip their cap to him. At the same time, I think most of those fans would say that he is one creepy dude.
Yeah, the creepy thing is just silly. Annoying, yes.
You seem gullible. Nebraska is keeping Frost for the foreseeable future and if the two part ways, Nebraska wouldn’t go after Fleck. But make to mistake, PJ Fleck would leave Minnesota for Nebraska in a heartbeat, if given the chance.
Ummm, no. Not a chance. You Husker fans need to stop breathing your own fumes. The Nebraska job is not the Holy Grail you think it is. There is 0% chance Fleck would ever leave MN for Nebraska for a variety of reasons.

Notre Dame, on the other hand? Absolutely. I guarantee that is Fleck's dream job. Squeaky clean Catholic boy and the RTB concept are a perfect match for the ND mystique. I personally expect him to end up there eventually. I just hope it's at least a few years from now.

Ummm, no. Not a chance. You Husker fans need to stop breathing your own fumes. The Nebraska job is not the Holy Grail you think it is. There is 0% chance Fleck would ever leave MN for Nebraska for a variety of reasons.

Notre Dame, on the other hand? Absolutely. I guarantee that is Fleck's dream job. Squeaky clean Catholic boy and the RTB concept are a perfect match for the ND mystique. I personally expect him to end up there eventually. I just hope it's at least a few years from now.
first off, here's a list ranking the best college football coaching jobs in the B1G. it's less than a year old: https://athlonsports.com/college-football/ranking-big-ten-college-football-coaching-jobs-2019
(spoiler alert: MN ranked 12th out of the 14 B1G programs. NU? 4th.)
(double spoiler alert: nationally, MN ranked 57th. NU? 19th.)

only one fan base in this thread seems to be huffing its own exhaust.

second, what 'squeaky clean Catholic boy' has a kid from a previous relationship that he doesn't have custody over for a large portion of the year?

first off, here's a list ranking the best college football coaching jobs in the B1G. it's less than a year old: https://athlonsports.com/college-football/ranking-big-ten-college-football-coaching-jobs-2019
(spoiler alert: MN ranked 12th out of the 14 B1G programs. NU? 4th.)
(double spoiler alert: nationally, MN ranked 57th. NU? 19th.)

only one fan base in this thread seems to be huffing its own exhaust.

second, what 'squeaky clean Catholic boy' has a kid from a previous relationship that he doesn't have custody over for a large portion of the year?

giphy.gif

We seem to have a pretty firm grip on where we stand nationally, it's Minnesota fans that seem clueless. Newsflash, it doesn't take a "Holy Grail" job for a coach to leave Minnesota, even if said coach has a lake house.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo

Here is what is hilarious about your post. About every poster on this board would admit Nebraska has been mediocre for quite some time now.

Yet, Minnesota has won 9 or more games only three times in the last 100 football seasons. Nebraska has done it 5 times since joining the Big Ten. Laughing

Here is what is hilarious about your post. About every poster on this board would admit Nebraska has been mediocre for quite some time now.

Yet, Minnesota has won 9 or more games only three times in the last 100 football seasons. Nebraska has done it 5 times since joining the Big Ten. Laughing
Ouch!

Don’t worry, he’ll be back. PJ lives close to a lake. He’d be a fool to leave Minnesota.

Reactions: leodisflowers
ADVERTISEMENT