ADVERTISEMENT

Fong bomb!

Classic. Nebraska hasn't won in years. Rashod Bateman never visited Minnesota before committing & stuck with his commitment . Sp did Curtis Dunlap, Daniel faleele, Morgan, etc.. can keep going
Love it. Hey moron on another team’s board, there are recruits every year for every team that commit to a team early and never waver. On the other hand, there are commits for every team that decommit as well.

You act like it never happens, except PJ has figured out the solution. If you want to see classic, it’s a troll on another team’s board after they got a big commit.

That’s classic.

I know that this is a pivotal year (assuming we have a season) but every year we hand-wring in April about recruiting, and come December, Frost has brought in a pretty good haul with some pleasant surprises as well.

So while this stings, recruiting is a marathon, not a sprint.

It’s that or you people do hella job on virtual tours..
lots of sisters in short shorts and halter tops I'm sure shown wandering around the campus in the summertime. People who think Lincoln is cold in the winter have never spent one in the Twin Cities. Damn it's brutal.

That said, Minneapolis is a fun city if you've got some coin to spend. I wouldn't have liked to go to college there but for some kids who want a more urban experience I get it.

Give Minnesota credit. They put together a really good year and kicked our teeth in. Dickerson is really athletic and has potential but will he develop into a solid D-1 player? Who knows. I get the whole "in state" deal but if Fisher replaces him with a 6.0 4* guy from Florida will we really miss him? Congrats to the kid though, he's got a lot of great options!

Im sure he looked at our rs freshman and the studs we grabbed in that class as well as last years.. im Really not worried about our DB room..in fact when i saw the article that he committed i said to myself it probably was oregon.... i said it wasnt us then to my surprise it was Mn.. i agree with most on here even if he doesnt flip to NU he more than lokely wont sign with Mn. They flipped a KY recruit as well last week so let em revel kn the fact that they are havi g some success on the recruiting trail.. i dont really care

Reactions: dinglefritz
lots of sisters in short shorts and halter tops I'm sure shown wandering around the campus in the summertime. People who think Lincoln is cold in the winter have never spent one in the Twin Cities. Damn it's brutal.

That said, Minneapolis is a fun city if you've got some coin to spend. I wouldn't have liked to go to college there but for some kids who want a more urban experience I get it.

you’re preaching to the choir I have relatives that live in Minneapolis...

Different environment for sure..

Classic. Nebraska hasn't won in years. Rashod Bateman never visited Minnesota before committing & stuck with his commitment . Sp did Curtis Dunlap, Daniel faleele, Morgan, etc.. can keep going
no need to get butt hurt over there, I’m not saying he won’t stay, hints why I said I have no insider info, if you really read his remarks it doesn’t come off that he is gushing about the gophers, and there is a long ways to go still... all I’m saying is this one just has that feeling like it’s not over that’s all... if he sticks yes it sucks but I do think we will be ok, we do have talent in the secondary and it seems like we haven’t had an issue bringing kids in, it sucks in the aspect of losing a highly rated kid instate to a conference foe... get the sand out of your v-jay and realize you’re on a husker board

Last edited:
Hopefully Lamar Jackson gets drafted high up on the board which we can trade in on evidence of player development under Fish. Without Fish, Jackson probably washes out. Now, he's going to be rich. And I agree with the other poster. I think fish will get another four-star guy who played against better competition. Not happy with Dickerson's decision, but also not that bothered by it.

Reactions: baseball31ne
This is a real kick in the nuts. But we have lost kids out of Omaha before, even during the Osborne years.

This just underscores though that the hype surrounding Frost has begun to wear out. Frost, I am sure, understands that after two losing seasons he MUST turn the ship around this year. All excuses are out the door. No more talk of “bad apples” and “poor conditioning/work ethic”. This is now Frost’s team. Another year of sloppy, undisciplined play, wretched special teams, soft defense, and wildly inconsistent offense will torpedo everything.

Personally, I have never been this pessimistic about the future of Husker football. We have a brutal schedule this year with a green defensive line, and very few difference makers on offense outside of Wandale. We will be lucky to go 6-6 this year.

My apologies for being so pessimistic. But that is my honest take.

I’ll take the Huskers at 7-5 to 8-4. We will see a much improved running game with D Mills and our OLine. Plus the addition of Lubick and year 3 in the system for our offense and defense? I expect to see a much improved team.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
I’ll take the Huskers at 7-5 to 8-4. We will see a much improved running game with D Mills and our OLine. Plus the addition of Lubick and year 3 in the system for our offense and defense? I expect to see a much improved team.
Damn I hope you are right! But I am in total "refuse the koolaid" mode right now. After 20 years of this shit I need to see it on the field. If freaking PJ Fleck can go 11-2 then why the hell can't we? I know he had an easy schedule last year. So did we. I wasn't expecting us to be world beaters last year but 5-7?? Time for Frost to put up or shut up.

Reactions: Oldie but goodie
Damn I hope you are right! But I am in total "refuse the koolaid" mode right now. After 20 years of this shit I need to see it on the field. If freaking PJ Fleck can go 11-2 then why the hell can't we? I know he had an easy schedule last year. So did we. I wasn't expecting us to be world beaters last year but 5-7?? Time for Frost to put up or shut up.

I completely agree on year 3 being time to put up and shut and time to put together a decent to good team and showing. And I completely understand taking a wait and see approach, I think most of us are after the past several years.

Last edited:
Reactions: OzzyLvr
This is far from over with A Dickerson. Sean Callahan was more then shocked how this all played out. Dickerson being a Husker favorite with OSU Buckeyes and LSU Tigers as his top 3 teams. Dickerson had one virtual visit with Fleck and Minnesota, never been to Minnesotas campus in person. Then suddenly Minnesota swoops in and snatches Dickerson up when he was previously in no hurry to commit and wanted to take his official visits? I completely agree with Sean Callahan this seems odd and a bit off.

Now I give Fleck on his 11-2 season (one of the easiest schedules in college football and Minnesotas 2nd double digit win in 30 plus years). Flecks 1st year he goes 5-7 (finished the season off with back to back loses for a combined score of 0-70). Frost went 4-8 (finished the season 4-2 with single possession loses to Iowa and OSU and lost by a combined 5 points). Year 2 Fleck goes 6-6 in the regular season and In Frost 2nd year he goes 5-7. PJ Fleck went 11-13 while Scott Frost went 9-15 in their first 2 seasons. Literally a 1 game difference per season between the two (let’s not forget the schedule differences and who had the tougher competition). Just saying 11-13 vs 9-15 isn’t far off.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pennsyhusker
Oh and on the plus side of things our Huskers gained another crystal ball for Seth Malcom. The OLB from Iowa. That’s 4 Crystal Balls for the Huskers with Malcom making it 100% Huskers as of now...GBR
Yes that is great news. I mean, all in all our recruiting under Frost has been pretty solid, given our crap product on the field. But in some ways it also only compounds the mystery. Because last year we were already fielding a team that had better recruits on it than 6 of the 7 teams we lost to. Our recruiting rankings have been higher than CU, Iowa, Wisconsin, Indiana, Minnesota and Purdue. And yet we lost to all six. I am not here to endlessly bash Frost and I love the guy and think he will eventually succeed here. But come on... time to stop cheering our recruiting classes and to instead focus on player development, game management, play calling, and fielding a damn defense for a change. And this latter point is huge in my book. Good defense does more than stop the other team from scoring. It sets a tone, creates frustration for the other team, generates turnovers, and gives the offense great field position and time of possession.

We can land every five star recruit known to the human race and we still won't produce squat until we learn all of the above. Just ask Texas.

Didn't he have an offer from Ohio State? Like no offense to Minnesota (okay some offense), but why the hell would anyone choose the Gophers over Ohio State or Nebraska? Makes no sense.
I believe his offers from Ohio State and LSU weren't committable until he attended their camp and performed well. At least that's the case for most kids.

There are rumors that Fleck called the kid 3-4 times daily.. this isn’t over. We’ll either get Dickerson or will land someone better.
sounds like a good candidate to say yeah I'll commit just to stop the phone calls. Then, BAM, flip the week of signing day.

Reactions: bluenrg
Yes that is great news. I mean, all in all our recruiting under Frost has been pretty solid, given our crap product on the field. But in some ways it also only compounds the mystery. Because last year we were already fielding a team that had better recruits on it than 6 of the 7 teams we lost to. Our recruiting rankings have been higher than CU, Iowa, Wisconsin, Indiana, Minnesota and Purdue. And yet we lost to all six. I am not here to endlessly bash Frost and I love the guy and think he will eventually succeed here. But come on... time to stop cheering our recruiting classes and to instead focus on player development, game management, play calling, and fielding a damn defense for a change. And this latter point is huge in my book. Good defense does more than stop the other team from scoring. It sets a tone, creates frustration for the other team, generates turnovers, and gives the offense great field position and time of possession.

We can land every five star recruit known to the human race and we still won't produce squat until we learn all of the above. Just ask Texas.
I've said for years that Texas's problem was recruiting early on kids who had largely maxed out their talent in high school and never got better their senior year and in college. Similarly that always used to be one of the knocks on Husker kids when the pros evaluated them. No upside in many cases because Tom had maxed out their talent in college.

This is a real kick in the nuts. But we have lost kids out of Omaha before, even during the Osborne years.

In terms of highly recruited in-state kids who we really wanted badly, Iowa and Notre Dame are the only schools to out-recruit Nebraska when we were still more walk than talk. Missouri and Kansas got one each back in the 70's. I may be forgetting some.

This Minnesota thing is a shocker, but maybe Minnesota is the next Iowa? A program with enough going for it that they feel confident enough to recruit in Nebraska without the overwhelming feeling that they are wasting their time and resources.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
This is far from over with A Dickerson. Sean Callahan was more then shocked how this all played out. Dickerson being a Husker favorite with OSU Buckeyes and LSU Tigers as his top 3 teams. Dickerson had one virtual visit with Fleck and Minnesota, never been to Minnesotas campus in person. Then suddenly Minnesota swoops in and snatches Dickerson up when he was previously in no hurry to commit and wanted to take his official visits? I completely agree with Sean Callahan this seems odd and a bit off.

Now I give Fleck on his 11-2 season (one of the easiest schedules in college football and Minnesotas 2nd double digit win in 30 plus years). Flecks 1st year he goes 5-7 (finished the season off with back to back loses for a combined score of 0-70). Frost went 4-8 (finished the season 4-2 with single possession loses to Iowa and OSU and lost by a combined 5 points). Year 2 Fleck goes 6-6 in the regular season and In Frost 2nd year he goes 5-7. PJ Fleck went 11-13 while Scott Frost went 9-15 in their first 2 seasons. Literally a 1 game difference per season between the two (let’s not forget the schedule differences and who had the tougher competition). Just saying 11-13 vs 9-15 isn’t far off.

That or Fleck talked him into a need for playing time sooner and their new facilities they recently built might have also impressed the young man along with the biggest collegiate locker room.

ADVERTISEMENT