FNL visit list....

Discussion in 'Husker Board' started by HBK4life, Jun 15, 2017.

1. NorthWillRiseAgain

NorthWillRiseAgain Recruiting Coordinator
    Expand Collapse

Cameron Brown is still coming?

2. HBK4life

HBK4life Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
    Expand Collapse

Sounds like it.

3. HBK4life

Expand Collapse

So June wouldn’t be any different. And certainly not this week — when Yoakum, Texas, receiver Joshua Moore announces his decision between Nebraska, Florida State and Texas A&M on Sunday.

Moore — 6-foot-1 and 170 pounds — would be a very big get for the Huskers. He’s fast, yes, but more than that, he’s fluid. NU wideouts coach Keith Williams runs his share of change of direction drills, and Moore just naturally has the ability to separate. He’s a legitimate top-100 prospect for the 2018 recruiting class based on that; his high school stats aren’t bad, but he’s slated for a bigger senior year. Moore is a little raw, but a technique stickler like Williams will clean him up quickly.
    But Nebraska — specifically Williams — has put in the work with Moore, who first talked to Williams nearly two years ago. I chatted with Moore for about a half-hour last month — right before he announced he was leaving IMG Academy a scant three months after he arrived — and Moore made clear that Williams was a key part of his interest in Nebraska.

A&M has a commitment from Joshua Moore’s twin brother, safety Jordan Moore, but Joshua Moore told me last month he’d make his own decision, and any assumption that he’d pick A&M solely based on being closer to his brother was false.

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/footba...cle_1a9d1380-5094-11e7-aced-9f2a3bc02431.html

c3ntral08 likes this.
  4. GretnaShawn

GretnaShawn Graduate Assistant
    Expand Collapse

Can someone explain the Moore twins situation better. One went to IMG and the other didn't? Now they may not play college together. Doesn't that seem unusual for twins?

5. HBK4life

Expand Collapse

Trey Stratford has some solid offers from Texass, Okie State and Ole Miss to Ivy league Princeton and Columbia. 100 percent predicted to NU. Should pull the trigger at camp I would think.

c3ntral08 likes this.
  6. HBK4life

Expand Collapse

Not sure but 247 has Jordan at 69 percent to NU.

7. shine003

shine003 Offensive Coordinator
    Expand Collapse

Great list. Was hoping some big names we are still chasing would make it to the camp but it's certainly nothing to scoff at

8. HBK4life

Expand Collapse

https://www.landof10.com/nebraska/n...book-3-star-ot-chris-bleich-visits-penn-state
    Don’t panic, but 2018 offensive line target Chris Bleich made an unofficial visit to Penn State on Thursday.

We caught up with the former Nittany Lions commit earlier this week, just as he returned from a visit to UCLA. While he enjoyed his time in California, he still seemed pretty firm on Nebraska upon his return home. Is that still the case today?

Bleich originally intended to announce his commitment in mid-June before pushing that back. He felt like he rushed his initial commitment to Penn State in the spring of 2016.

“I just want to take my time, make sure I make the right decision for me,” Bleich told Land of 10 on Sunday.

Part of making the right decision for Bleich is taking more visits. The drive from his hometown of Plymouth, Pa., to Penn State takes a little more than two hours, which makes for an easy trip to check in with the Nittany Lions.

As for the Huskers, there’s no reason to worry too much about Bleich’s visits elsewhere at this time. Nebraska remains a heavy favorite for his commitment, according to the 247Sports Crystal Ball. Plus, Bleich intends to make the trek to Nebraska for the Huskers’ Friday Night Lights camp on June 23.

Big Red Weekend

FTC_21 likes this.
  9. HBK4life

Expand Collapse

10. WHCSC

WHCSC Blackshirt
    Expand Collapse

What are these "Crystal Ball" predictions based on? Unless these guys have inside contact with the kid or his family/friends it's nothing more than a guess.

11. jflores

jflores Offensive Coordinator
    Expand Collapse

Most of the folks who matter on these predictions are recruiting analysts who do have access to the family, friends, mentors or recruits themselves.

WHCSC likes this.
  12. Riley_the_Crutch

Riley_the_Crutch College Football Hall of Fame
    Expand Collapse

Also, get off my lawn!!!!

FTC_21 likes this.
  13. c3ntral08

c3ntral08 Senior
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

I'll take Stratford over Bleich. Bleich should just stink with PSU.

14. HuskerLLM

HuskerLLM Defensive Coordinator
    Expand Collapse

You realize that there is a family health issue with Bleich? IF this wasn't the case he would be N, should he choose to stay in Mid-Atlantic I would understand

Also, Bleich and Stratford are different player

HBK4life likes this.
  15. WHCSC

WHCSC Blackshirt
    Expand Collapse

I'm proudly a grumpy, skeptical old man.

Riley_the_Crutch likes this.
  16. Riley_the_Crutch

Riley_the_Crutch College Football Hall of Fame
    Expand Collapse

Preaching to the choir buddy.

WHCSC likes this.
  17. c3ntral08

c3ntral08 Senior
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Yes I know of the health issues within his family, that's why he should just stick with PSU. Yes Stratford is more of a guard/center but I'd still rather have him. I think Farniok, Jamies, and Sichtermen are our next tackles.

18. HBK4life

Expand Collapse

19. ellobo

ellobo Nebraska Legend
    Expand Collapse

I have no idea what the statistic for twins (both with the same offers) playing together is but logically I would think there are more than a handful of cases in which twins intend NOT to go to the same school from day 1. Think about it: two kids who have pretty much been linked together as a single entity their whole lives...who might want to explore more of their indivuality during college.

I've seen it happen with just regular brothers quite a bit. More often than one might think having an older brother at a school can be a road block as the younger wants to get out of the other's shadow - i know of one case where 3 major recruit brothers ended up at 3 schools that were all rivals in one way or another. With that said, more often than not the brother/twin thing is a plus for your school...just saying it shouldn't seem "unusual" per se.

TheBeav815 likes this.
  20. DerHusker

DerHusker Assistant Head Coach
    Expand Collapse

Like the Farniok's?

21. bit tatanka

bit tatanka Newbie
    Expand Collapse

Peat brothers comes to mind

22. ellobo

ellobo Nebraska Legend
    Expand Collapse

Well I guess I now know I two cases...I was thinking of the Bars..they ended up at PSU, ND and Michigan.

23. DerHusker

DerHusker Assistant Head Coach
    Expand Collapse

Yep!

24. hddude55

hddude55 Defensive Coordinator
    Expand Collapse

Correct me of I am wrong but assuming the early signing date has started this year on Dec 20, I hope we have 100% signed that day. No more last minute flips in February would be nice and this guy may be one of them. If he won't sign on Dec. 20, I hope we move on.

25 hddude55, Jun 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2017
  25. HBK4life

Expand Collapse

26. HBK4life

Expand Collapse

27. yunginsNU2

yunginsNU2 First Team All-Big Ten
    Expand Collapse

That Duggan kid certainly throws a nice ball.. really had some zip on those passes

TheBeav815 and FTC_21 like this.
  28. HBK4life

Expand Collapse

Have to battle it out with that state to the east for him.

29. spinner4

spinner4 All-American
    Expand Collapse

This visit list & rankings reflects exactly the type of recruiters there is @ NU. Notice all the high rankings are under certain coaches.

JP & the Williams should be a band name cause they hit the road hard and with great results. And they rock. Those 3 wouldn't even offer the type of players Cav is hoping to land. Sooner or later better talent will be needed at O-line. I don't care if they won't be taking many O-line guys in 2018, these summer visits are just as much about the future classes as the current one.

My fear is that they bring in to talent every where but O-line. Where does that put this team? Where does that put this staff? I badly want Mike to be successful here. He can't afford to have top of the line talent every where but O-line.

TheBeav815 likes this.
  30. jflores

Expand Collapse

A good chunk of the guys Parella is bringing in are three star guys that fit a mold and hopefully landing some of the higher ranked kids.

Mapieu, the kid from Scotsbluff next year and the two kids from Colorado and Florida (wildeman and culpepper?) ... those guys are all central to the class and are borderline three or four stars depending on the service . I believe Carson is too.

31 jflores, Jun 18, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
    huskerfan1414 and TheBeav815 like this.
  31. jflores

Expand Collapse

Come to think of it Thomas and Daniels are probably JPs highest
    Rated recruits so he's probably doing better last year than this although I'm plenty happy with the job he's doing.

I don't remember if either of them were in the rivals 250 though, I think cav has had two so far in Farniok and Barnett

32. jflores

Expand Collapse

From my perspective cav is on the hot seat more for development than recruiting. We'll have to see what kind of progress his guys are making this fall though.

Plenty happy with the kinds of frames he is bringing in.

huskerfan1414 likes this.
  33. Husker.Wed.

Husker.Wed. Athletic Director
    Expand Collapse

Being the Kool Aid drinker I am, I am hoping year 3 in Cav's system combined with much better depth will result in consistent O line play in 2017. If not, HCMR has some thinking to do.

34. GretnaShawn

GretnaShawn Graduate Assistant
    Expand Collapse

Agreed. I tend to give Cav a pass for the mess he inherited. If three out of your top 8 are Hahn, Whitaker, and Utter, you're in trouble if injuries hit. And injuries hit hard last year.

TheBeav815 likes this.
  35. Huskers_Rule

Huskers_Rule First Team All-Big Ten
    Expand Collapse

I think it will be clear in the head coaches's mind this year. My guess is he needs to see a consistent running game or Cav is gone. He's talked a lot about being able to run when you need to and noted we have not been able to.

36. spinner4

spinner4 All-American
    Expand Collapse

Exactly, 5.7 3-star is significantly different IMO than a 5.5 3-star. Even if JP is landing 3 stars, they are high 3's.

c3ntral08 likes this.
  37. jflores

Expand Collapse

Is there a particular kid you are thinking "isn't good enough"?

I'm not upset with Jaimes, Sichterman and the Farnioks. Honestly I think one of the biggest reaches we have is Wildeman considering the other names floating around.

38. DudznSudz

DudznSudz Senior
    Expand Collapse

I've been ignoring that talk, honestly, about the 3 star lands in the DL and OL "not being good enough."

I figure a high 3 star at those positions in high school will translate into a darn serviceable player once they actually hit the field; unlike some of the finesse positions or a physically gifted RB or QB, the linemen usually take a couple of years to develop. By then, they're so big and strong that their natural athletic gifts (which probably got them the star rating in the first place) are going to just give them an edge.

I've also noticed some 4 star recruits at the lines wind up being busts, while some turn into freaks (Suh). I guess what I'm saying is, I agree with your statement. Ha!

39. jflores

Expand Collapse

I think overall, if his 5.5 rating is a crack at the younger Farniok, according to the same service he was offered by Iowa, UVA, VT, and Minnesota. Iowa routinely has a good to great offensive line, even if the team isn't so good, and both coaches at the Virginia schools have a good track record putting out pretty good teams. (PJ Fleck didn't do too bad a job either).

If we're going to bemoan losing in-state walk-ons to Ferentz and company because of what he does with them, I think we should be equally as happy if a legit 3* OL prospect chooses us over Ferentz.

timnsun likes this.