ADVERTISEMENT

Florida's thirteen million dollar man...

non paywall: https://www.gainesville.com/story/s...-might-be-torpedoed-by-nil-issue/69800726007/

Gotta be infuriating for a coach to lose a player because the NIL collective botched the deal.

"Listen, this guy over here is going to pay you, even though he is not in any official capacity with the university. So, your beef is with him. Now let's get you enrolled and onto the team"

"Nah, I'm good"

If I have to give an 18 y/o kid 13mil to come to my school, I don't want him at my school. Florida dodged a bullet if he indeed does walk away.

it's good nil and the schools are different braches, keeps both of them cleaner

You have to really wonder if a kid who is so motivated by money more than anything else will really stick around. If he's good what is there to stop some other school later on luring him away with more money. I don't blame kids for going after money but it shouldn't be the only/primary motivator if you want to build a team.

national-lampoons-christmas-vacation.gif

so with 13 mil the kid could pay nil to his own preferred linemen and rcvrs. that is of course if your payor didn't get his teets caught in a wringer somewhere

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT