ADVERTISEMENT

Florida's approach to the O line coaching

TruHusker

Head Coach
Sep 21, 2001
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nc...a-gators-coaching-responsibilities/ar-AARwE97

I know people are getting antsy to get some coaches on board but look at all the turmoil that is going on. Florida is apparently going to hire two OL coaches, a head and an assistant because of the time needed for the O line. The higher profile coaches are in big demand right now and I would think, are weighing all of their options. Also of note in the article is the $7.5 million available to hire assistant coaches.

I guess the bottom line in all of this can Nebraska compete in this market or does it want to?

So some of this begs another question from me anyway. If you have to appropriate two coaches to the O line and lines in general, what good is it to have a bloated walk on program that sucks more time from the already thin coaching numbers?

Reactions: dinglefritz
I like having two OL coaches, but there has to be a trade off. For instance, when Bo had two OL coaches, we didn't have a TE coach.

Reactions: pharvey0829
I dont see why TE cant be covered by a coach that is TE/Asst Line Coach.

I agree. I don't think Bo or Riley had a dedicated TE coach. They used GA's and had them work with both WR and OL in practice.

On field players per coach

DB - 4
OLB - 2
ILB - 2
DL - 3

OL - 5
WR - 2-3
TE 1-2
RB - 1
QB - 1

The OC should be the QB coach as well and the RB coach should be able to coach STs

Last edited:
On field players per coach

DB - 4
OLB - 2
ILB - 2
DL - 3

OL - 5
WR - 2-3
TE 1-2
RB - 1
QB - 1

The OC should be the QB coach as well and the RB coach should be able to coach STs
couldnt the DC also coach a position?

and instead of on-field players, it really should go off of scholarship distribution, since they have to coach them all to be better.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT