ADVERTISEMENT

Florida suspends play due to COVID-19

I hope the hell they're confirming the tests via a different lab. My spouse says it seems the testing is getting less reliable instead of more. Some of the rapid test kits being released are giving a lot of false positives. I said months ago that IF we were going to rely on testing and then quarantine people who test positive that we wouldn't be playing football this fall. For college kids this is the flu. Nothing more. Actually most of the players likely would be sicker with the flu than they'll be with COVID. Sucks for Florida but this isn't all that surprising. I'm surprised this hasn't happened sooner.

Fingers crossed for 10/24. I think both teams played in fan packed stadiums Saturday .

I bet none are sick. PCR testing is not proven. It’s a culture harvest of RNA. Let kids play and get rid of this unjust leashing of play

Reactions: OzzyLvr
I bet none are sick. PCR testing is not proven. It’s a culture harvest of RNA. Let kids play and get rid of this unjust leashing of play
its been said a million times. its not just about a kid not being sick with the virus. each person who gets the virus infects multiple other people. some of those other people will get sick. a small number will die. when 1 person tests positive it means that 2-3 others will test positive as well. You need to understand its not about individuals. its about the community. And i sure hope they are doing follow up testing as well. there have been many examples of large batches of tests being false positive.

Reactions: ATLsker
I'd be suprised if we played more than 2-3 games this year. Strict restrictions and no bye weeks for a flexible schedule doesn't bode well.

Reactions: gw2kpro
At least Bo won’t have his defense give up 40+ and over 500 yards this week.
I was wondering about this myself... do you suppose instead of 500 yards passing this week they’ll limit FL to only 400 and like 4 TDs, since FL will be without key players? 😂

I'd be suprised if we played more than 2-3 games this year. Strict restrictions and no bye weeks for a flexible schedule doesn't bode well.
well other than the fact that the B10 players have had an extra 2 months to get infected and recover and/or learn the lessons from other programs where players went out and partied after games. I do think the B10 will see less impact from covid for both of those reasons

Reactions: huskerfan66
its been said a million times. its not just about a kid not being sick with the virus. each person who gets the virus infects multiple other people. some of those other people will get sick. a small number will die. when 1 person tests positive it means that 2-3 others will test positive as well. You need to understand its not about individuals. its about the community. And i sure hope they are doing follow up testing as well. there have been many examples of large batches of tests being false positive.

I think you whiffed on the point of my post then replied with more useless liberal Covid logic.

ADVERTISEMENT