ADVERTISEMENT

Fleming gone

Lot of talent that comes from the state of Florida. Quite a few knuckleheads too

Who are the 5 that left?

What does the 2020 recruiting class rank without them?

How many 4 star players does that leave us in the class?

Reactions: TheNewNU
Is this really a surprise? Remember in October two weeks before the first game? This guy was still in Florida posting Instagram pics of him with stacks of $100 bills. He was never really gonna stay in Nebraska.

YEah I did see this. It made me a little nervous because it was like WTF are you doing. There are a few others on the team from down south that post the same stuff.

Reactions: dinglefritz
YEah I did see this. It made me a little nervous because it was like WTF are you doing. There are a few others on the team from down south that post the same stuff.
This NIL stuff is doing a fantastic job of keeping these kids focused on football and academics so they can be successful. Oh wait...

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: TheNewNU
Who are the 5 that left?

What does the 2020 recruiting class rank without them?

How many 4 star players does that leave us in the class?
Rivals, Top 35. 7 total 4*. I think 2 are JUCOs so 5 net new - meaning 4 or 5 years to play. I think 24/7 Nebbis even lower.

Bad teams go after JUCO to stop the bleeding unless you’re a legit star. Then you go to Bama or OSU. They usually won’t waste time with JUCO cuz you get 1 or 2 years. Not worth the investment for them unless they lose a few high draft picks. Including their backups like Josh Jacobs.

I venture to say that if you go back and look when TO was coaching he would lose players from each class but he was established and had depth build up so it didn’t hurt so much, you take coach frost and his staff they don’t have that luxury they have to keep 80-100% of each class and they all need to contribute that’s a tough tough task

Reactions: headcard
Rivals, Top 35. 7 total 4*. I think 2 are JUCOs so 5 net new - meaning 4 or 5 years to play. I think 24/7 Nebbis even lower.

Bad teams go after JUCO to stop the bleeding unless you’re a legit star. Then you go to Bama or OSU. They usually won’t waste time with JUCO cuz you get 1 or 2 years. Not worth the investment for them unless they lose a few high draft picks. Including their backups like Josh Jacobs.
Alabama picks up plenty of jucos.

Reactions: dinglefritz

Bad teams go after JUCO to stop the bleeding unless you’re a legit star. Then you go to Bama or OSU. They usually won’t waste time with JUCO cuz you get 1 or 2 years. Not worth the investment for them unless they lose a few high draft picks. Including their backups like Josh
This isn’t true at all. Most of the best players out of high school also go to top rated schools, and you can find a lot of players to bolster already good programs from the junior college ranks. Many of them have three years of eligibility as well. Actually one could argue that we need more junior college kids, because the top recruits that have no problems qualifying for college are often not looking at Nebraska out of high school. Between our relatively weak academics, and our strong academic support program for the players, we have a lot to offer those marginal students.

This isn’t true at all. Most of the best players out of high school also go to top rated schools, and you can find a lot of players to bolster already good programs from the junior college ranks. Many of them have three years of eligibility as well. Actually one could argue that we need more junior college kids, because the top recruits that have no problems qualifying for college are often not looking at Nebraska out of high school. Between our relatively weak academics, and our strong academic support program for the players, we have a lot to offer those marginal students.
We also aren't having any more luck out of our high school recruits than our juco recruits, but it's always the jucos that catch all of the flak.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Manning has some issues or he would be playing. For heaven's sake the kid who transferred from Iowa has played a bunch and he got eligible just a few days before the first game he played in. Frost isn't holding Manning out because he wants to.

Manning has some mental issues he is trying to resolve..

Neb seeks out highly rated recruits that other programs who actually do their due diligence won’t touch.

The fanbase becomes climactic with these commitments and then when issues arise blame the kid (or their parents) rather than the crux of the matter - lazy recruiting and once on campus a poor culture that doesn’t set these kids up for success ... not to mention the kids getting lost in the shuffle of the excessive roster numbers such that the coaching staff barely even know their names let alone being able to give the kind of attention needed to succeed

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: WHCSC
Manning has some mental issues he is trying to resolve..
Given all of the things going on with COVID, there's something wrong with you if you DON'T have some psychological things to deal with right now. What a mess. I insisted my daughter go do her online classes with friends from college in a city where things were open.

Khyree Jackson '21
Ronald Williams '20
Saivion Smith '18
Tevita Musica '18
Isaiah Biggs '17
Elliott Baker '17
Exactly my point. They pick and choose who they want to fill a gap and they’re in the NFL. They aren’t risking filling spots with multiple ones that are head cases or a 3*.

You asked for 3 and were given 6. Every team picks which jucos to take based on need. Multiple guys I listed are 3*. Take the L and move on.
Except they’re in the NFL or heading that way. I’ll take my chances their 3* are a little different. I guess we could look at W and L’s as you said 😜. I’ll stick with the W’s.

Except they’re in the NFL or heading that way. I’ll take my chances their 3* are a little different. I guess we could look at W and L’s as you said 😜. I’ll stick with the W’s.
Never disputed that Alabama is the superior program. That was a nice attempt to deflect from you being wrong about them taking multiple jucos though.

We took a few of the highest rated jucos in the last year or so. Just because we can't get any value out of them doesn't mean other programs can't. We're not getting much value out of our high school players either.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT