ADVERTISEMENT

Fleming and Manning

And where does this crazy idea come from that these kids don't want work hard. For 99% of these kids the amount of work they have put in to get a D1 scholly is something that most of us could never understand.

Reactions: BleedRed78
And it's a lot easier to take that easy path and do whatever the hell you want when you're in a loser program with a coach that doesn't instill discipline. And you know that coach will never kick you out voluntarily because he's desperate for any shred of talent.
Oh for sure!

Kids are not leaving the south to come to Nebraska just because it's a nice place to live, they want to play football. If a kid has a discipline issue it's up to the coaches to pinpoint the issue and fix it but not playing a talented kid at all gives him no reason to be here. Might as well go back to the power I and recruit locally if you're going to waist 4* WRs left and right.

Not saying discipline isn't needed but there has to be a better way the coaches can handle the situation. These kids are different and the old N way isn't for them. Scott has to make some adjustments as well if he's going to recruit the south because he can't keep missing on these kids.

Bingo! This stuff is 100% on the staff, not on kids for being snow flakes. When you are putting out offers to smaller stature kids who are fast and can catch balls, they are expecting to come here to be fast and catch balls. Not sit the bench because "no block no rock."

I've said it before, if the WR blocking is so important to the overall success of this offense, go find some scholarship worthy WR's who show a knack on film to block and most importantly get separation!

Bingo! This stuff is 100% on the staff, not on kids for being snow flakes. When you are putting out offers to smaller stature kids who are fast and can catch balls, they are expecting to come here to be fast and catch balls. Not sit the bench because "no block no rock."

I've said it before, if the WR blocking is so important to the overall success of this offense, go find some scholarship worthy WR's who show a knack on film to block and most importantly get separation!
I do not think no block, no rock has anything to do with Fleming leaving. Although I agree it is dumb, and hopefully left with Walters.

Last edited:
Reactions: BleedRed78
This is why Frost has had a golden opportunity with the revolution of local talent that has gone through here since he's been our coach. He did get Betts, and that was huge, but losing out on Watts and Johnson seems bigger now than ever when the kids we got in their place aren't even staying here for a year.

It's why losing Dickerson is so huge. You can argue he's overrated, too skinny, whatever... But a talent like him at that position doesn't ever come through this state. Instead we are going to Florida to get DBs that are transferring before ever playing a down. At the end of the day, you have to win in order to show these Omaha kids this is a place worth coming when Notre Dame, Iowa, Michigan, LSU are also knocking on their doors, and we just haven't done it.
I actually like this paragraph. Well said.

I'm not gonna wish Flemming the best, I'm not hoping for the worst either, just saying the kid should have to fight for it wherever he ends up. He was seeing significant reps as a true freshman at a power 5 school and he transfers? Extremely soft, extremely selfish.

I'm not gonna wish Flemming the best, I'm not hoping for the worst either, just saying the kid should have to fight for it wherever he ends up. He was seeing significant reps as a true freshman at a power 5 school and he transfers? Extremely soft, extremely selfish.
We agree! At the very least, see the season through to the end. Just immaturity on his part.

Frost: "We have to make sure we're recruiting the right kids and not just the right athletes."

Hmm.. seems like he is putting it all on the kid, (basically saying he is a bad kid or something) .

We could see that if it was just one or two, but it's been 5 now that have left, so I would appreciate him just owning it.

The program is a shit show and because of that guys are leaving.

It has nothing to do with 'the right kids' kind of thing..

Kids don't want to play for a loser program, and that is what Scott is giving them.

What a stubborn pos that guy is... Too arrogant to even own that little bit of honesty.

He's a freshman. Some of these freshmen think they can come in here and do whatever they want just because we suck, and think they'll get tons of playing time when they don't even know the playbook. That's not how big time college football works. If we were actually a decent team, I think some of these freshmen would learn to fall in line and wait their turn to get on the field. And let me tell you, it's not just Flemming that thinks this way.

I believe he was Troy Walter's recruit, not Lubick's so there was probably a disconnect there.

I think that Frost recruited some kids that we took a gamble on, and I mean these kids are not Nebraska style of living kids to put clear. This is why it hurts to lose guys like Keegan Johnson. We need to own the state and the 500 radius until we get this thing going, if we ever do.

Has any recruiting class in the history of the whole world, outside of a transition class, fell apart so spectacularly before even a year had passed?

Last edited:
Frost: "We have to make sure we're recruiting the right kids and not just the right athletes."

Hmm.. seems like he is putting it all on the kid, (basically saying he is a bad kid or something) .

We could see that if it was just one or two, but it's been 5 now that have left, so I would appreciate him just owning it.

Kids don't want to play for a loser program, and that is what Scott is giving them.

What a stubborn pos that guy is... Too arrogant to even own that little bit of honesty.

Bullshit. W’s and L’s are not the reason this kid left. Or the other kids that left before the season even started.

Reactions: kccornhusker

I don't think Scott should have phrased it that way, but is he wrong? I agree Scott is not living up to his end of the bargain and we currently have a loser program, but I guess I don't view him as a stubborn POS. I think he needs to adjust where he is getting kids from and stay away from Florida & Cali unless it is a true home run. Maybe at some point we can get back to pulling some kids out of TX.

I know you don't like Frost, but there is tons of turnover a lot of schools. It's easier to exit these days if the playing time isn't there. Also like you said, we need to start winning or kids won't want to play here.

I don't think Scott should have phrased it that way, but is he wrong? I agree Scott is not living up to his end of the bargain and we currently have a loser program, but I guess I don't view him as a stubborn POS. I think he needs to adjust where he is getting kids from and stay away from Florida & Cali unless it is a true home run. Maybe at some point we can get back to pulling some kids out of TX.

I know you don't like Frost, but there is tons of turnover a lot of schools. It's easier to exit these days if the playing time isn't there. Also like you said, we need to start winning or kids won't want to play here.
he seems to blame the players a lot.. either they aren't this or aren't that or look man.. it's his crap show.. it has shown no improvement.. I'm gonna lay it all on him. This is his mess he has created. He has sank it further.

I think it contributes to a lot of kids wanting to leave. It sure as hell doesn't help.
Agreed. Doesn’t help at all. It is not the primary reason, but maybe a kid like Fleming sticks it out if the season is going good. Especially if it is a normal year with parties, coeds, etc

Reactions: oldjar07
he seems to blame the players a lot.. either they aren't this or aren't that or look man.. it's his crap show.. it has shown no improvement.. I'm gonna lay it all on him. This is his mess he has created. He has sank it further.

This is the very same kid many on here were calling for the staff to come down on after his Instagram nonsense before the Illinois game (you were one of those posters, right?).

Yeah I agreed with everything he said until that last part.

I tend to disagree with you a little bit. Yes, it has been a bit of a shit show in certain ways, but we've also lost a ton of close games and I don't think we are as bad off as fans think. Don't get me wrong, I think Frost has done a ton wrong, but I feel if we got a few missing pieces in place we might turn the corner. In my eyes it has been real close. Just a few quick words for each game:

OSU: I don't think we were going to win that game, but we were in it and had some really bad breaks go our way with officiating and then had some untimely turnovers that changed that game. I've watched a few OSU games this year and I think our DL has handled their run game the best. Yes we got blasted in the pass game, but coaching didn't lose that game.

NW: Adrian missed some prime opportunities in this game. Yes, there were some coaching issues, but players play and just needed to have Adrian make some plays. Now I know Adrian is Frosts guy and Frost needs to eat it for pseudo-botching the QB position, but we really should have beat that team.

PSU: Took the foot off the pedal, but we did get a win, although an interesting one.

Illinois: Flat out stinker and stunk to high heaven. I'll put that all on the coaches from everything that came out

Iowa: Same thing. as NW. We should have beat a decent Iowa team. Adrian had some big misses and had some unfortunate things happen, but we were in that game and if we get one small break to finally happen we win that game and might be singing an entirely different tune.

Yes, we are definitely having issues, but I see improvement in our defense. For the first time in probably 10 years we are actually somewhat stiff in the redzone. Our D-Line has done a decent job and I think the LB's are progressing as well. Need a little better secondary play, but hasn't been horrible. Our OL does have issue, but I actually don't see us getting pushed back near like the past. Yes that snaps are a huge issue and Farniok getting whooped a bunch sucks, but I do see some progress here. Also, Austin Allen and the TE's are starting to show some life and we haven't had much TE production for years.

I think you are a good poster and I understand your frustration, I guess I just continue to see some positive and am just tired of being negative. Frost has stepped on his dick a lot, I agree, but I also think he has done some good things. I think his schemes are great on the offensive side, our players just are missing it and it falls on coaching, but there is openings there.

I said this summer that I expect a LOT of kids to pack their bags and move back closer to home. Now with the new leniency in transfer rules and no loss of eligibility, we're going to see across college football even more kids change schools. It's just the way it is. When you take a kid a thousand miles from home you better expect at least half of them to not stick around if there's any reason at all for them to want to leave.

It's just way too easy for them to quit and unfortunately I don't think there's much strong parenting going on with some of these kids.

How many coaches do you think are lining up to pick up a kid that quit after one semester after getting playing time as a true freshman? Talent - probably. Quitter - definitely. No thanks.

I tend to disagree with you a little bit. Yes, it has been a bit of a shit show in certain ways, but we've also lost a ton of close games and I don't think we are as bad off as fans think. Don't get me wrong, I think Frost has done a ton wrong, but I feel if we got a few missing pieces in place we might turn the corner. In my eyes it has been real close. Just a few quick words for each game:

OSU: I don't think we were going to win that game, but we were in it and had some really bad breaks go our way with officiating and then had some untimely turnovers that changed that game. I've watched a few OSU games this year and I think our DL has handled their run game the best. Yes we got blasted in the pass game, but coaching didn't lose that game.

NW: Adrian missed some prime opportunities in this game. Yes, there were some coaching issues, but players play and just needed to have Adrian make some plays. Now I know Adrian is Frosts guy and Frost needs to eat it for pseudo-botching the QB position, but we really should have beat that team.

PSU: Took the foot off the pedal, but we did get a win, although an interesting one.

Illinois: Flat out stinker and stunk to high heaven. I'll put that all on the coaches from everything that came out

Iowa: Same thing. as NW. We should have beat a decent Iowa team. Adrian had some big misses and had some unfortunate things happen, but we were in that game and if we get one small break to finally happen we win that game and might be singing an entirely different tune.

Yes, we are definitely having issues, but I see improvement in our defense. For the first time in probably 10 years we are actually somewhat stiff in the redzone. Our D-Line has done a decent job and I think the LB's are progressing as well. Need a little better secondary play, but hasn't been horrible. Our OL does have issue, but I actually don't see us getting pushed back near like the past. Yes that snaps are a huge issue and Farniok getting whooped a bunch sucks, but I do see some progress here. Also, Austin Allen and the TE's are starting to show some life and we haven't had much TE production for years.

I think you are a good poster and I understand your frustration, I guess I just continue to see some positive and am just tired of being negative. Frost has stepped on his dick a lot, I agree, but I also think he has done some good things. I think his schemes are great on the offensive side, our players just are missing it and it falls on coaching, but there is openings there.
I appreciate all that which you wrote, but I think it is high time to start putting some pressure on Scott and quit with the excuses already.

Maybe I see this more so now that I am out of the state, but there is a huge effort of people trying to look past everything. It's as if whatever the bad thing was, they have an excuse for it.

I think Scott has done a horrible job, most all the way around.

Defensively I agree with you. Chinander has had them playing like Scott wants. I don't agree with the scheme being used, but I agree with you on the defense.

Culturally and otherwise, I think Scott has done a worse job. From his lack of PR skills (worse than Pelini in my opinion) and big talk in the Big Ten, not being able to back things up.. he's done a poor job. Offense is a joke.

I would like there to be something to be positive about, but I don't see it, and I'm not going to pretend to not to see everything falling apart.

The first step in getting things better, is to get rid of Scott Frost. That is what I think.

So everyone that wants to hold on for another year or two.. I don't agree with. You're just setting the road to recovery back even further.

I'm pretty much done with it all to be honest.

Reactions: oldjar07
This is the very same kid many on here were calling for the staff to come down on after his Instagram nonsense before the Illinois game (you were one of those posters, right?).
I actually don't know what you are talking about.

I appreciate all that which you wrote, but I think it is high time to start putting some pressure on Scott and quit with the excuses already.

Maybe I see this more so now that I am out of the state, but there is a huge effort of people trying to look past everything. It's as if whatever the bad thing was, they have an excuse for it.

I think Scott has done a horrible job, most all the way around.

Defensively I agree with you. Chinander has had them playing like Scott wants. I don't agree with the scheme being used, but I agree with you on the defense.

Culturally and otherwise, I think Scott has done a worse job. From his lack of PR skills (worse than Pelini in my opinion) and big talk in the Big Ten, not being able to back things up.. he's done a poor job. Offense is a joke.

I would like there to be something to be positive about, but I don't see it, and I'm not going to pretend to not to see everything falling apart.

The first step in getting things better, is to get rid of Scott Frost. That is what I think.

So everyone that wants to hold on for another year or two.. I don't agree with. You're just setting the road to recovery back even further.

I'm pretty much done with it all to be honest.

Fair enough. For me, I think we need some continuity and I'm not also sure who we could get.. I mean, who would come here and who is out there? I'm out of the state too, but a lot of the folks I talk to think Frost can get it done, just needs way more time. I think if we continue to be a revolving door the results are going to stay the same.

I will say, this is the first year in a lot of years that I haven't watched all of the games live. I've done a lot more activities with my kids and tried to have fun vs. wallowing in how much we suck. I'm an alum and Nebraska native so NU holds a special spot in my heart, but this is the least I've cared about Husker football in a long time. Having lived outside the state for about 14 years now, these last few years I've started to wear my Husker gear less and less just so I don't have to talk football. All around shitty situation.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT