ADVERTISEMENT

Fleck

He is. He’s still young and needs to learn a lot yet, but the kid’s a stud. Specifically, I’d like to see him learn to get on the ground quicker when he’s being gang tackled or even before he gets tackled period. Also, I’d like to see him focus on getting positive running yardage instead of trying to make too much happen while he’s scrambling. You saw his runs today. Dangerous.

He is. He’s still young and needs to learn a lot yet, but the kid’s a stud. Specifically, I’d like to see him learn to get on the ground quicker when he’s being gang tackled or even before he gets tackled period. Also, I’d like to see him focus on getting positive running yardage instead of trying to make too much happen while he’s scrambling. You saw his runs today. Dangerous.

That's a good observation and I agree completely. There was a play in the 4th quarter where Martinez ran for a first down and didn't go down immediately. Washington ended up falling on him and shielding him from a potential hit. He definitely needs to learn to stay out of harms way. But, it looks like his teammates are looking out for him at least.

Reactions: barney44

I agree with this. Remember the old days of the wishbone where OU would bring in some hotshot freshman QB and by the time he was a senior, he was injured a lot and slowed from all the hits. There were some times today he was too straight up with guys hanging on him, that's a prime time for leg injuries and to lose the ball. I also thought Washington gets himself in some out of control positions. That kid has some amazing quicks and gets his body in all sorts of directions.

Last edited:
That's a good observation and I agree completely. There was a play in the 4th quarter where Martinez ran for a first down and didn't go down immediately. Washington ended up falling on him and shielding him from a potential hit. He definitely needs to learn to stay out of harms way. But, it looks like his teammates are looking out for him at least.

Looked like Stanley Morgan did the same to Maurice Washington in the 4th quarter. Looked like he pretty much put Mo on the ground himself since he wasn’t likely to get through a group of defenders.

I think Fleck might be exaggerating a touch but anyone that couldn’t see AM is special from the beginning of the Colorado game doesn’t know jack about football. The kid can ball. He was frost’s top prospect and we are oh so lucky to have him. I just hope we can develop enough around him to do something great during his time here.

I agree with this. Remember the old days of the wishbone where OU would bring in some hotshot freshman QB and by the time he was a senior, he was injured a lot and slowed from all the hits. There were some times today he was too straight up with guys hanging on him, that's a prime time for leg injuries and to lose the ball. I also though Washington gets himself in some out of control positions. That kid has some amazing quicks and gets his body in all sorts of directions.

Have we even seen him slide yet?

I admire his thirst for yards but tame it until you need it..

Limit one of his biggest strengths? Yeah that makes a lot of sense!
In reality, there are times he could slide. Not every time, mind you, but I was worried on one of his late runs when he was stood up... half expected a Minnesota player to sweep the leg.

Limit one of his biggest strengths? Yeah that makes a lot of sense!

It’s a strength when it matters. It’s a liability when you easily pick up a first down and then barrel in to a couple of defenders to pick up a couple more yards.

He sprinted the length of the field at the end of the 3rd quarter, what a goofball. We've definitely had our own share of goofball coaches, so I don't want to judge too harshly.

Solich- no
Callahan- no
Pelini- maybe if he was chasing something...
Riley- on his bike.

He sprinted the length of the field at the end of the 3rd quarter, what a goofball. We've definitely had our own share of goofball coaches, so I don't want to judge too harshly.
He does that after every quarter when they change the direction of the field. I'm not sure what it's supposed to accomplish.

He does that after every quarter when they change the direction of the field. I'm not sure what it's supposed to accomplish.

He’s a grown man who calls himself “pj”.

Running around on the field during games —while weird af— is one of the least strange things about him.

Sliding is extremely dangerous unless its the manning slide, done ten yards ahead of defender. Tentative running is dangerous. Unsure running is when injuries happen. I agree with getting down when its no use whioe being tackled or getting out of bounds, but not sliding.

Reactions: oldjar07
Looks like the actor Rob Corddry

maxresdefault.jpg

535a7ee11bf03.image.jpg

no, we would be better if Bunch was playing or maybe Vedral......gmafb.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT