ADVERTISEMENT

Fitzpatrick Commitment Video

I think bottom line for the board was, he was good enough for Williams, and until he shunned us, he was good enough for us.

Since we didn't win, now we start talking about inane things that have no bearing about his recruitability. Perhaps we should mock him because he might like Under Armour and that's just too trendy for us Adidas kids ;)
I didn't say anything about not wanting him. I have made it clear above that my view of this(which I have not watched and will not do so) has nothing to do with his choice and everything to do with how he did it. I don't like it one bit more for anybody who chooses Nebraska. You will not see me praising Lamar Jackson if he does this and chooses Nebraska, because I don't like it, period. I'm not going to waste my time watching some stupid video to tell me something that I can find out pretty easily by other means.

Agreed-I don't care whether it's well done or not. In fact, the fact somebody spends a lot of time on this speaks even lower of it. It means you are spending way too much time on promoting yourself for something that does not need to have that much time spent on it. I mean, look at Matt Farniok-all he did was send out a tweet saying he was committing to Nebraska. What's wrong with just doing that? Make your choice and be done with it and cut out all the overwrought "hey, look at me!" crap.
Nothing wrong with doing just what Farniok did.

But let's turn the question around... What's wrong with having some fun with the announcement? Do you think the kid came up with this all by himself? I would be willing to bet Bleacher Report put him up to it as well... If someone says to you, "we want to feature you in a commitment video" what are you gonna say?

Now maybe I'm wrong and it was all Fitz on this one, but let the kid have some fun. He is still just a kid.

I think bottom line for the board was, he was good enough for Williams, and until he shunned us, he was good enough for us.

Since we didn't win, now we start talking about inane things that have no bearing about his recruitability. Perhaps we should mock him because he might like Under Armour and that's just too trendy for us Adidas kids ;)

You missed the point. This has nothing to do with sour grapes...at all. I don't blame the kid for choosing where he wanted to play football. If he wants to play at Louisville, that's his choice. Good luck to him.

I just have a DIY attitude, and this approach has never, nor ever will it appeal to me. Far too slick for my liking. It's something Miami commits would have done back in the 80s and 90s, had they been able to get their hands on any quality production equipment.

Last edited:
Reactions: timnsun
I didn't say anything about not wanting him. I have made it clear above that my view of this(which I have not watched and will not do so) has nothing to do with his choice and everything to do with how he did it. I don't like it one bit more for anybody who chooses Nebraska. You will not see me praising Lamar Jackson if he does this and chooses Nebraska, because I don't like it, period. I'm not going to waste my time watching some stupid video to tell me something that I can find out pretty easily by other means.
You'll love it and you know it! Ha ha

You missed the point. This has nothing to do with sour grapes...at all. I don't blame the kid for choosing where he wanted to play football. If he wants to play at Louisville, that's his choice. Good luck to him.

I just have a DIY attitude, and this approach has never, nor never will appeal to me. Far too slick for my liking. It's something Miami commits would have done back in the 80s and 90s, had they been able to get their hands on any quality production equipment.
I have no trouble with you feeling this way. Perfectly fine with your thought process. To me, it just isn't as big of a deal. Just a difference of opinion. But I respect your post.

Reactions: Hoosker Du
Lamar Jackson doing a similar video tomorrow. If he's N, we'll see if the there's a change of tune from some posters....

True. However, I don't like that behavior even if said recruit is on our team.

LOL @ all the grown men that Tweeted with this guy thinking they could sway him to NU. He wanted all that attention and he got it. Video just cements that view.

Well, it's not like we are bare at the position. Good luck to Fitzpatrick. We'll land some fantastic prospects the next go round.

Reactions: Hoosker Du
If that would have been an N on that football people here would have loved it ... we didn't like where he committed so we are are attacking how he chose to commit

I don't know about anyone else, but I can say with 100% certainty that my opinion of this video has absolutely nothing to do with him choosing Louisville. None whatsoever. I hope the kid is as happy as a lark with choosing Louisville. I can't wish ill on someone for choosing where his heart led him.

But the video is an animated billboard for bad taste. It's just major cheese. Think about this...he and his dad sitting down at the kitchen table and workshopping the dialogue. Taking the time to write down the words that he'll use to act casually as he walks throughout his neighborhood...with a video camera right in his mug. It's sickening.

Reactions: bigboxes
True. However, I don't like that behavior even if said recruit is on our team.

LOL @ all the grown men that Tweeted with this guy thinking they could sway him to NU. He wanted all that attention and he got it. Video just cements that view.

Well, it's not like we are bare at the position. Good luck to Fitzpatrick. We'll land some fantastic prospects the next go round.

Seriously, these people need to have some pride. It's time to reassess things when you start begging a high school kid that you don't know from Adam to come to your favorite university.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT