ADVERTISEMENT

Fisher on Husker DBs

HominidHusker

First Team All-Big Ten
Jun 25, 2018
Fish definitely likes Buford (as has garnered much attention).
Omar Brown working at Safety- interesting.

Here’s Fisher’s Farmer followed by NPG comments:

"He's competing with guys that are smaller than him, that are faster than him. Sometimes he has the knowledge, he has the edge, so he needs to be able to react faster, see things faster and move faster. So this offseason will be huge for him," Fisher said, mentioning the continued strength and conditioning aspect.

But no doubt Farmer is someone he is counting on to lead and play a key role.

When it comes to Noa Pola-Gates, he's been a good older guy leader in the room but has some work to do in a crowded room. "To me, he's a step down from Myles from the reaction standpoint, just being able to react to what he knows is right and being able to communicate and get that defense lined up and do his job."
——-
“Eeek” for an experienced former All American who hasn’t managed to grow his body much after several years.
——-

"And Jalil Martin is a freak. I told people this when I recruited him, I knew when I recruited him just watching him move, being able to do some things with him. He can play both positions. He's going to be a player for a long time here. And I think he's the next huge NFL player that's going to have the chance to play on Sundays just by the things he can do with the kind of length that he has. The kid is 6-2 1/2. Lost a lot of weight running track so he came in a little thin. He was the last freshman to come in.

"We're going to get the weight back on him, but man, this dude is sharp. He's sharp in the classroom. Those kids are having meetings on their own and he's sitting in the front. He's understanding stuff. He's speaking up in those meetings. The things I'm hearing about in in those player-led meetings is this kid (is like) he's been here before. So a lot of upside for Jalil."
——
pretty strong compliments there for someone who has flown under the radar as a new addition.
——-
“When it comes to the fifth-year junior Clark, "It's past his time, and Braxton knows that," said Fisher, meaning that Clark is past due to be a leading guy. "I think every time he gets a chance, he's probably wondering what I'm thinking. But it's past his time and that's what I'm thinking. ... Braxton knows that he can easily be a starter here. It's just what it takes day to day. The same thing I just said about Quinton Newsome is the same thing I'm looking for in Braxton Clark."
——
"Tommi Hill is a freak. There's not much the kid can't do at the position. He's going to be an NFL player if he doesn't mess it up. It's one thing to say those type of things about kids before they actually put the work in, but just the potential I see in him with his movement skills, he's just got to put the total package together to be that guy."
——-
Fisher had a heart-to-heart with (Javier Morton) just the other day. Fisher said Morton has muscles everywhere and works out hard. "He's got to mature to help us out this year and he knows it." Fisher told him everybody knows about his talent as a recruit from the south, and this team needs him and he can be a helluva football player. And, if he does it right, have a part to help this team beat Northwestern.

"He just looked at me and said, 'Yes sir.'"

—-

Not the whole story, but just a few things that stood out. I like Fisher being pretty candid.

Gould, K Williams, Bretz, Lynum, J. Wright, Gifford, Kolarevic are a few others in the room (including nickels).

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT