ADVERTISEMENT

First satellite camp set

A

anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi

June 15th in Hotlanta. Love that it is chapping the ass of SEC coaches already. Dabo is butthurt.
Now I know this has nothing on a topic like sugar, but I thought it is a good thing for the program.

Just my (worthless) opinion, but, NU football > Sugar

Won't know it by the number of replies this will get based on the sugar thread, but I'm pretty sure I'm right on this.

I know Dabo is an ACC coach, and I love that they are offended and act like it is "stretching the rules". Hypocrisy at its finest.

Just read an article about this... Was kind of surprised Urban Meyer said they would try it (satellite camps) but also thought they should be outlawed... What the hell Urb? ... As I recall he complained that the Big 10 needed to step there game up in recruiting and now that they are he sounds pissy about it.

I know Dabo is an ACC coach, and I love that they are offended and act like it is "stretching the rules". Hypocrisy at its finest.

Hey Dabo and Saban.......
index.php

Just read an article about this... Was kind of surprised Urban Meyer said they would try it (satellite camps) but also thought they should be outlawed... What the hell Urb? ... As I recall he complained that the Big 10 needed to step there game up in recruiting and now that they are he sounds pissy about it.
Of course he is pissed, without them, he has the conference locked up. I wouldn't want anyone doing anything to threaten my lock either.

Reactions: anon_41ic26spm9w6q
I don't get the negative to satellite camps. How is this bad for kids or programs? What would be the negative other than coaches don't want to put in the effort or can't do them do to conference rules (SEC)?

This is great news, and the fact that a bunch of other coaches are complaining about it only further proves that this is an effective way to promote Husker football.

Columbus, Ohio is closest to the most population in the US within a 500-mile radius of a city (campus). Not only that but he also doesn't want additional competition in the areas he has connections, which includes SEC land. SEC and ACC dominate that area, and now you have Penn State (started last year), Nebraska, Notre Dame and Michigan all with satellite camps in SEC land and the "big boys of recruiting" will not like it.

Why? Because it gives other schools a foot in the door, and that foot means something. It allows coaches to evaluate a prospect, in person, at a young age and start that relationship that's needed. Urban Meyer isn't the only one that doesn't want them available, Saban has voiced his displeasure with it as well. The SEC has a conference rule prohibiting their schools from participating in satellite camps.

Meyer at Ohio State, top recruits (4 and 5-stars) landed from SEC land

Florida
4-star Joey Bosa
4-star James Clark
4-star Johnnie Dixon
4-star Jamel Dean
4-star Torrance Gibson

Georgia
5-star Vonn Bell
5-star Raekwon McMillan
4-star Trey Johnson

Mississippi
4-star Corey Smith

That's some damn good talent picked right out of SEC land. Doesn't include what they've pulled from ACC and/or B12 land either. Now, other schools in the B1G will have a chance to identify talent at a much younger age, get that relationship started and see it pay off down the road. I can't stress how important the satellite camps are to a school like Nebraska.

P.S.
Bo signed 4-star Brion Carnes (legacy), 4-star Tyler Moore (legacy), and received a commitment (signed with Riley) from 4-star Stanley Morgan. That's absolutely atrocious considering he came from LSU, off a national championship.

Urban is clever like a fox. He just won a NC and doesn't need these satellite camps to get talent to OSU. So really it doesn't benefit him or us his team. In fact it could help teams like Nebraska and PSU compete and possibly beat his teams by getting that down south talent and speed on their respective clubs....Hmmm now why would he think it should be banned??? Lol...smart man that Urban is.

Holla

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT