ADVERTISEMENT

First Pitch In Two Weeks - Schedule Thoughts

coolonetoo

Junior
May 12, 2003
1. The home schedule? Yuck. Weekend series vs. Illinois State, Nicholls, Illinois, Northwestern, Minnesota, Penn State.
2. The two four-game series are over four days. No Saturday doubleheaders. I suppose that's better for pitching but I sure love attending doubleheaders.
3. Upon further inspection, there is a doubleheader on April 1. In Abilene, TX. With no other games that weekend. What?

Yeah, not the most amazing home schedule ever, probably why there's still season tickets left haha. I'm booked to go to Minneapolis for the tourney though, I'm super hyped about that.

All the good series are on the road this time. The tournament vs Vandy, Hawaii and Ole Miss? That's some ball games. @San Diego, @Maryland, @Purdue, @Michigan and @Iowa. Hopefully we prove to be a decent road team this year because we got some battles.

Reactions: saluno22
While season tickets are suffering with the bad home schedule, being so bad last year doesn't help for pre-season interest from casual fans. Hopefully the experience gained through the portal will pay off, and there will be plenty of butts in seats if we're rolling through the conference schedule and have a shot at a conference title.

Reactions: sklarbodds
$12 Busch just doesn’t do it for me.
throw up GIF

3. Upon further inspection, there is a doubleheader on April 1. In Abilene, TX. With no other games that weekend. What?
We're actually lucky to have that Saturday double header. Someone (can't remember who) bailed on us leaving us w/o an opponent for that weekend. Abilene and Corpus Christi squeezed us into their scheduled weekend by abandoning their own Saturday game to play us.

ADVERTISEMENT