ADVERTISEMENT

First day in pads/depth chart/roster omissions?

v1nufan

Redshirt Freshman
Aug 15, 2018
So will we learn anything today regarding current roster or are we going to be experiencing a media blackout for the foreseeable future due to Covid?

Have they verified that today actually IS the first day in pads? I think it was what they were shooting for, assuming that all of the schools had received their testing equipment.

Going to be interesting to hear if any team in BIG 10 did not choose to practice in pads today if already given clearance by the conference to do so. IMO, does not bode well for a issue free schedule start date of 10/24 for the entire league. Fingers crossed.

Yeah let's be honest if they delay the star of pads then that doesn't bode for 10/24. However, there have been no rumblings as of yet of anything going wrong.

I doubt we learn a ton from the first padded practice, no. I assume practices will be closed to media, the wild card is whether they'll do more outdoor practicing, but frankly I doubt it.

If the Hawks is like the Cook was they will have big exhaust fans that they can move tons of air through their indoor facility. Teams now are so paranoid that I doubt they practice outdoors unless they need to work on grass. I have no idea if media would be allowed to be off at the fences observing, but doubtful they can be there without an invite.

Get ready for a lot of coachspeak and retweets of coachspeek for the next month. That and trying to read WAY too far into 1.5 second clips from a supercut of practice highlights. "Aw man, 24 caught the ball, who's that? HUUUUUUGE year on the way for him, Greg!"

it's the frickin mindset. dont mind leaving this out. like frost alot but really what does it take to send someone, lets just say the waterboy out and tell a writer that we will start practice today

The answer to that question (is it a question) is either "sasquatch" or "turkey baster".

I’m pretty sure they practiced today in pads. All week last week and this weekend up to this point the players have been going on about getting back into pads and getting back to real work. And like some of you have pointed out, there isn’t a single player out there right now complaining about not being allowed to practice. Today was the day they were supposed to start full contact practices.

Last edited:
Reactions: huntered
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT