ADVERTISEMENT

First B1G Ten institution to report staff/coaches furloughs?

v1nufan

Redshirt Freshman
Aug 15, 2018
So reading this morning that Boise St has announced budget cuts that include staff reductions and adjustments to coaching salaries.

Curious who you think in the B1G Ten is at most risk financially? My guess....

East division: Maryland ( if UA money not there), otherwise Rutgers.

West division: Illinois

Thoughts?

Reactions: TwinsRRUs
So reading this morning that Boise St has announced budget cuts that include staff reductions and adjustments to coaching salaries.

Curious who you think in the B1G Ten is at most risk financially? My guess....

East division: Maryland ( if UA money not there), otherwise Rutgers.

West division: Illinois

Thoughts?

No Big Ten team is currently at risk financially. Every school but Maryland is receiving full a money payout from the league. Hell, Rutgers will receive a $56 million check on June 30th.

Boise St's reductions for anyone making over $150k are basically a 10 day furlough. So Harsin, making $1.65m is going to give up about $63k. It's not nothing, but not a huge deal either.

Reactions: rphusker
#yikes If we don't open this country back up, yesterday, this is going to be a total effing disaster.

Already there except on delay. Debt situation before this happened was worse per capita than 1929 by a sizable amount.

Why do you think I keep saying you ain't seen nothing yet on stimulus? It's going to blow your mind how crazy this gets.

#yikes If we don't open this country back up, yesterday, this is going to be a total effing disaster.
You know, I was going to post this earlier in another thread but didn't because I didn't want this to be viewed as "political" which it's not, but someone on the radio made a very good point. IF these Corona labeled deaths were in Montana, Wyoming and Missouri, would New York have shut down? Or the rest of the country like it has now??

Agree we gotta get going and opened up. We've stimulated the economy as much as we can falsely by creating/printing $$. We have to start generating$$ again, not soon, but now.

You know, I was going to post this earlier in another thread but didn't because I didn't want this to be viewed as "political" which it's not, but someone on the radio made a very good point. IF these Corona labeled deaths were in Montana, Wyoming and Missouri, would New York have shut down? Or the rest of the country like it has now??

Agree we gotta get going and opened up. We've stimulated the economy as much as we can falsely by creating/printing $$. We have to start generating$$ again, not soon, but now.

Stimulated as much as we can? Lol...

As much as we SHOULD maybe... but there is literally no limit to what we CAN do. As we are about to find out to our remorse.

imagine how bad it would be if athletic departments had to pay the other 98% of their employees

Wondering if Dickerson's check cleared?

No doubt...still baffled there. Minnesota not even in his Top schools and suddenly they get a virtual visit and commitment right after? The young man wasn’t anywhere near ready to commit...the whole thing screams wrong. There’s a reason why Sean Callahan made such a deal about it on Twitter. Dickerson has never been to the Minnesota campus, not once.

Didn't they just announce big federal checks to all the major universities? Something like 16 Mil to NU
Nebraska university system announced they're giving some free tuition next year to more students. I assume that was part of that

Reactions: huskerssalts
This is not political, but here are some of the other things that are currently either legal or illegal-- all of these sometimes kill people but we are apparently fine with these...... just not the virus

tobacco
alcohol
cars
airplanes
abortion
illegal drugs
guns

Apparently some deaths are ok. I'm fine for flattening the curve, but that has now been done. The health systems can handle it. If you still need you feel to stay at home, more power to you. But open up the country or get rid of everything else on the list too. Then I'll know there isn't some other agenda keeping everything closed.

They know a lot. Just not about economics.

Some decisions about lives are just cold and have to be. I don't know when reopening is right but I can do 4th grade mathematics to see the depth of our economic hole and it ain't pretty.
So...let's kill off more first responders AND regular folks?

You might as well just say that you're for human sacrifice.....because that is what you're essentially saying.

I'm all for opening things up.....when it can be done with a high level of intelligence, and ability to actually test employees...and often. We are nowhere close to being able to do so.

You might as well just say that you're for human sacrifice.....because that is what you're essentially saying.

I'm all for opening things up.....when it can be done with a high level of intelligence, and ability to actually test employees...and often. We are nowhere close to being able to do so.
it's really sad that anyone who wants to post anything has to use the caveat "of course I wish none of this were happening, and even 1 death is 1 too many" prior to sharing their opinion.

what are we, 8 years old? we get it, you're a hero. pat yourself on the back elsewhere.

No doubt...still baffled there. Minnesota not even in his Top schools and suddenly they get a virtual visit and commitment right after? The young man wasn’t anywhere near ready to commit...the whole thing screams wrong. There’s a reason why Sean Callahan made such a deal about it on Twitter. Dickerson has never been to the Minnesota campus, not once.

The whole thing screams wrong? Dickerson & his coach have spoken about this & how he slept on his decision before sleeping bu
Imagine accusing fleck of this. University of Minnesota has the stingiest program in the nation but yeah because Dickerson who himself has come out & said he wanted to leave Nebraska but stay close to home.

Hardly. I just understand the math and that we will lose lives regardless.

We are all going to get this or as an alternative live in a bubble for 3 years until a vaccine is produced.

Those are facts with the caveat that the vaccine is a give or take on that 3 years.

This virus is killing a lot of people. Poverty destroys lives too. And if we don't fix our supply lines well... we are the breadbasket of the world. Lack of food kills last I checked. And if all we are doing is printing money to buy that food, the prices will skyrocket with no recourse to stop them.

There is a lot more to this decision than abject fear of a virus that we are going to get anyway.

And for future reference I can quote one m.d. for sure that echoes my position damn near precisely. Like it or not, other people can do math too.

Hardly. I just understand the math and that we will lose lives regardless.

We are all going to get this or as an alternative live in a bubble for 3 years until a vaccine is produced.

Those are facts with the caveat that the vaccine is a give or take on that 3 years.

This virus is killing a lot of people. Poverty destroys lives too. And if we don't fix our supply lines well... we are the breadbasket of the world. Lack of food kills last I checked. And if all we are doing is printing money to buy that food, the prices will skyrocket with no recourse to stop them.

There is a lot more to this decision than abject fear of a virus that we are going to get anyway.

And for future reference I can quote one m.d. for sure that echoes my position damn near precisely. Like it or not, other people can do math too.
I wonder what his thoughts are on actuarial science

"they're all murderers!", probably

The whole thing screams wrong? Dickerson & his coach have spoken about this & how he slept on his decision before sleeping bu

Oh ok...Mr know everything about A Dickersons recruitment. If you say so...

And i want to see the quote of Dickerson saying he said he wanted to leave Nebraska to play. And I don’t mean something after he committed to Minnesota, I’m talking before. Because again, it came out of now where and he sure seemed fine playing for his home state before this Minnesota crap.

Thanks for hijacking the thread towards getting locked. Your schtick is getting mundane

Haha keep believing that . He wanted to stay near his mom but leave Nebraska, that a fact, a quoted from him & his coach

You guys weren’t even in consideration not to long ago. Between LSU, OSU, Huskers and all the other big time programs working him...yes, it’s just a matter of time before he decommits.

again, let’s see the quotes. It’s still just you saying it.

Oh ok...Mr know everything about A Dickersons recruitment. If you say so...

And i want to see the quote of Dickerson saying he said he wanted to leave Nebraska to play. And I don’t mean something after he committed to Minnesota, I’m talking before. Because again, it came out of now where and he sure seemed fine playing for his home state before this Minnesota crap.
https://247sports.com/college/nebra...earned-Avante-Dickerson-commitment-146244514/

There you go. Read it. His coach has been directly involved with his commitment

https://247sports.com/college/nebra...earned-Avante-Dickerson-commitment-146244514/

There you go. Read it. His coach has been directly involved with his commitment

again, not something he spits out after he committed to Minnesota. I want to see something showing he didn’t want to stay in Nebraska before hand...so let’s try it again. If you guys followed his recruitment the whole time, you’d get my point and why I say he will end up decommitting.

You guys weren’t even in consideration not to long ago. Between LSU, OSU, Huskers and all the other big time programs working him...yes, it’s just a matter of time before he decommits.

again, let’s see the quotes. It’s still just you saying it.

This is just blatantly false. He was being talked on gophers boards months ago & gophers 247 writer said gophers were going after him hard & he had visits canceled to the covid. Maybe your mods should tell you the truth

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT