ADVERTISEMENT

Fire Moos!!

Sodakred

Sophomore
Jul 31, 2018
Chandler, AZ
It isn’t right to give him a pass today when everyone else related to the football program apparently needs firing or benching. And on a slightly more serious note, only the AD can light a fire under the coach’s butt and that AD won’t be the guy who hired him.

But, but... Moos had to play Santa Claus to the tune of a $10 million contract extension. A blogger said Frost was on the hot seat!

I will lay money that Moos will retire at the end of next year if not sooner. Hopefully the basketball team is playing in the top half of the big ten so he has that to hang on

Moos has hired a excellent basketball coach, a seemingly good hire in baseball, made the only choice at the time in getting frost, has spearheaded new football facilities, among other things. In all honesty he’s the best ad we’ve had in a while and you can’t pin the frost hire on him when he was the only choice anyone wanted
I dont blame Moos for hiring Frost. I do blame him for that extension though. No need for that. Moos has been our best AD since Byrne. I think he deserves to ride it out til retirement.

I dont blame Moos for hiring Frost. I do blame him for that extension though. No need for that. Moos has been our best AD since Byrne. I think he deserves to ride it out til retirement.

Yea, this can’t be on Moos head? I like who he has hired in Baseball and Basketball...

He had no choice to hirer the hottest coach who won a National title here as our next head coach..

Reactions: headcard
It isn’t right to give him a pass today when everyone else related to the football program apparently needs firing or benching. And on a slightly more serious note, only the AD can light a fire under the coach’s butt and that AD won’t be the guy who hired him.

Seriously, don't you learn idiot? All the AD and Head Coach firings is whats gotten NU into this mess

I’m not sure why fans care about extensions. They have to extend coaches or it looks bad to recruits, and if we fire him who cares? The fans are not paying for it. The big money boosters will, and they have so much money they do not even care.

Reactions: headcard
I’m not sure why fans care about extensions. They have to extend coaches or it looks bad to recruits, and if we fire him who cares? The fans are not paying for it. The big money boosters will, and they have so much money they do not even care.
I hated the extension because it was a lavish reward for crappy results. Didn't exactly scream, "Your team needs to get a whole better, and are you sure this staff is Big Ten caliber?"

Reactions: TheNewNU
I hated the extension because it was a lavish reward for crappy results. Didn't exactly scream, "Your team needs to get a whole better, and are you sure this staff is Big Ten caliber?"
Like I said it’s not coming out of our pocket, who cares. It’s like coaches who say they have no desire to coach another team and two days later they leave to another team. It’s part of the business, and has to be that way.

Exactly when all the talking heads were questioning if Frost could get it done and were starting to say he was on the hot seat Moos extends him 2 years in the most tone deaf move of the year

Like I said it’s not coming out of our pocket, who cares. It’s like coaches who say they have no desire to coach another team and two days later they leave to another team. It’s part of the business, and has to be that way.
Frost already had 5 years left on his deal. No need to extend to 7

I just told you why it matters: because when you reward terrible results, you tend to get more terrible results.

Theo Epstein is unemployed, hire him as AD. If he could break curses for the Cubs and Red Sox, maybe he could do it here too.
Damn I thought Jones was the most common last name in the U.S. I thought Brian (Beatles) and Jeffrey were the most famous. Now they are coming out of the woodwork.

So would you be okay with it if he got another extension after this year?
Honestly, I hope something happens and he turns into the coach we all expected when he came here. I hope he earns an extension. But it’s hard to see how he could do that at this point. They can give him a 20 year extension if they want. I just HOPE that when it’s time to fire him, they fire him. This program is absolutely trash right now, if they give him three more years what does it hurt?

Honestly, I hope something happens and he turns into the coach we all expected when he came here. I hope he earns an extension. But it’s hard to see how he could do that at this point. They can give him a 20 year extension if they want. I just HOPE that when it’s time to fire him, they fire him. This program is absolutely trash right now, if they give him three more years what does it hurt?
It makes it harder to fire him.

Reactions: schuele
It makes it harder to fire him.
I disagree if he has three more years and no improvement it makes for a pretty open and shut case on needing to fire him. The loss of a fall camp has really undercut the progress that everyone was hoping for. I don’t think frost deserves a pass. He doesnt seem to be a good motivator, I don’t understand how he can talk about turning a corner and then let his team come out with no pulse. I like a lot of his position coaches, and I think chin can be a good dc.

What I don’t understand is how our qbs for three years haven’t seen open recievers down field. It’s proof that Scott’s system can work and a glaring weakness in a qb coach. They aren’t seeing the whole field, unable to make more than one or two reads, and make terrible decisions. Mario is a qb whisperer they say but I haven’t seen anything resembling a competent understanding of this offense. No matter what they got on his test

Why would you fire Moos when he has made the only hire for football and has hired a good men's basketball and baseball coach. He has done everything right so far unless you want to argue the Frost extension. Even with that recruiting can be a real mess without it. Who was to guess year three in the Frost experiment would look like a high school coach trying to run a p5 school.

I disagree if he has three more years and no improvement it makes for a pretty open and shut case on needing to fire him. The loss of a fall camp has really undercut the progress that everyone was hoping for. I don’t think frost deserves a pass. He doesnt seem to be a good motivator, I don’t understand how he can talk about turning a corner and then let his team come out with no pulse. I like a lot of his position coaches, and I think chin can be a good dc.

What I don’t understand is how our qbs for three years haven’t seen open recievers down field. It’s proof that Scott’s system can work and a glaring weakness in a qb coach. They aren’t seeing the whole field, unable to make more than one or two reads, and make terrible decisions. Mario is a qb whisperer they say but I haven’t seen anything resembling a competent understanding of this offense. No matter what they got on his test
I’m sorry but I don’t see receivers running open down field. One today that Luke threw 8 yards over his head.

Maybe for fans. But not to the University. Wichita State just gave Greg Marshall $15 million to leave. It’s nothing to these schools.

Actually it was 7.75 million paid out over 6 years. Huge money but “nothing” compared to Frost’s contract. Winking

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT