ADVERTISEMENT

Fire Frost

I'm not ready to say that Frost needs to be fired after this season especially in such a chaotic year in general. However, I did expect more to be accomplished by year 3. This just feels like another coach in training scenario....

frost bugged me more when he went to stanford, and cried about the NC after the tenn game...
he's not allways been the sharpest tool in the shed, but he did good at qb, at oregon and that florida team....
he just doesn't have the horses to run his system

Nebraska has lost its identity. Trying to become the Oregon of the Big Ten is doomed to failure. Swing passes, quick outs, and --good god -- never ending QB draws - McCaffrey had 20 carries ......in the first half.

Did Frost really believe that snapping it to McCaffrey and have him run 30 times was going to defeat Illinois? Say what you want about Lovie Smith as HC but that man knows how to coach defense.

No way Moos fires Frost
Frost is reluctant to change
Nebraska is becoming Iowa State

Nebraska has lost its identity. Trying to become the Oregon of the Big Ten is doomed to failure. Swing passes, quick outs, and --good god -- endless QB draws - McCaffrey had 20 carries ......in the first half. Did Frost really believe that snapping it to McCaffrey and have him run 30 times was going to defeat Illinois? Say what you want about Lovie Smith as HC but that man knows how to coach defense.

No way Moos fires Frost
Iowa State is 6-2 and has performed better than us in recent years...At this point, Id take it. In fact, maybe we should have gone after their coach instead of Frost.

Iowa State is 6-2 and has performed better than us in recent years...At this point, Id take it. In fact, maybe we should have gone after their coach instead of Frost.
Iowa State has never finished in the Top 10. If Frost stays with the too cute and gimmick loaded Oregon wannabe offense Nebraska will be a perennial long dog to win the Big Ten West, never mind a Top 10 ranking. Sorry, that offense just isn't going to be consistently successful in the Big Ten. And the N defense? Double trouble.

UCLA
3-9
4-8
1-2

Scott Frost is the next Chip Kelly. Unless he changes course. I don't think he will.

Last edited:
Reactions: bumps
Nebraska has lost its identity. Trying to become the Oregon of the Big Ten is doomed to failure. Swing passes, quick outs, and --good god -- never ending QB draws - McCaffrey had 20 carries ......in the first half.

Did Frost really believe that snapping it to McCaffrey and have him run 30 times was going to defeat Illinois? Say what you want about Lovie Smith as HC but that man knows how to coach defense.

No way Moos fires Frost

first of all, Frost isn’t getting fired. We’ve been firing coaches since Tom left and I believe it’s part of our current problem. We were spoiled with success and being a blue blood of college football but never stuck with a couple coaches who did well.

However, losing our old identity was likely to be part of the overall evolution of college football. We can’t go back to Toms offense and be successful. Just look at arguably the best coach ever, Nick Saban, and how’s he’s changed and admitted to what is going on with offenses. I saw an interview with him a couple weeks ago talking about it. Frost has the right idea but doesn’t have the players to pull it off.

No doubt our defense is poor and it needs to be better. No doubt we shouldn’t be looking at the QB running the ball as much as we do but the offense can’t go back. We’ve got to stick with it and more importantly recruit recruit and recruit which is where Frost is performing even worse. We can’t have classes dominated by 3 stars unless he’s finding diamonds in the rough. He’s got to get some superior talent in here or he will ultimately fail. So far he hasn’t found a bunch of diamonds in the rough nor has he recruited superiorly talented players. That’s been my biggest beef and his biggest downfall especially if he wants to run the offense he’s trying.

IMO PRIORITY LIST:

A...fire himself as OC, he needs to run the program full time and let someone focus on playcalling full time

B...they need to find an actual Offense to run instead of cobbling together concepts and trying to fuse them together as an O ala Tim Beck

C... Understand that if you are going to run some sort of spread, you better out recruit everyone because so many DCs (good ones anyway) have seen enough of this around the country, they can defend it. Therefore you better out "Jimmy and Joe" them substantially

D...decide if Professor Verdu and his 800 question tests is really getting you ANY QB development

E...Find and develop a true Center...Cam is the guy but he is injury plagued (especially feet) and either misses chunks of time or plays hurt with his foot injuries, causing issues with snaps and hinders his ability to push off and/or pull. Will, Hixson and even Matt aren't seeming to be quality options

Those IMO should top the list...until yesterday, the D has shown improvements but it is getting hung out to dry by a totally inept, offensive offense. It is one thing for a D to defend alot of snaps because the O is clicking and scoring fast and putting points up. It is quite another when there are high snap numbers in bad positions on the field and without your O getting touchdowns

PS...every facet stunk yesterday and I acknowledge that but my points above were dealing with the macro of the season and not micro of just yesterday

However, losing our old identity was likely to be part of the overall evolution of college football. We can’t go back to Toms offense and be successful.
I didn't suggest that Frost simply install Tom O's offense. But I did make the claim that the Oregon offense will not be consistently successful at Nebraska. For a number of reasons - and recruiting is but one reason, a big one, no doubt.

Neither Frost nor Moos are going anywhere. For better or for worse we are stuck with them. So we better hope that Frost sheds his arrogance and begins to realize that some rather big changes need to be made. He has to set personal loyalties aside and think of what is best overall for the program. And that might just mean firing some coaches that he is very close to. This staff is clearly not very good at getting guys ready to play. Frost complained in his presser that it seemed the players lacked enthusiasm for this game. Say what??? After beating PSU there was still a lot to play for in this season. A possible 6-2 season and a decent bowl game come to mind. And if he has players that truly love the program then they should have played with passion. The fact that they did not is an indication that he has a roster full of individuals, but not a team, not a program. And that is on the coaches.

IMO PRIORITY LIST:

A...fire himself as OC, he needs to run the program full time and let someone focus on playcalling full time

B...they need to find an actual Offense to run instead of cobbling together concepts and trying to fuse them together as an O ala Tim Beck

C... Understand that if you are going to run some sort of spread, you better out recruit everyone because so many DCs (good ones anyway) have seen enough of this around the country, they can defend it. Therefore you better out "Jimmy and Joe" them substantially

D...decide if Professor Verdu and his 800 question tests is really getting you ANY QB development

E...Find and develop a true Center...Cam is the guy but he is injury plagued (especially feet) and either misses chunks of time or plays hurt with his foot injuries, causing issues with snaps and hinders his ability to push off and/or pull. Will, Hixson and even Matt aren't seeming to be quality options

Those IMO should top the list...until yesterday, the D has shown improvements but it is getting hung out to dry by a totally inept, offensive offense. It is one thing for a D to defend alot of snaps because the O is clicking and scoring fast and putting points up. It is quite another when there are high snap numbers in bad positions on the field and without your O getting touchdowns

PS...every facet stunk yesterday and I acknowledge that but my points above were dealing with the macro of the season and not micro of just yesterday
Frost needs to fire Chinander and hire a proven, successful, and seasoned D-Coordinator. And that coordinator needs to have complete control over who he wants for position coaches. I think we all know that Frost won’t make this happen.

Frost also needs to remove himself from calling the offense.

And for coach Verdu, buy the man a box of nice cigars and send him packing.

anybody notice how many young guys are playing, it takes time so be a little patient with this. we lack recievers right now and running backs who are trusted, our D sucks but I do think they will get better, firing coaches is not the answer give him some time to right the ship

anybody notice how many young guys are playing, it takes time so be a little patient with this. we lack recievers right now and running backs who are trusted, our D sucks but I do think they will get better, firing coaches is not the answer give him some time to right the ship
Actually, firing assistant coaches is sometimes the answer. There is such a thing as a mediocre coach. And I think we have a couple on our staff. Chinander and Harry Potter come to mind.

Actually, firing assistant coaches is sometimes the answer. There is such a thing as a mediocre coach. And I think we have a couple on our staff. Chinander and Harry Potter come to mind.

1. What if the problem isn't the assistants?
2. If you are a quality assistant with aspirations of rising through the ranks are you going to gamble your career riding with Frost at this point?

No way Moos fires Frost
At this point I'd love to be Iowa State

Neb might be able to fire him for cause due to NCAA violations and not have to buy out his contract

*NCAA Bylaw 11.1.5 Use of Tobacco Products

The use of tobacco products is prohibited by all game personnel (e.g., coaches, trainers, managers and game officials) in all sports during practice and competition. Uniform penalties (as determined by the applicable rules-making committees and sports committees with rules-making responsibilities) shall be established for such use.

maxresdefault.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: CatColumbia
Neb might be able to fire him for cause due to NCAA violations and not have to buy out his contract

*NCAA Bylaw 11.1.5 Use of Tobacco Products

The use of tobacco products is prohibited by all game personnel (e.g., coaches, trainers, managers and game officials) in all sports during practice and competition. Uniform penalties (as determined by the applicable rules-making committees and sports committees with rules-making responsibilities) shall be established for such use.

maxresdefault.jpg
Nice, I hope this happens. Frost is the problem, firing assistants won't do anything

Reactions: NikkiSixx and bumps
OMG...does he really have a mouth full of chewy tabbacy during a press conference? Please tell me that’s not true. Good grief

Iowa State has never finished in the Top 10. If Frost stays with the too cute and gimmick loaded Oregon wannabe offense Nebraska will be a perennial long dog to win the Big Ten West, never mind a Top 10 ranking. Sorry, that offense just isn't going to be consistently successful in the Big Ten. And the N defense? Double trouble.

UCLA
3-9
4-8
1-2

Scott Frost is the next Chip Kelly. Unless he changes course. I don't think he will.
Ummmm when is the last time Nebraska finished in the top 10 😂😂😂?

Reactions: Mrs.Jeans15
That isn't going to happen. People sound ignorant saying this. He isn't going anywhere for at least 5 more years. We need to get over it. But he does need to get his head on straight and figure some shit out.

Best thing to happen to Nebraska is Frost is around a long time. The mess created known as Nebraska football is the result of countless coaching and AD changes. ZERO continuity. You reap what you sew.

No way Moos fires Frost

Well, I'm still a HCSF fan and think he'll get it going. But as you mention sir the annual 850,000 swing passes simply "must" be changed. The sooner the better.....

Unfortunately Frost won't go anywhere, but Muschamp is setting without a job and then go find a legit OC and see what happens....

Reactions: Mrs.Jeans15
Best thing to happen to Nebraska is Frost is around a long time. The mess created known as Nebraska football is the result of countless coaching and AD changes. ZERO continuity. You reap what you sew.
Yesterday, I reaped myself a refurbished pair of pants by sewing the button back on that had broke off.

• Haha
Reactions: Pennsyhusker
The program was a mess when he got here, there’s no doubt about that. The problem is that he was hired to make it better and he hasn’t done that. In fact, it’s gotten even worse under him in some respects and there is no sign that he knows how to make it better.

The program was a mess when he got here, there’s no doubt about that. The problem is that he was hired to make it better and he hasn’t done that. In fact, it’s gotten even worse under him in some respects and there is no sign that he knows how to make it better.

Yes sir, your post cannot be denied. I'm still praying for a breakthrough.....we'll see.

“You reap what you sew”...lol. Oh sweet Jesus. And this hick has the gall to call someone else a hillbilly.

Reactions: dinglefritz
The fact that they did not is an indication that he has a roster full of individuals, but not a team, not a program. And that is on the coaches.

Nailed it. It has been that way since Riley took the reins and has never improved.

Zero idea why, but it's our hallmark.

Look at the captains elected. Are they the kind of players that hold others accountable?

We’ve been firing coaches since Tom left

So did Alabama until they got Saban. Where are the coaches we fired? HC of Ohio, Browns offensive line coach, LSU DC and most recently OC for the Seattle Dragons...

Nebraska has not hired well post T.O. and Frost and Co. look to be swimming in it. Our DC had 1 year of DC experience at the group of five level before getting the Nebraska job. Can you think of any of our assistant coaches that would be poached by other programs?

Again we tried to win a game with a center that cannot snap the football forcing our QB's to jump everytime, how can we run a tempo offense with any rythm?

So did Alabama until they got Saban. Where are the coaches we fired? HC of Ohio, Browns offensive line coach, LSU DC and most recently OC for the Seattle Dragons...

Nebraska has not hired well post T.O. and Frost and Co. look to be swimming in it. Our DC had 1 year of DC experience at the group of five level before getting the Nebraska job. Can you think of any of our assistant coaches that would be poached by other programs?

Again we tried to win a game with a center that cannot snap the football forcing our QB's to jump everytime, how can we run a tempo offense with any rythm?

That's a damn good question.

Reactions: cornhustler
I don't know where we go from here. This loss was really ugly. Illinois is just awful, until they play us. I think we have to give Frost 5 years but we need to see progress and it just hasn't happened. I think we are at a critical time the Frost regime, are we going to start loosing recruits? I think the class is somewhat underwhelming right now but we can't loose the few really good players in an otherwise mediocre class. How about the current players? I am worried about wide receivers and running backs.

1. I don't think Frost is going anywhere, and I'm okay with that. We need some consistency, and Frost is better positioned to bring that to Nebraska than any of the other coaches we've had.
2. I think Frost is a smart guy, despite his struggles of late he has proven himself as a coach.
3. I'm hopeful that Frost will adjust his coaching to the realities of his team and the Big 10 conference.
4. Having said the above, I could hardly be more disappointed. At this point, our complete inability to perform the simplest aspects of the game is extremely disconcerting. It's one thing to run up the middle and not advance more than a couple of yards because you lack talent, or the opponent made a play. It's something else to watch every single unit struggle. It's almost as if we have a bunch of guys who are playing the sport for the first time and don't have the slightest feel for game.

1. I don't think Frost is going anywhere, and I'm okay with that. We need some consistency, and Frost is better positioned to bring that to Nebraska than any of the other coaches we've had.
2. I think Frost is a smart guy, despite his struggles of late he has proven himself as a coach.
3. I'm hopeful that Frost will adjust his coaching to the realities of his team and the Big 10 conference.
4. Having said the above, I could hardly be more disappointed. At this point, our complete inability to perform the simplest aspects of the game is extremely disconcerting. It's one thing to run up the middle and not advance more than a couple of yards because you lack talent, or the opponent made a play. It's something else to watch every single unit struggle. It's almost as if we have a bunch of guys who are playing the sport for the first time and don't have the slightest feel for game.

Your post is very well stated sir. It's a rough, tough damn business watching NU playing so horribly inept. I have no idea what the hell is going on.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT