ADVERTISEMENT

Fire Frost

Here's the deal, there's not ONE player on Nebraska that could start for Ohio State, period. We all know Ohio State has NFL talent all over their roster, and they've been recruiting that way for a long time. Until Nebraska gets that kind of talent, these kind of losses to top teams will continue, as you all know.

I completely agree. Everyone just chill the f*** out and support the team. Wanting Frost fired after a year and a half is just ridiculous. There are huge talent gaps compared to Ohio St, who to me, looks like the best team in the country. If we are still like this after 4 or 5 years, I’ll be carrying a pitch fork too.

The best we can hope for is to see a battle next week with Northwestern that somehow turns into a win. Yes, Frost & Co. need to do a lot better, this game should have at least been somewhat competitive, although I really thought the Buckeyes would win by about 31 points, Nebraska is so riddled with mistakes on offense, and the defense can't stop an old lady from crossing the street.

After the 2022 season is over, that will be five years in the bank for Frost, if at that time Nebraska is still middling around and not a threat to get to the B1G title game, then the wolves should howl loudly for him to vacate the job, five years is enough to make the team a challenger to get to a conference championship game.

I agree also Frost is the guy and you’re a fn idiot crybaby. I bet you can’t wait for a loss so you can crack you knuckles and start crying on the boards. Sad. Nebraska has some of the best fans and at the same time, some of the dumbest...like really fn dumb.

Well there's a surprise...another abject fking moron on board with Chinander.

Hoosker Dufus says, get Saban, Belichick, or Dabo as the D coordinator and that will fix it. RollingLaugh

Have you cried all your tears out yet? RollingLaughRollingLaugh

Nope, stupidity like yours is enough to make anyone cry. And yet you manage to one-up yourself with new and innovative ways to convey idiocy. All hail Jimmy Frank. Making dumb people feel smart for years.

Nope, stupidity like yours is enough to make anyone cry. And yet you manage to one-up yourself with new and innovative ways to convey idiocy. All hail Jimmy Frank. Making dumb people feel smart for years.
Giving a coaching staff 1 1/4 seasons and expecting a different outcome to that game. Yeah I’m the stupid one lol. How fuking dumb are you. Go find another team, come crawling back when Frost has them rolling. Or get some chalk and draw a safe circle.

Reactions: zrob
So, when Bill Snyder was getting run out of Lincoln by 30 points in 1997 two games after Nebraska struggled to beat UCF by 14, did that mean UCF would have beaten that #7/#8 KSU team by 16? Not a direct, apples-to-apples comparison sure, Nebraska will finish nowhere near the top 25 this year, but there are plenty of examples of a top 5 team sleepwalking against a non conference opponent, so again: so what? I don't care what Ohio State or Florida Atlantic looked like on August 31st, it's September 28th now, and Ohio State looks like they'll be in the playoff, and Nebraska will need to play well enough to win against 3 more opponents to qualify for a bowl game in 2019 and continue restructuring the roster/depth chart to better compete at a national level. Don't like it? Tough titty.

Nebraska will finish near the top 25 this year? Based on what exactly? What have you seen thru 5 games that leads you to believe this team is finishing 8-4 or better?

Reactions: chuck285
Dumb as hell.

Care to expand?

If one is going to praise Frost for going 13-0 in Year 2 at UCF, why would Frost get a free pass for Year 2 here?

I think it's tough to grade a coach in just 2 seasons at a program. That means that even if Nebraska continues to struggle this year, it's way too early to give up on Frost. At the same time, just because Frost went 13-0 in Year 2 at UCF is not proof-positive that he is a great coach either. I don't see what would be so controversial with that assessment.

Has anyone said fire Frost? No. He could probably get rid of Chinander and Austin and I don't think anyone would complain though.
How about Walters? He doesn't call plays and our wide receivers suck. Where to begin, we are all frustrated, why does this continue to happen, we deserve some answers. I don't want to fire Frost, he really may be our only hope, but for the love of god, please take some responsibility. He needs to take a long look at his coaches. He is learning on the job, but let's stress the learning part. He needs better assistants, needs to improve his player evaluation. He is going to have a frigging cathedral here and needs to show us he can put a good product on the field. I want him to acknowledge some issues and not just coo over his players and how goddman proud he is of them. He really is stubborn and it's biting us in the ass.

You always say stupid shit, but this is a winner. You forgot Mike Riley.
Mike's teams didn't fall apart until year 3 if I recall correctly. But it's hard to compare those two guys. Mike was def bad, but Scott is off to a very rocky start in year 2. Not much progress, but a lot of talk and boasting by the head coach who can't seem to back it up. At least not yet.

Scott has the makeup of a winner, but has to fail hard first. It's a pattern with him, and he will likely turn it around, but it's going to have to get worse before it gets better, only when he is forced to make some changes that he otherwise wouldn't do.

That still doesn't solve the problem that is Eric Chinander being our DC. That guy has given up huge yards and points for 4 straight years. Frost needs to realize that he has attached himself to an anchor, and that anchor is going to drag Frost's career to the bottom with it.

I watched Collin Miller last night react to an outside running play as slowly as I've ever seen a LB react to a running play. It had nothing to do with Collin Miller's athleticism. It had something to do with something causing him to react like molasses. Not sure if the reads are more difficult to make with this defense or he is being taught poor technique, but he was taken almost completely out of the play until the RB was a good 12 yards down the field.
I do not agree with making coaching changes however Chinander is a bad D.C. He in is career has never coached a defense that has held a P5 team to less than 4 TD's in a game. The only exception game was last year in horrid weather against a really bad offense in MSU.

I will agree that Chin is not looking like a good DC. That said, there are very few parts of this team that look any good. They all need to grow, including Chin. If the other parts were in place, I'd say make a change. But that is not the case at all.

I do not agree with making coaching changes however Chinander is a bad D.C. He in is career has never coached a defense that has held a P5 team to less than 4 TD's in a game. The only exception game was last year in horrid weather against a really bad offense in MSU.
The defense is by design. For the most part, the defense is playing up to standard.

In this system, the defense is designed to play overly aggressive to get turnovers and such, to get the ball back quickly, so the offense can go score again. The style of defense is going to give up around 30 points a game. If you look at their performance so far, that is about what they have been producing.

Take the 17 points off Adrians' turnovers, and what did the D give up? 31 points.

It's this dumb oregon scheme.. it stresses the offense to the max, and when you have a non functioning QB running it back there, this is what you get.

Reactions: Bruce1981
Has anyone said fire Frost? No. He could probably get rid of Chinander and Austin and I don't think anyone would complain though.

Frost is extremely loyal and Chins is basically one of his best friends in the world.

I only see Frost firing any asst coach if he is told to do so (not of his choosing).

The defense is by design. For the most part, the defense is playing up to standard.

In this system, the defense is designed to play overly aggressive to get turnovers and such, to get the ball back quickly, so the offense can go score again. The style of defense is going to give up around 30 points a game. If you look at their performance so far, that is about what they have been producing.

Take the 17 points off Adrians' turnovers, and what did the D give up? 31 points.

It's this dumb oregon scheme.. it stresses the offense to the max, and when you have a non functioning QB running it back there, this is what you get.

Maybe so. I still suspect what is beating NU is the work being put in during the off season. Step back and objectively look at our team then look at WI or Iowa. Those players just look better and more athletic than ours. Maybe it's better under Frost and I believe it is but I question if the day to day commitment is there by players that will allow them to compete in the Big10. I hate calling out the work effort without really being able to know but visually it seems we have a long ways to go

Ohio St could have scored 80 plus if they wanted to.

You can be aggressive and still be smart. Leaving Alex Davis on an island is not smart.

I can only imagine Ryan Day was laughing on the sideline on how easy it was.

Reactions: SkerInCo
Maybe so. I still suspect what is beating NU is the work being put in during the off season. Step back and objectively look at our team then look at WI or Iowa. Those players just look better and more athletic than ours. Maybe it's better under Frost and I believe it is but I question if the day to day commitment is there by players that will allow them to compete in the Big10. I hate calling out the work effort without really being able to know but visually it seems we have a long ways to go
Agree. Everyone says it takes years for the improvements to become apparent. Not sure I buy that completely. Other teams seem able to turn things around quickly. We're stuck in the mud.

Mike's teams didn't fall apart until year 3 if I recall correctly. But it's hard to compare those two guys. Mike was def bad, but Scott is off to a very rocky start in year 2. Not much progress, but a lot of talk and boasting by the head coach who can't seem to back it up. At least not yet.

Scott has the makeup of a winner, but has to fail hard first. It's a pattern with him, and he will likely turn it around, but it's going to have to get worse before it gets better, only when he is forced to make some changes that he otherwise wouldn't do.

Smiling Mike gave us two losing seasons in just three years "and" the seven consecutive years prior to him arriving showed NU with zero losing seasons (none even close).

I don't think SF has to fail hard first. I'd bet the ranch he knows damn well he needs massive improvement from the big uglies. If you can't run the ball.....you've got problems in River City. But building a pipeline starting essentially with nothing is a rough, tough business.

Smiling Mike gave us two losing seasons in just three years "and" the seven consecutive years prior to him arriving showed NU with zero losing seasons (none even close).

I don't think SF has to fail hard first. I'd bet the ranch he knows damn well he needs massive improvement from the big uglies. If you can't run the ball.....you've got problems in River City. But building a pipeline starting essentially with nothing is a rough, tough business.
. Mike was always a .500 coach, and performed about the same here. His second season here was much improved.

Scott's major problem isn't with the big uglies, although I agree they need improvement. His major problem is Martinez, as everything in this system goes based on the QB. Put in a confident guy there like Luke, and all this starts to change, and your offense starts scoring points like they are supposed to, and the team also gains confidence in their leader and themselves.

Frost is learning that the Big Ten is not the AAC. Playing teams like ECU and UConn with a roster full of Florida recruits, is a lot easier than playing OSU and Michigan with a roster full of 3-stars and walk-ons.

Many Big Ten teams are very disciplined and well-coached, and have equal or better talent. So trying to oustcore them and get a bunch of turnovers might not be the best strategy.

. Mike was always a .500 coach, and performed about the same here. His second season here was much improved.

Scott's major problem isn't with the big uglies, although I agree they need improvement. His major problem is Martinez, as everything in this system goes based on the QB. Put in a confident guy there like Luke, and all this starts to change, and your offense starts scoring points like they are supposed to, and the team also gains confidence in their leader and themselves.

I'm really not trying to give you a hard time NikkiSixx. But I can't resist disagreeing again. :)

To a large degree I think AMart's biggest problem is having to catch center's snaps flying all over the place. I'd bet that would screw up Luke or "anyone" else. QBs need at least somewhat consistent hikes so they can think "quickly" about checking out their WRs, TEs & RBs. .

Also, I think that a good running game (mostly due to vicious big uglies) would most certainly help boatloads too.

I'm really not trying to give you a hard time NikkiSixx. But I can't resist disagreeing again. :)

To a large degree I think AMart's biggest problem is having to catch center's snaps flying all over the place. I'd bet that would screw up Luke or "anyone" else. QBs need at least somewhat consistent hikes so they can think "quickly" about checking out their WRs, TEs & RBs. .

Also, I think that a good running game (mostly due to vicious big uglies) would most certainly help boatloads too.
I hear you, and while I think what you propose would improve things, it is much like what we see when playing lower level competition and doesn't prepare you for tougher opponents. I still think when it comes to big close games or when coming from behind, we don't have a competitor and leader back there with the confidence necessary to make his own breaks, to bring up the team, and for them to believe in. It's the opposite that happens, and in spite of his athletic ability, his lack of these needed leadership skills hurts the team and why his ceiling is rather low and left for low to mediocre teams.

Frost is learning that the Big Ten is not the AAC. Playing teams like ECU and UConn with a roster full of Florida recruits, is a lot easier than playing OSU and Michigan with a roster full of 3-stars and walk-ons.

Many Big Ten teams are very disciplined and well-coached, and have equal or better talent. So trying to oustcore them and get a bunch of turnovers might not be the best strategy.

I said it earlier this year and people called me crazy but Frost is not a top half coach in our own conference. We will get out coached in the majority of our B1G games. Dantonio, Day, Franklin, Chryst, Fitzgerald, Harbaugh, and Ferentz are all considerably better coaches than Scott. Lovie Smith, Fleck, and Brohm are all coaches you could make an argument are better coaches than SF. So at best we have the 8th best coaching staff in the conference. Worst case the 11th best coaching staff in the conference. This is deeply concerning.

I like some of the hires Scott made particularly Held, Fisher, Beckton, and Tuioti. I have not been impressed with Walters, or Ruud. Jury is still out on Chins, Verduzco, Austin, and Dewitt

I hear you, and while I think what you propose would improve things, it is much like what we see when playing lower level competition and doesn't prepare you for tougher opponents. I still think when it comes to big close games or when coming from behind, we don't have a competitor and leader back there with the confidence necessary to make his own breaks, to bring up the team, and for them to believe in. It's the opposite that happens, and in spite of his athletic ability, his lack of these needed leadership skills hurts the team and why his ceiling is rather low and left for low to mediocre teams.

Haha....well, we can disagree back & forth for forever sir. It's a tough call either way. We'll just have to hope for the best. We deserve it! :)

Reactions: NikkiSixx
I said it earlier this year and people called me crazy but Frost is not a top half coach in our own conference. We will get out coached in the majority of our B1G games. Dantonio, Day, Franklin, Chryst, Fitzgerald, Harbaugh, and Ferentz are all considerably better coaches than Scott. Lovie Smith, Fleck, and Brohm are all coaches you could make an argument are better coaches than SF. So at best we have the 8th best coaching staff in the conference. Worst case the 11th best coaching staff in the conference. This is deeply concerning.

I like some of the hires Scott made particularly Held, Fisher, Beckton, and Tuioti. I have not been impressed with Walters, or Ruud. Jury is still out on Chins, Verduzco, Austin, and Dewitt

You may be correct sir. However, I think it's fair and reasonable to judge SF "after" we put together some real-deal lines. It's almost impossible to win in the Big10 without them don't you think? I know it's not a good thing for me to keep putting down our own OLine as they're giving their best.....but....well, you know.

My 10 cents is sold on Chins. I love his aggressive style of play but we'll see......

You may be correct sir. However, I think it's fair and reasonable to judge SF "after" we put together some real-deal lines. It's almost impossible to win in the Big10 without them don't you think? I know it's not a good thing for me to keep putting down our own OLine as they're giving their best.....but....well, you know.

My 10 cents is sold on Chins. I love his aggressive style of play but we'll see......
It takes time for the OL to develop. Riley left that cupboard pretty bare. We were damn lucky to have Foster and Farmer last year. I don't know if we win a game without them last year.

It takes time for the OL to develop. Riley left that cupboard pretty bare. We were damn lucky to have Foster and Farmer last year. I don't know if we win a game without them last year.

Yep, they saved our bacon for us last year to be sure. We need about a dozen clones as soon as possible.

Giving a coaching staff 1 1/4 seasons and expecting a different outcome to that game. Yeah I’m the stupid one lol. How fuking dumb are you. Go find another team, come crawling back when Frost has them rolling. Or get some chalk and draw a safe circle.

You're math skills are even laced with stupidity, Jimmy, you dope. Laughing We're closer to 1/2 through the season than 1/4 through the season.

77th in Total Defense and 93rd in Scoring Defense now. This is quickly becoming Diaco Mark II. Defenses don't take a year and a half to become accustomed to new schemes. Especially when we were already running a 3-4. The difference between a 1-gap and 2-gap defense shouldn't be this difficult to adapt to. Maybe it's the fact that Diaco...er...Cosgrove...er...Chinander sometimes alternates between the two that is what causes problems with being assignment sound. Whatever is it, our personnel isn't this poor on defense to be ranked 77th and 93rd respectively.

Reactions: bigboxes
You're math skills are even laced with stupidity, Jimmy, you dope. Laughing We're closer to 1/2 through the season than 1/4 through the season.

77th in Total Defense and 93rd in Scoring Defense now. This is quickly becoming Diaco Mark II. Defenses don't take a year and a half to become accustomed to new schemes. Especially when we were already running a 3-4. The difference between a 1-gap and 2-gap defense shouldn't be this difficult to adapt to. Maybe it's the fact that Diaco...er...Cosgrove...er...Chinander sometimes alternates between the two that is what causes problems with being assignment sound. Whatever is it, our personnel isn't this poor on defense to be ranked 77th and 93rd respectively.

Oh c'mon, you know better than that. Having an offense that sometimes goes 3 & out for almost forever doesn't help much. Endless penalties & fumbles don't help much either. Add to that the horrible kicking/punting game we have that also almost forever gives the opponent excellent field position.....well......I know you understand that.

Reactions: Jimmy Frank

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_NCAA_Division_I_FBS_football_season
The regular season began on August 24, 2019 and is scheduled to end on December 14, 2019.

8/24/2019 - 12/14/2019 = 112 days.
8/24/2019 - 9/28/2019 = 35 days
35 / 112 = .31 or 31%

...and I'm stupid RollingLaugh

I can't believe we suck against a team that will probably send 15 players to the NFL in 2020.

I can't believe we suck against a team that had 5 top 10 recruiting classes from 2014-2019.

OSU
2019 - 14
2018 - 2
2017 - 2
2016 - 4
2015 - 7
2014 - 4

NU
2019 - 18
2018 - 23
2017 - 23
2016 - 26
2015 - 30
2014 - 35

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_NCAA_Division_I_FBS_football_season
The regular season began on August 24, 2019 and is scheduled to end on December 14, 2019.

8/24/2019 - 12/14/2019 = 112 days.
8/24/2019 - 9/28/2019 = 35 days
35 / 112 = .31 or 31%

...and I'm stupid RollingLaugh

I can't believe we suck against a team that will probably send 15 players to the NFL in 2020.

I can't believe we suck against a team that had 5 top 10 recruiting classes from 2014-2019.

OSU
2019 - 14
2018 - 2
2017 - 2
2016 - 4
2015 - 7
2014 - 4

NU
2019 - 18
2018 - 23
2017 - 23
2016 - 26
2015 - 30
2014 - 35

We're 5 games into a 12-game season, dope. This isn't difficult.

BTW, what's your excuse for South Alabama and Colorado? This should be rich with an endless supply of buffoonery.

We're 5 games into a 12-game season, dope. This isn't difficult.

BTW, what's your excuse for South Alabama and Colorado? This should be rich with an endless supply of buffoonery.
A simple mind would figure it that way, makes sense.

A simple mind would figure it that way, makes sense.

Actually a simple mind would somehow try to make 5 out of 12 = 31%.

A simple mind would also use a comma, instead of correctly using either a period or semicolon...much like you chose to do. Carry on, dunce.

These are the idiots that are the worst of our fan base and the reason our fan base is laughed at even though we have the best fans in college football and I see them every Saturday during the season as I'm a season ticket holder and have been for many years. These are absolutely the worst of our fan base as I said and shouldn't even be allowed to be associated with Husker Nation as they give all of us that support the program win or lose a black eye and are a complete embarrassment..

Last edited:
Reactions: Jimmy Frank
Guys, this isn't gonna be an easy process as it starts with S&C, I don't think people truly understand the damage Devaney and Riley did to this program physically. Pelini had some pretty badass OLs and DLs but the guy just couldn't coach worth shit and refused to recruit but yet he won 9 games a year while he was here. Do we take Pelini back? of course not. The destruction of our beloved program came in the form of all the coaches we've had since Osborne trying to reshape the program into their own image and as a result, bit by bit brick by brick caused a complete demolition in all areas of what we know and love.

Frost is now charged with rebuilding the foundation bit by bit and brick by brick the Nebraska way. His job here is harder for him than it was when Osborne took over when Devaney retired. This is gonna take alot of time for this to happen. Frost is the Nebraska way and I'm in for the long haul because the end result is worth the wait. Remember, Rome wasn't built in a day.

Guys, this isn't gonna be an easy process as it starts with S&C, I don't think people truly understand the damage Devaney and Riley did to this program physically. Pelini had some pretty badass OLs and DLs but the guy just couldn't coach worth shit and refused to recruit but yet he won 9 games a year while he was here. Do we take Pelini back? of course not. The destruction of our beloved program came in the form of all the coaches we've had since Osborne trying to reshape the program into their own image and as a result, bit by bit brick by brick caused a complete demolition in all areas of what we know and love.

Frost is now charged with rebuilding the foundation bit by bit and brick by brick the Nebraska way. His job here is harder for him than it was when Osborne took over when Devaney retired. This is gonna take alot of time for this to happen. Frost is the Nebraska way and I'm in for the long haul because the end result is worth the wait. Remember, Rome wasn't built in a day.

Hey, whatever you say.......:confused:

Reactions: wkato
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT