ADVERTISEMENT

Fire Frost

Yes I do contribute. But the point is that Moos expected he could turn it around in 2-3 years. Frost himself we had the talent to be better than 4-8 under Riley, and that by Year 3 we would be competing for championships.

Moos assured that Nebraska has everything it needs from a resources stand point to compete for championships again.

“Everything is set here,” Moos said. “This table is set as well as any place in the United States in regards to resources, facilities, infrastructure and fan support.”

With everything in place, Moos believes it should take 2-3 years for a new coach to get Nebraska back to competing for championships

Ok fine. What’s your solution? I anxiously await. Fire chins? Get ANOTHER d coordinator.

We're paying Frost $5 million a year to take 5 years to be competitive? That's not the expectations Moos said he had when he fired Frost.
Correct. Moos said by year 3 we should have this thing turned around. Well he said maybe 2 years but more realistically 3.

One week doesn't inform another. A night-time road game against a conference opponent with GameDay in town got OSU more juiced up than a non-conference scrub, so what?

So what? Getting shut out against Ohio State's 1s and 2s produces nothing more than "so what?" We're officially a non-Power 5 program.

Reactions: Huskred01
Don't waste your time. This guy is on furlough from the State Hospital.

Lol. The guy saying that getting blown out by a top team isn’t reason for a full on meltdown is the crazy person. Not the guy who’s tried to blame every bad game on one d coordinator. Got it.

Ok fine. What’s your solution? I anxiously await. Fire chins? Get ANOTHER d coordinator.

Stop trying to be Oregon and get back to what made us the best program in the country for three decades. The Big Ten is not the Pac-12. We won't be able to get the talent to outscore teams like OSU, Michigan, Penn St, and Wisconsin. If you think recruiting is hard now, wait until we have our 3rd consecutive losing season.

well, the point is, maybe Scott should re-think this whole scheme he is running. The formula that worked here, can work again.. ask Wisconsin. But noooooo, every swinging dick that comes in as a coach has their own idea.. it was only Bo that tried to run more of what we used to, and he at least got 9 wins a year.. we were so stupid to fire him, but he wanted out anyway.. no wonder. I can't wait for the fans and media to put the pressure on Scott big time. Make him turn it around. Take off the kid gloves. Demand something of this coach. He can only promise and offer big talk week after week. Scott actually knows how to perform under pressure, so we as fans owe it to him to put the pressure on.

I'm not fine with only 9 wins, but to each their own I guess.

I don't know for sure, but I'm pretty sure that you can't just reinstall the power/option scheme in 1.3 years. You've got to recruit to it, you've got to teach it. The staff that was hired was teaching what they taught. If Nebraska wanted Navy's offense they should have hired Niumatalolo.

Nebraska is 1.3 seasons in a bigger rebuild than any coach since Devaney and you're talking about threatening the coaches into coaching changes already.

Lol. The guy saying that getting blown out by a top team isn’t reason for a full on meltdown is the crazy person. Not the guy who’s tried to blame every bad game on one d coordinator. Got it.

You did create the "Fire Frost" thread. Sarcasm noted. Who's crazy?

You did create the "Fire Frost" thread. Sarcasm noted. Who's crazy?

When people are bitching to level they are, it’s the only conclusion you can make for what they want. Out coached, unacceptable, afraid, etc...what’s the logical conclusion for what they want? So I stated it outright to prove a point how absurd it is.

When people are bitching to level they are, it’s the only conclusion you can make for what they want. Out coached, unacceptable, afraid, etc...what’s the logical conclusion for what they want? So I stated it outright to prove a point how absurd it is.

Did you get the response you were looking for?

I'm not fine with only 9 wins, but to each their own I guess.

I don't know for sure, but I'm pretty sure that you can't just reinstall the power/option scheme in 1.3 years. You've got to recruit to it, you've got to teach it. The staff that was hired was teaching what they taught. If Nebraska wanted Navy's offense they should have hired Niumatalolo.

Nebraska is 1.3 seasons in a bigger rebuild than any coach since Devaney and you're talking about threatening the coaches into coaching changes already.
I didn't say that, I said to start putting maximum pressure on Scott. He actually performs well under pressure. His QB, however does not.

You can make excuses all you want for the program. I have seen freshman qb's win the NC. I have seen UCF go from 6-6 to 13-0. There is no reason for this team to be performing this badly.. except one. That kid has no business being a QB and leading this team.

Go back and listen to interviews of what Scott said he wanted in a QB shortly after his hire. Martinez is none of those things. His athleticism is great, but he is nothing like what Scott said was needed, and Scott said himself that the team will go how the QB goes.

A great leader back there will make the other guys better. Conversely, a poor leader will make the team worse.

This is what is happening. There isn't some huge talent gap.. at least not this big. It is all about a guy who has no confidence, no competitive drive, trying to lead an alpha group of players into battle. It's really basic stuff. This is why as long as Martinez is the QB, we are going to have a very tough time doing anything.

Reactions: BrighteRed24
I didn't say that, I said to start putting maximum pressure on Scott. He actually performs well under pressure. His QB, however does not.

You can make excuses all you want for the program. I have seen freshman qb's win the NC. I have seen UCF go from 6-6 to 13-0. There is no reason for this team to be performing this badly.. except one. That kid has no business being a QB and leading this team.

Go back and listen to interviews of what Scott said he wanted in a QB shortly after his hire. Martinez is none of those things. His athleticism is great, but he is nothing like what Scott said was needed, and Scott said himself that the team will go how the QB goes.

A great leader back there will make the other guys better. Conversely, a poor leader will make the team worse.

This is what is happening. There isn't some huge talent gap.. at least not this big. It is all about a guy who has no confidence, no competitive drive, trying to lead an alpha group of players into battle. It's really basic stuff. This is why as long as Martinez is the QB, we are going to have a very tough time doing anything.

This makes a lot of sense

Reactions: NikkiSixx

We have an Alpha group of players? Which guy on our O line would you say is an Alpha o lineman? I'm not a football genius, but I do know a good O line will make a team go a long way.

I'm not making excuses. We have an ugly baby.

Reactions: SC_'sker
Nope. Was hoping logic and reason would prevail. Apparently some are beyond that. Blind hate and stupidity prevail tonight.

I can’t wait to blame the young and inexperienced defense next year. You know...since we lose our 3 starting Dlineman and our best linebacker.

Reactions: jeans15
Stop trying to be Oregon and get back to what made us the best program in the country for three decades. The Big Ten is not the Pac-12. We won't be able to get the talent to outscore teams like OSU, Michigan, Penn St, and Wisconsin. If you think recruiting is hard now, wait until we have our 3rd consecutive losing season.

Pretty sure that TO isn’t capable of calling plays or running the team anymore. The fact that people think some squiggles on paper are the difference between winning and losing amaze me. It was consistency of the staff and TO’s feel for play calling that made Nebraska what it was, even at that it was a perfect storm of talent that finally put us over the edge. Frost may get there, it took TO decades to reach the top and Frost is going to take time also.

None of them have ever had two years under the same coordinator at Nebraska.

So we can only expect Chinander to actually put a decent defense on the field when he has nothing but juniors/seniors on the two deep?

Or should we just ignore his tenure as a defensive coordinator in his first 4 years? Ohio St goes out and gets Greg Mattison...Frost brings along his buddy who has a total 1 year experience as a full time assistant at a power 5 school. Imagine that

Also, you are wrong.

Reactions: SC_'sker
Pretty sure that TO isn’t capable of calling plays or running the team anymore. The fact that people think some squiggles on paper are the difference between winning and losing amaze me. It was consistency of the staff and TO’s feel for play calling that made Nebraska what it was, even at that it was a perfect storm of talent that finally put us over the edge. Frost may get there, it took TO decades to reach the top and Frost is going to take time also.

TO had a few other advantages: an unrivaled Strength & Conditioning program, and a unique offensive system that was almost impossible to prepare for in one week.

Nowadays, every program has a top-notch Strength & Conditioning program, and our offense isn't unique. This offense requires an abundance of great skill players, whereas our old offense didn't, so was much easier to recruit to our location.

TO had a few other advantages: an unrivaled Strength & Conditioning program, and a unique offensive system that was almost impossible to prepare for in one week.

Nowadays, every program has a top-notch Strength & Conditioning program, and our offense isn't unique. This offense requires an abundance of great skill players, whereas our old offense didn't, so was much easier to recruit to our location.

You know, this seems to be the factor that everyone forgets. What is the point of recruiting really good offensive talent if they can't do anything with it against good to great teams.

The funny thing is, we ran I formation for a few plays in the first half and it was the most successful our offense was all night. Maybe, after 15 years, it's time to reconsider this. TO is still alive to give guidance.

So what? Getting shut out against Ohio State's 1s and 2s produces nothing more than "so what?" We're officially a non-Power 5 program.
How Ohio State played in their season opener has nothing to do with how they played today, so yeah. Comparing one week to another means nothing, there is no transitive property of college football, never has been, never will be. Nebraska played poorly tonight, what does Florida Atlantic have to do with that? You don't think Ohio State was more focused for a conference game on the road than a season opener against a team that in the last decade has employed Howard Schnellenberger and Carl Pelini as its head coach?

How Ohio State played in their season opener has nothing to do with how they played today, so yeah. Comparing one week to another means nothing, there is no transitive property of college football, never has been, never will be. Nebraska played poorly tonight, what does Florida Atlantic have to do with that? You don't think Ohio State was more focused for a conference game on the road than a season opener against a team that in the last decade has employed Howard Schnellenberger and Carl Pelini as its head coach?

“more focused.”

Must be nice to have a focused and well prepared team. I wonder what that feels like.

“more focused.”

Must be nice to have a focused and well prepared team. I wonder what that feels like.
So, when Bill Snyder was getting run out of Lincoln by 30 points in 1997 two games after Nebraska struggled to beat UCF by 14, did that mean UCF would have beaten that #7/#8 KSU team by 16? Not a direct, apples-to-apples comparison sure, Nebraska will finish nowhere near the top 25 this year, but there are plenty of examples of a top 5 team sleepwalking against a non conference opponent, so again: so what? I don't care what Ohio State or Florida Atlantic looked like on August 31st, it's September 28th now, and Ohio State looks like they'll be in the playoff, and Nebraska will need to play well enough to win against 3 more opponents to qualify for a bowl game in 2019 and continue restructuring the roster/depth chart to better compete at a national level. Don't like it? Tough titty.

Reactions: jmliehr
Because people need some perspective. Everyone is b*tching and complaining about how bad this is. Yeah it sucks. But there’s no answer other than give it time. Those are the options. So I’m calling out the idiots. Tell us what the answer is, because any rational person knows the only thing to do is give frost time to do things his way.
The real butt hurt here isn't just the pounding you just got, it's you're still little brother to Wisconsin and Iowa.:rolleyes:

You know, I don't know whether you're trolling, or whether you really believe what you're typing. This team so far this year is not looking like the team that finished 4-2 to end last year.
We need more Bethune Cookman’s & less Iowa’s.

That’s how we close out 4-2.

Oh shut up already. Florida Atlantic scored 21 against Ohio State and we scored 7. You can take the false transitive property stuff and shove it up your ass. We still got beat a lot more soundly than Florida Atlantic did by Ohio State, and that's embarrassing.

Right? That’s what people want?

We have the worst fan base in college football. This was never a one year fix. Idk why people thought it was
I see the players taking on the attitudes of their coaches, it’s to bad some of the fans don’t.

And THIS, my friend is why you are the village idiot of this board. Or at very least, you placed. This type of a loss does matter. It matters because it confirms that Frost has some coaches on his staff that are in over their heads.

We have no choice in the matter. Frost IS our coach for the next 4 years, regardless of what he and his staff do. And I'm good with him being the head coach. I do question his coaching staff though.
I agree also Frost is the guy and you’re a fn idiot crybaby. I bet you can’t wait for a loss so you can crack you knuckles and start crying on the boards. Sad. Nebraska has some of the best fans and at the same time, some of the dumbest...like really fn dumb.

The real butt hurt here isn't just the pounding you just got, it's you're still little brother to Wisconsin and Iowa.:rolleyes:
Ha...we are all little brother to OSU...none of it matters except for being in the final four. The rest is an excuse to take a family trip.

You know, this seems to be the factor that everyone forgets. What is the point of recruiting really good offensive talent if they can't do anything with it against good to great teams.

The funny thing is, we ran I formation for a few plays in the first half and it was the most successful our offense was all night. Maybe, after 15 years, it's time to reconsider this. TO is still alive to give guidance.

That still doesn't solve the problem that is Eric Chinander being our DC. That guy has given up huge yards and points for 4 straight years. Frost needs to realize that he has attached himself to an anchor, and that anchor is going to drag Frost's career to the bottom with it.

I watched Collin Miller last night react to an outside running play as slowly as I've ever seen a LB react to a running play. It had nothing to do with Collin Miller's athleticism. It had something to do with something causing him to react like molasses. Not sure if the reads are more difficult to make with this defense or he is being taught poor technique, but he was taken almost completely out of the play until the RB was a good 12 yards down the field.

ADVERTISEMENT