ADVERTISEMENT

Fire Frost

No, it sucks. But I still think frost is the guy. How about you? if you agree frost is the right coach, then what’s your solution? How can you be unhappy with the program and support the coach? It’s not logically consistent.

I said before the game, even if we get our doors blown off, it doesn’t mean anything. I stand by that

And THIS, my friend is why you are the village idiot of this board. Or at very least, you placed. This type of a loss does matter. It matters because it confirms that Frost has some coaches on his staff that are in over their heads.

We have no choice in the matter. Frost IS our coach for the next 4 years, regardless of what he and his staff do. And I'm good with him being the head coach. I do question his coaching staff though.

We almost beat an urban Meyer coached team, in their house last season. The offense has definitely taken a step backwards.. if you deny that, then please share with me what you are smoking. We haven’t hit the century mark in yards with 3:51 left in the third... something is wrong.

This Ohio state team is light years ahead of last year. If you can’t see that, then you don’t know what you’re watching

Yeah, but we're young on defense.. Laughing Idiot!

One would hope that Frost would look at some game video and be able to make these decisions pretty easily on his own.

I’m 100% sure frost won’t fire chins after this year. Your move ace

He has time to build a team. I can’t believe a serious fan wants him fired. Think what he inherited. Zippo and some players with attitudes. Rebuild and have patience until time & patience has run its course. Then fire the sob.
GBR!

And THIS, my friend is why you are the village idiot of this board. Or at very least, you placed. This type of a loss does matter. It matters because it confirms that Frost has some coaches on his staff that are in over their heads.

We have no choice in the matter. Frost IS our coach for the next 4 years, regardless of what he and his staff do. And I'm good with him being the head coach. I do question his coaching staff though.

Or maybe we we’re playing a top 3 team In the country while we are relying young guys with inferior talent. But hey, I’m sure you’re right. We just need better coaching. Just like every year for the last 20 years. At some point you’ve got to just buy in and give a staff time.

We're not playing Wisconsin.

Bo would never let receivers run around wide open without touching them.

Their run game isnt that great

...but he'd let them by if they ran the same sweep play 8 times in a row...who cares what kind of play you get smoked on over and over and over, you want a floater or a sinker served up on a silver platter?

Reactions: jeans15
Give frost and chin the talent Ohio st has and then if they can’t win then fire them. Until then frost did say probably 4 years

Reactions: jeans15
Last year we were 0-5 now we’re 3-2 is that progress?
in one metric, yes, but in others, I don't think so. The second half of last year was much better than the beginning of this year, so progress in that metric, looks backwards to me.

Right? That’s what people want?

We have the worst fan base in college football. This was never a one year fix. Idk why people thought it was

Here's the deal, there's not ONE player on Nebraska that could start for Ohio State, period. We all know Ohio State has NFL talent all over their roster, and they've been recruiting that way for a long time. Until Nebraska gets that kind of talent, these kind of losses to top teams will continue, as you all know.

The best we can hope for is to see a battle next week with Northwestern that somehow turns into a win. Yes, Frost & Co. need to do a lot better, this game should have at least been somewhat competitive, although I really thought the Buckeyes would win by about 31 points, Nebraska is so riddled with mistakes on offense, and the defense can't stop an old lady from crossing the street.

After the 2022 season is over, that will be five years in the bank for Frost, if at that time Nebraska is still middling around and not a threat to get to the B1G title game, then the wolves should howl loudly for him to vacate the job, five years is enough to make the team a challenger to get to a conference championship game.

Reactions: K_Y_E and TheNewNU
You know, I don't know whether you're trolling, or whether you really believe what you're typing. This team so far this year is not looking like the team that finished 4-2 to end last year.

It’s not the same team. But last years team was behind this team at game 5. That’s a fact.

A lot of those UCF fans came here and said that a few coaches, the DC being the number one target, weren't very good. Can't argue with that.

Reactions: Hoosker Du
Here's the deal, there's not ONE player on Nebraska that could start for Ohio State, period. We all know Ohio State has NFL talent all over their roster, and they've been recruiting that way for a long time. Until Nebraska gets that kind of talent, these kind of losses to top teams will continue, as you all know.

The best we can hope for is to see a battle next week with Northwestern that somehow turns into a win. Yes, Frost & Co. need to do a lot better, this game should have at least been somewhat competitive, although I really thought the Buckeyes would win by about 31 points, Nebraska is so riddled with mistakes on offense, and the defense can't stop an old lady from crossing the street.

After the 2022 season is over, that will be five years in the bank for Frost, if at that time Nebraska is still middling around and not a threat to get to the B1G title game, then the wolves should howl loudly for him to vacate the job, five years is enough to make the team a challenger to get to a conference championship game.

We're paying Frost $5 million a year to take 5 years to be competitive? That's not the expectations Moos said he had when he fired Frost.

Ironically they've run more old school Nebraska offense in this game and still getting ripped. OSU looks like a legit top ten. So take that all in.

Nebraska lost what, 1.5 years of recruiting shortly after Frost took over....its going to take some time, but I love the switching from old school to new school so far even though the score isn't any better.

Think of how hard it would be to defend if they got good at both...NU needs horses on the line regardless of which offense is executed
we seemed to do better running those old school plays, so why aren't we doing more of it? why are we running this oregon style thing with attacking defense that puts massive pressure on the offense to produce every possession? because when you have a non competitive guy leading your offense, that is a recipe for exactly what we have.. a disaster. Maybe Scott should dust off Tom's old playbook and change the defensive philosophy. And put in a tough guy at QB with some personal confidence.

Reactions: SoFL Husker
We're paying Frost $5 million a year to take 5 years to be competitive? That's not the expectations Moos said he had when he fired Frost.

Are you contributing to the salary? Wtf do you care what we are paying him? No one could fix this in two years

That's pretty much the time frame I see for Frost, if he's at the level that gets him to a title game in year 4 or 5, then he's turning the corner. If not, he should be let go.

The problem I see for Nebraska is they're not going to out recruit Ohio
State, Michigan, Penn State, and they'll somehow keep pace with Wisconsin, Iowa, Michigan State but won't necessarily out coach them, and if that's the case, Frost will be gone after year five. Problem is, who the hell wants to take the job then?

Last edited:
Reactions: Huskred01

Spill details or you’re FOS. No one is dictating to frost who is on his staff.

All they have to do is take him on a little trip to ncasstats.com and he will say "Ya know, you're right. OK Chins is out!"

Are you contributing to the salary? Wtf do you care what we are paying him? No one could fix this in two years

Yes I do contribute. But the point is that Moos expected he could turn it around in 2-3 years. Frost himself we had the talent to be better than 4-8 under Riley, and that by Year 3 we would be competing for championships.

Moos assured that Nebraska has everything it needs from a resources stand point to compete for championships again.

“Everything is set here,” Moos said. “This table is set as well as any place in the United States in regards to resources, facilities, infrastructure and fan support.”

With everything in place, Moos believes it should take 2-3 years for a new coach to get Nebraska back to competing for championships

Last edited:
we seemed to do better running those old school plays, so why aren't we doing more of it? why are we running this oregon style thing with attacking defense that puts massive pressure on the offense to produce every possession? because when you have a non competitive guy leading your offense, that is a recipe for exactly what we have.. a disaster. Maybe Scott should dust off Tom's old playbook and change the defensive philosophy. And put in a tough guy at QB with some personal confidence.

They probably only studied and practiced a limited series of plays that Frost used to run. So they run the ones that the team seemed to run well during the last few weeks. And you cannot run 5 plays over and over against a team like OSU's and win.

Reactions: Yossarian23
Or maybe we we’re playing a top 3 team In the country while we are relying young guys with inferior talent. But hey, I’m sure you’re right. We just need better coaching. Just like every year for the last 20 years. At some point you’ve got to just buy in and give a staff time.
Tell that to Mack Brown. He competed with crappier players than we have.

They probably only studied and practiced a limited series of plays that Frost used to run. So they run the ones that the team seemed to run well during the last few weeks. And you cannot run 5 plays over and over against a team like OSU's and win.
well, the point is, maybe Scott should re-think this whole scheme he is running. The formula that worked here, can work again.. ask Wisconsin. But noooooo, every swinging dick that comes in as a coach has their own idea.. it was only Bo that tried to run more of what we used to, and he at least got 9 wins a year.. we were so stupid to fire him, but he wanted out anyway.. no wonder. I can't wait for the fans and media to put the pressure on Scott big time. Make him turn it around. Take off the kid gloves. Demand something of this coach. He can only promise and offer big talk week after week. Scott actually knows how to perform under pressure, so we as fans owe it to him to put the pressure on.

ADVERTISEMENT